Forgotten Conflicts: Single-Scenario Campaign Set (Version 1.3.1)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: Forgotten Conflicts: Single-Scenario Campaign Set (Version 0.7.3)

Post by Konrad2 »

S10
If the enemy leader is the last enemy on the field when I kill her, she will first say her last breath words and then the sentence her troops would have said, being enraged about her death.
Gweddeoran

Post by Gweddeoran »

Ok, will fix that.
Also, 'sight' is a word in English that means the same as see, not a grammar error

Thanks for your time on this. 😀
Gweddeoran

Post by Gweddeoran »

Version 0.7.5-
Added better Direwolf Leader portrait
Bug fixes in scenarios 8a and 10
Gweddeoran

Post by Gweddeoran »

Version 0.8.0-
New scenario, 'Skirmish in the Sands', added. Worked on by Lord-Knightmare.
Game-breaking bug in Scenario 8a fixed.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

I think the map is way too green. If I recall correctly, the world is recovering, so this map should be less green than the one Kaleh travels through. There are also a lot of other minor mapchanges that make me question it's consistency with the canon.
Gweddeoran

Post by Gweddeoran »

It's supposed to have happened about 10-12 years prior to the event of UtBS
Gweddeoran

Post by Gweddeoran »

Version 0.9.0-
New scenario added that has been made by Lord-Knightmare, the final one for the campaign- 'Escape of the Islefolk'.
Small bug-fixes in prior scenarios

Enjoy and please send feedback. :)
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Adding to the changelog, you rearranged the order of scenarios (rendering most scenario start files invalid.)

S11
Also, my 'problem' with the map for S11 still stands, this map does not match with the one of this area 10-12 years later. I recommend taking the canon map and cutting off everything you don't need.

Mudcrawlers are affected by thirst despite being elemental.

How the heck are dwarves here? And how do the elves recognize them this easily? The dwarves hadn't been above the ground for a long time when Kaleh met them and the Quenoth Elves only know of dwarves because of their legends.

The dwarvish 'leader' does not move.

Garaks 'teaching' does not work.

The Humans of the Iron Triad did not know of the Quenoth Elves before Kaleh met them.

S12
'land-lubbers' is seamen slang. Not naga speech.
If the Naga leader is still alive when the next Naga wave arrives, then that leader is replaced by the new one.

Lord Typhon won't be damaged by the poison even if he is not next to a healer or on a village.

How exactly do I beat this?

6 days would be 36 turns. You mean 3 days.

Moving a Galleon to the western edge of the map results in an instant lose. xD
(Something about [else] not being supported.)
Attachments
FC-Escape of the Islefolk-Auto-Save22.gz
(110.27 KiB) Downloaded 256 times
FC-Escape of the Islefolk-Auto-Save14.gz
(102.54 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Moving a Galleon to the western edge of the map results in an instant lose. xD
I see what happened. I left a note in my phone that this part was not fully done yet. Unfortunately, the scenario was ported before I made the update. XD
Uploading the fix on my Github

Edit: should be fixed. Will try this scenario on wednesday to see if I need to clean up the code.
How exactly do I beat this?
Just....survive? XD
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: August 3rd, 2019, 8:25 pm Just....survive? XD
You do that. ._. I barely managed to eke out a win. I mean, look at that upkeep. ._.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

You do that. ._. I barely managed to eke out a win. I mean, look at that upkeep. ._.
Spoiler:
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Gweddeoran

Post by Gweddeoran »

Konrad2 wrote: August 3rd, 2019, 9:50 am The Humans of the Iron Triad did not know of the Quenoth Elves before Kaleh met them.
He has been in contact with the Iron Triad, but gets killed before he can tell them anything, also Garak is not alive when Kaleh and co. first encounter the Triad, so we don't know for sure that he does not know about them. Same goes for the dwarves, Garak wasn't there, and it isn't necessary he would care to discuss about the subject with Kaleh, who wasn't even that important then and probably a child at the time of the conflict (Tanuil's son is not Kaleh but the Cloaked Assassin Keratur, so he would probably be deemed more important). Besides, it is to be noted that Kaleh only mentions he heard of dwarves in myths, Zhul may have known but chooses not to say anything as Elyssa tells them anyway.

The Naga leader issue is actually meant to be that way- he/she is not a leader in the first place, merely a speaker from the Naga race for denoting the arrival of more Nagas.

Will fix the text issues you described, thanks for the check. :eng:

EDIT: Fixed the teaching bug, and redid the text as suggested- thanks for your help with this. Also, the ship thing should be fixed now, checked Lord-Knightmare's code and it seems the empty [else] block caused the problem. Added extra [not] blocks to deal with the dehydration of the Mudcrawler advancement line.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: Forgotten Conflicts: Single-Scenario Campaign Set (Version 0.9.0)

Post by Konrad2 »

gweddeoran wrote: August 4th, 2019, 3:52 am He has been in contact with the Iron Triad, but gets killed before he can tell them anything, also Garak is not alive when Kaleh and co. first encounter the Triad, so we don't know for sure that he does not know about them.
Same goes for the dwarves, Garak wasn't there, and it isn't necessary he would care to discuss about the subject with Kaleh, who wasn't even that important then and probably a child at the time of the conflict (Tanuil's son is not Kaleh but the Cloaked Assassin Keratur, so he would probably be deemed more important). Besides, it is to be noted that Kaleh only mentions he heard of dwarves in myths, Zhul may have known but chooses not to say anything as Elyssa tells them anyway.
Iron Triad: It suggest that every elf that fought by his side that time died as well.
Dwarves:
a) Let's say the dwarves still travelled aboveground. Then they would have had to:
a.1) Have a kinda major outpost in the caves close to the surface, which they must have lost in between this fight and Kalehs arrival, with orcs entrenching there instead (let's ignore the lack of Darvish buildings).
a.2) Travelled multiple weeks through hostile territory, with some small army. Go figure how they carried enough provisions. Or what they even want here.
a.3) Some combination of the above.
Now. For some reason every elf would have been sworn to secrecy for... what reason? And again, they would have all have to die before Kaleh meets the dwarves. Also, Zhul would have lied to him.
Really, I don't care much about Kaleh not having known, but everyone didn't know. (And withholding the information from the guy you want to lead you is a bad idea.)
If you still insist on dwarves being there: The elves took their appearance too much in a stride, just like the dwarves were not surprised about the elves as well.
I rest my case.
The Naga leader issue is actually meant to be that way- he/she is not a leader in the first place, merely a speaker from the Naga race for denoting the arrival of more Nagas.
In that case I suggest that you make sure the he does not move to attack. It's very odd if you are fighting a unit and the next turn it's fully healed, has no xp and has a different name.

EDIT:
S12
Please make sure that Eldaric does not move into water. That's a very blatant case of suicide.

I forgot to mention this, but even when Eldaric is dead, a HI will still join the battle every turn.

EDIT 2:
I still lose when moving a Galleon into the escape zone. Maybe you shouldn't kill the Galleon when it reaches x=1? (I don't really know WML, so it'S probably something else.)
Attachments
FC-Escape of the Islefolk-Auto-Save23.gz
(119.14 KiB) Downloaded 248 times
Gweddeoran

Post by Gweddeoran »

Version 1.0.0 is out-
Lots of narration text added for each scenario.
Miscellaneous bug-fixes.
@Konrad2- I did something about the dwarves, the elves no longer call them that- they don't know who they are and simply refer to them as 'strange, stout beings'. Their identity is discovered only when Zhul/Elyssa mentions it in UtBS. The Eldaric bug and the Galleon bug are fixed.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: Forgotten Conflicts: Single-Scenario Campaign Set (Version 1.0.0)

Post by Konrad2 »

Actually, why does everyone in S11 suffer from dehydration? All of them should have sufficient water rations.(Though you can easily make up some reason for the elves, like 'left in a hurry'.)
(And why do you insist on the map?)

Units standing on a mountain do not suffer from thirst.

Dazed units lack the 'dazed' indicator thing.

EDIT:
Galleon bug has indeed been fixed, Eldaric bug has not.
Attachments
FC-Escape of the Islefolk replay.gz
(105.65 KiB) Downloaded 334 times