Tactics Puzzles (for 1.12/1.14)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

josteph
Inactive Developer

Re: Tactics Puzzles (for 1.12/1.14)

Post by josteph »

@octalot Maybe something like this?
Spoiler:
By the way, I take the same approach as octalot to enemy gold.
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

I played this campaign, and I must give you my compliments for making something totally different from the usual Wesnoth! The only puzzle where I really had to use the vague hint was the 7th, which also required me a reset when the Whelp leveled to a Troll instead of a Rocklobber.
Anyway, I enjoyed it, so I thought of giving something back: here there's the Italian translation, prepared by yours truly. ;)
wesnoth-Tactics_Puzzles.po
(25.13 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
By the way, I noticed that, when a puzzle is solved, the "Solved!" tag isn't translated: this happens because, at line 45 of the "menu" scenario, there's a missing translation mark.
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
Aldarisvet
Translator

Post by Aldarisvet »

Elvish_Hunter wrote: October 7th, 2019, 10:04 pm which also required me a reset when the Whelp leveled to a Troll instead of a Rocklobber.
It is designed to be passed with a Troll, as I understood. At least, I passed it by killing a Troll.
facebook.com/wesnothian/ - everyday something new about Wesnoth
My campaign:A Whim of Fate, also see it's prequel Zombies:Introduction
Art thread:Mostly frankenstains
Inky
Forum Moderator

Post by Inky »

Heyyy everyone thanks a bunch for the comments and sorrrry about taking so long to reply!
No new puzzles yet but I will try to think of some I promise :D

Big thanks to Elvish_Hunter for making an Italian translation! It's added now along with your name in the campaign credits. (And I added the missing translation mark for the "Solved" text).

Puzzle #7: It is solvable with both advancements (troll / rocklobber), I just double checked. Here's the solution from the Puzzle_solutions text file:
Spoiler:
WhiteWolf wrote: March 1st, 2019, 8:37 am it could be a lot more visual if you did it with an invisible [chance_to_hit] special applied to all appearing units that sets it always to 100%. Currently in the attack window it is the regular cth, the special would already show 100% there.
Ah yeah I also don't like how the percentages still display as other than 100%, I'll see if I can figure out how to do it that way. Thanks for the suggestion!
octalot wrote: August 12th, 2019, 4:03 pm On Troll Bridge, although the trolls don't recruit, the status table says that they have 100 gold; I was expecting every unoccupied castle hex would have a whelp appear on it.
Oops, good point. Changed the gold amount to 0 for the trolls now they are broke :twisted:

Aldarisvet: Thanks for the detailed feedback, I'm glad some of the solutions were able to surprise you!

octalot/josteph: Nice idea! I have a vague idea of how to make that into a puzzle.
Spoiler:
josteph
Inactive Developer

Post by josteph »

Inky wrote: October 24th, 2019, 2:34 am octalot/josteph: Nice idea! I have a vague idea of how to make that into a puzzle.
Spoiler:
I don't think players would worry about custom units with 1 gold recruit cost, but sure, we could have the puzzle revolve around managing the player's own upkeep, as you say.
gaojicainiao

Post by gaojicainiao »

Bug:
Select “Troll bridge” → “Return to puzzle selection menu” → select “Troll bridge”, then you will see what happens.
kjn

Post by kjn »

I'm not sure if it's my installation of Wesnoth (1.14.16) or something else, but I cannot make either the proposed solution or Skeptical_troll's solution to work. The Paladin simply lacks the hit points to survive two strikes from the Banebow. I do however have a different solution.

ETA: Ah, worked it out, by moving the swordsman to the flat hex with daylight.
Spoiler: