SP Campaign - Mercenary Band (for 1.15/1.16)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: SP Campaign - Mercenary Band (for 1.15/1.16)

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

I don't know why Frost Nova wouldn't work, because I included your whole macros folder.
That AoE attack might be too much in the final scenario which is why I think it's better as it is. In case you're curious, it's cause you did not add the global event which regulates it.
, I should make this more clear, but the Holy Amulets are permanent, unlike Holy Water; I noticed you didn't recall those units in your final scenario playthrough.
Oof... I assumed it was "scenario-only" buff. Actually, I did recall in terms of usage. Shield Guards and Sorceress would best counter undead, especially since Shield Guards were changed to neutral now. (no ToD debuff during the night, and the weapon power is strong enough during the daytime)
it might make the watery/swampy scenarios a little easy in terms of gold, and their impact attack outclasses silver shields easily vs skeletons.
If you add some enemy which counters impact and is vulnerable to pierce, silver shields and guardians shine out.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
irheh1

Post by irheh1 »

I got an error message when I tried to load this campaign.

The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded:
C:\Users\Owner\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.15/data/add-ons/Mercenary_Band/_main.cfg

Please report this to the author or maintainer of this add-on.

Details:

Macro/file '~add-ons/War_of_Legends/macros/mainline-strings.cfg' is missing
at ~add-ons/Mercenary_Band/_main.cfg:27
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

irheh1 wrote: August 11th, 2021, 9:32 pm I got an error message when I tried to load this campaign.

The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded:
C:\Users\Owner\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.15/data/add-ons/Mercenary_Band/_main.cfg

Please report this to the author or maintainer of this add-on.

Details:

Macro/file '~add-ons/War_of_Legends/macros/mainline-strings.cfg' is missing
at ~add-ons/Mercenary_Band/_main.cfg:27
Install the dependency add-on
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: SP Campaign - Wandering Warriors

Post by Konrad2 »

There is no hint regarding how carryover works.
Both heroes are missing the golden crown.
The Enchantress hero is missing her ellipses.
Kruggov

Post by Kruggov »

Am I the only one whose game crashes if I select the campaign in the Add-on server? I can install it no problem if I don't select it (though the game crashed right after).
Also the game doesn't show any errors when crashing.
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

Kruggov wrote: February 4th, 2022, 6:40 am Am I the only one whose game crashes if I select the campaign in the Add-on server? I can install it no problem if I don't select it (though the game crashed right after).
Also the game doesn't show any errors when crashing.
I tried installing it and it did not crash for me, but it gave the following error message:
broken-dependencies.png
I think the problem might be that it specifies the dependency as War_Of_Legends (uppercase "o") instead of War_of_Legends (lowercase "o").
Kruggov

Post by Kruggov »

Actually, this might be that, since there is another campaign (Wandering Warriors) from the same author that also crashes the game when I select it in the Add-on Manager.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Kruggov wrote: February 5th, 2022, 8:04 am Actually, this might be that, since there is another campaign (Wandering Warriors) from the same author that also crashes the game when I select it in the Add-on Manager.
It actually is. Confirmed months ago. Apparently, Scio hasn't updated his PBL files.