Tales of the Rubies (SP campaign for BfW 1.14)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

EarthCake

Re: Tales of the Rubies (SP campaign for BfW 1.14)

Post by EarthCake »

Will this campaign and all of Argesilao campaigns be maintained any longer now that Argesilao deleted account?
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Unless someone jumps out an decides to maintain them...no.
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

Konrad2 wrote: May 12th, 2019, 4:49 pm Unless someone jumps out an decides to maintain them...no.
What happened with Argesilao?

Also, do moderators have campaign passphrase?
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

As you said, he decided to delete his his account.

Not exactly, but add-ons can be taken down, so if someone decides to become a maintainer, the old add-on can be taken down and be replaced be the new add-on.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

As far as I know, he decided to ask for his account to be deleted after this thread. Which seems odd to me, at least, but he didn't give any further reasons for it when he requested his account be deleted so maybe there were other things going on.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

Pentarctagon wrote: May 12th, 2019, 5:58 pm As far as I know, he decided to ask for his account to be deleted after this thread. Which seems odd to me, at least, but he didn't give any further reasons for it when he requested his account be deleted so maybe there were other things going on.
I doubt he would leave Wesnoth community because of that, but who knows?

If anyone maintains this add-on (or will maintain), Orcs and Elves scenario needs rebalancement. Or give player more turns on Nightmare, or give elves less gold.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

EarthCake wrote: May 12th, 2019, 6:07 pm
Pentarctagon wrote: May 12th, 2019, 5:58 pm As far as I know, he decided to ask for his account to be deleted after this thread. Which seems odd to me, at least, but he didn't give any further reasons for it when he requested his account be deleted so maybe there were other things going on.
I doubt he would leave Wesnoth community because of that, but who knows?

If anyone maintains this add-on (or will maintain), Orcs and Elves scenario needs rebalancement. Or give player more turns on Nightmare, or give elves less gold.
Apparently that is why he left, seeing as his add-on's descriptions now say:
A little note: the author no longer has an account for the wesnoth.org forum, so, if you have something to say about this campaign you can write it in the website page below, but it's better you don't wait for an answer.
Moreover I suggest to evaluate well what you write; if what you write doesn't like or doesn't interest the administrator of the site, the discussion will be locked.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

At least it does imply that he wants to keep maintaining his add-ons.
sergey

Post by sergey »

Argesilao, you could provide email for feedback in your add-ons. Take care, we will miss you.
Author of SP scenario Dragon Fight and SP campaign Captured by a Nightmare.
Created The Rise of Wesnoth (alternative mechanics) version of the mainline campaign.
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

Konrad2 wrote: May 13th, 2019, 8:13 am At least it does imply that he wants to keep maintaining his add-ons.
sergey wrote: May 14th, 2019, 10:53 am Argesilao, you could provide email for feedback in your add-ons. Take care, we will miss you.
I'm not sure whether Argesilao plans to keep maintaining this and other addons, but if so, it might be a good idea to put them on GitHub or GitLab or any other place that has a bug tracker where people can report issues and provide feedback. (Especially considering that these addons are quite popular, with over 25,000 downloads so far.)
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Apparently he decided to discontinue his maintenance of his campaigns, at least the new note on his add-ons says so.
Last note: The author will no longer take care of the maintenance of this campaign.
Who wants to take it in charge can write an email to this address: argesilao2019@yahoo.com
and I will send him the server.pbl file of the campaign; this file, inserted in the campaign folder downloaded here, will allow him to modify the add-ons at will.
Argesilao2

Post by Argesilao2 »

Hi everyone! Argesilao is here! :shock:

I know what I wrote, but I am in love with Princess Albachiara, and in the end I realized that I could not leave her in the hands of a stranger; so here I am again.
(Amor, che a nullo amato amar perdona,
Mi prese del costei piacer sì forte,
Che, come vedete, ancor non m'abbandona.
) :eng:

I posted the version 2.0.0 of the famous campaign that is the subject of this discussion, working for version 1.15.3 of the game we all love.

What's change?
I used the characters of Aldar (Legend of Wesmere Scenarios 14 and 15) and Alanin (Sceptre of Fire) to further link the campaign to the Wesnoth mainline; I added some dialogue's line here and there and I just made the gameplay of some scenarios easier, plus some other little changes I don't remember.

I tested the campaign at the normal difficult, and it seems to work, but there is always the First Law of Murphy around my campaigns :doh:

You can post your feedback here, :) at least if no one locked the discussion without a reasonable reason to. :(

Have fun! :D
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

Argesilao2 wrote: August 17th, 2020, 8:53 am Hi everyone! Argesilao is here! :shock:
Hurrah, finally you come back to forum after over one year absence... Ciao Argesilao! :D
Sorry for my english, I'm not english native.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
Argesilao2

Post by Argesilao2 »

Someone pointed out to me there is a couple of fatal errors, and other less fatal errors, in the 2.0.0 version of the campaign.

I fixed all the reported errors in the 2.0.1 version

My apologies for the drawback :oops:
Ashtero

Post by Ashtero »

The Campaign doesn't work for me :(

On 1.14.17 I get the following error on start:

Code: Select all

Macro/file 'NOTE_SKIRMISHER' is missing
    at ~add-ons/Tales_of_the_Rubies/units/Albachiara.cfg:70
        included from ~add-ons/Tales_of_the_Rubies/_main.cfg:91
If I delete NOTE_SKIRMISHER from Albachiara, I get similar errors about other ability notes. I've seen other campaigns use "+{SPECIAL_NOTES_SKIRMISHER}", so maybe this command is no longer supported or something.

On 1.15.14 the campaign loads, and all is seemingly fine (other than messages about "NOTE_SKIRMISHER has been deprecated and removed" and stuff like that), but when I am supposed to recruit units in the first scenario, when I press "select this unit", all I get is this message:

Code: Select all

error scripting/lua: lua/wml/modify_unit.lua:112: bad argument #3 to 'newindex' (location expected, got table)
stack traceback:
	[C]: in metamethod 'newindex'
	lua/wml/modify_unit.lua:112: in local 'handle_unit'
	lua/wml/modify_unit.lua:190: in upvalue 'simple_modify_unit'
	lua/wml/modify_unit.lua:196: in local 'cmd'
	lua/wml-utils.lua:144: in field 'handle_event_commands'
	lua/wml-flow.lua:5: in function <lua/wml-flow.lua:4>