A Goblin Adventure - Short SP Campaign

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

s1m0n

Re: A Goblin Adventure - Short SP Campaign

Post by s1m0n »

Hey, cool Campaign!

Was really fun for inbetween, Playing time about 2 hrs.

My feedback:
a) Played on middle, was on the easier side, except for the scenario where you flee from the knights. maybe go and spawn less knights for the easier "versions"?
b) Was fun, had a logical storyline, I just felt bad for the humans getting killed so unjustified :shock: but that's the way the story works, I guess :D

Simon

edit: custom goblins fit the others. the bowmen have a little low damage, but otherwise cost, hp and so on are fine
eh, what comes here again?
Graziani

Post by Graziani »

Thanks Simon for your feedback,
I'm very happy you enjoyed to play my campaign, thank you !

Yes Humans are unlucky in this campaing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Another player also told me the second level is too hard, I will manage to make it easier. Maybe I will add damage to bowmen.
Creator and maintainer of "A goblin adventure" (available) and "From Rocks and Blood"(available) --- Working on a new campaign "Facing Death"
Argesilao2

Post by Argesilao2 »

Hi!

Just finished the campaign, version 1.4.1, intermediate difficulty, B.f.W 1.14.16.

Very funny! :D
I also liked it because it forced me to play in a different way than usual. 8)

Only some little Issue:
scenario 04:
I was be able to have 3 Giant Spider, 2 recalled plus 1 recruited.
Is the last battle scenario, but objectives said there is an early finish bonus.

Some tips:
Non-rider goblin's units can't raise over the level 1, therefore it's always disadvantageous to recall them for 20 gp; I would suggest to recall goblin archer, goblin Impaler, and goblin swordsman with 13 gp only.
Anyway a level 1 goblin gains 3 HP with the AMLA_DEFAULT, so it can be profitable to recall an experienced unit; otherwise the recall list will be filled with a crowd of useless and brawling gobs. :lol:

it might be fun to add one last battle scenario with Kark against the trolls.

Thank you for your work!

P.S. There are some events (moving in a sector or killing an enemy) where to speak it's a Spider.
I am sorry that I have not taken note of which events these are :oops: but I assume that they are all those events in which speaking is the primary unit.
Graziani

Post by Graziani »

Argesilao2 wrote: May 10th, 2021, 12:02 pm
Only some little Issue:
scenario 04:
I was be able to have 3 Giant Spider, 2 recalled plus 1 recruited.
Is the last battle scenario, but objectives said there is an early finish bonus.
Thanks ! I believed I fixed the problem gonna take care of this.
Some tips:
Non-rider goblin's units can't raise over the level 1, therefore it's always disadvantageous to recall them for 20 gp; I would suggest to recall goblin archer, goblin Impaler, and goblin swordsman with 13 gp only.
Anyway a level 1 goblin gains 3 HP with the AMLA_DEFAULT, so it can be profitable to recall an experienced unit; otherwise the recall list will be filled with a crowd of useless and brawling gobs. :lol:
VERY good idea, I simply even didn't think about that. Will definitly change this. Thanks :D
Argesilao2 wrote: May 10th, 2021, 12:02 pm it might be fun to add one last battle scenario with Kark against the trolls.
Before to post the first version of this campaign, there was a battle level against troll but I deleted it because I wanted some special gameplay like in the others scenarios but I wasn't inspired like I was for the rest of this campaign. However, I would like to do it again, so I will probably add a fifth and last level to this campaign !

Argesilao2 wrote: May 10th, 2021, 12:02 pm P.S. There are some events (moving in a sector or killing an enemy) where to speak it's a Spider.
I am sorry that I have not taken note of which events these are :oops: but I assume that they are all those events in which speaking is the primary unit.
Thanks for that, I also believed It was fixed. Gonna check it !
Argesilao2 wrote: May 10th, 2021, 12:02 pm Very funny! :D
I also liked it because it forced me to play in a different way than usual. 8)
Thanks for your comment, I'm really happy that you enjoyed my campaign ^^.
It makes a few monthes that I didn't touched my two campaigns (FRAB and this one), and I really want to go back to them.
Also, I will finish this year I think my new campaign, Facing Death, a short campaign like AGA in wich evolves a human duelist. Can't wait to show it. Another, much longer and linked to my FRAB campaign, is in work too.

I took note of all your comments, and I will update my two campaigns to the current wesnoth version soon.

Thanks again ;)
Creator and maintainer of "A goblin adventure" (available) and "From Rocks and Blood"(available) --- Working on a new campaign "Facing Death"
Graziani

Post by Graziani »

1.4.2 updated and online

-Few wml organization and campaign description for addon manager
Last edited by Graziani on June 29th, 2021, 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Graziani

Post by Graziani »

Some tips:

Euhm... Basic question. I have no clue on how to modify the price of a recall. I'm looking through the wiki and forum but I found nothing useful.
Any idea ?
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Graziani wrote: June 29th, 2021, 2:57 pm
Some tips:

Euhm... Basic question. I have no clue on how to modify the price of a recall. I'm looking through the wiki and forum but I found nothing useful.
Any idea ?
there are recall cost adjuster mods available. Just make the installation and activation of one them to be mandatory, or take the code from them (crediting the authors ofc) and modify them for your campaign.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
James_The_Invisible

Post by James_The_Invisible »

Graziani wrote: June 29th, 2021, 2:57 pm
Argesilao2 wrote: May 10th, 2021, 12:02 pm Some tips:
Any idea ?
You can use attribute recall_cost in [unit] and [unit_type]. And apparently there is [effect] apply_to=recall_cast.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

You can use attribute recall_cost in [unit] and [unit_type]. And apparently there is [effect] apply_to=recall_cast.
Yeah, this is a lot simpler from what I had recommended and should be more appropriate.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Argesilao2

Post by Argesilao2 »

About the recall cost, you can try this:

Code: Select all

# this event works when a level 0 gob is recruited
	[event]
	    name=recruit
	    first_time_only=no
	    [filter]
	        type=list of level 0 gobs
	    [filter]
	    [modify_unit]
	        [filter]
	            id=$unit.id
	        [filter]
	        recall_cost=13
	    [/modify_unit]
	[event]

# this event works when a level 0 gob raise to level 1
	[event]
		name=advance
		first_time_only=no
		[filter]
			type=list of level 1 non rider gobs
		[/filter]
		[object]
			[filter]
				id=$unit.id
			[/filter]
			duration=forever
			[effect]
				apply_to=recall_cost
				set=13
			[/effect]
		[/object]		
	[/event]	
I use some similar in a campaign of mine and they works.
obviously you have to put these events in all scenarios, but probably you already know it.
Good luck!
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Here is how it's done in Den of Thieves.
In the start event, store all x,y=recall,recall units
change the variable recall_cost for those units.
unstore the units back to recall,recall.
Graziani

Post by Graziani »

Argesilao2 wrote: May 10th, 2021, 12:02 pm You can use attribute recall_cost in [unit] and [unit_type]. And apparently there is [effect] apply_to=recall_cast.
Thanks to all of you, I finally used this technique. It's working perfectly.

Gobs lvl 0 can be recall for 11, Gobs lvl 1 can be recall for 13 (except riders)

Version 1.5.0 updated and online !

-New recall prices for gobs lvl0 and lvl1
-Corrected few lines of dialogs --- All campaign
-Added a {CHECK_SPEAKER} to avoid a speaking spider ---- All campaign
-Added a [remove_shroud] ---- S1
-Added a note that indicates what the player is able to recruit ---- S1 and S3
-Improved a move_to [event] --- S1 and S3
-Modified an entire dialog --- S2
-Added two [scroll_to] ---- S3
-Corrected a [shroud] ---- S3
-Added ambient sound --- S3
-Potion have more powerful effect --- S3

What's gonna come for AGA :

-A final playable scenario against trolls
-A rework of all music playlist and ambient sounds
-A new portrait for Kark
-Correction for goblins arguing dialogs (see previous posts)
-Lyrical style for story.txt
-Improvement of the dialogs (poor english)
-Balance test for gold/income in all campaign
-Scenario WML organization
Graziani

Post by Graziani »

Hi,

I realized few days ago that my two campaigns are not available in the last wesnoth version, so here it is.
I made a lot of changes in AGA.

Version 1.7.0 updated and online !

-Fixed a linux issue due to main.cfg
-Fixed a graphical problem (magenta) on the Lvl0 and Lvl1 goblin bladesman and swordsman
-Fixed/improved dialogs --- All campaign
-Balanced Income/Gold --- All campaign
-Changed some music and ambient sounds --- All campaign
-Balanced difficulty --- S3 and S4
-Goblins are not arguing with themselves anymore
-Fixed/improved [remove_shroud] and some moveto tags/events --- S4
-Deleted Kark portrait. Now he have a mainline one (rouser)

What's gonna come for AGA :

-Lyrical style for story.txt
-Have to fix an issue with an object that is given to a character --- S3
-Scenario WML organization
-A final playable scenario against trolls (maybe)

My other campaign, From Rocks And Blood, is not available on 1.16 (but is on 1.14). I will upload it soon.

As it is my first 2022 post, I wish you an happy new year wesnoth community ! Take care !
Graziani

Post by Graziani »

Version 1.8.0 updated and online
-Fixed an issue with an object --- S3

I consider this campaign 90% finished. It's totally playable, there is apparently no bugs (please report if you find any)
The last 10% would be this potential last playable scenario against trolls (from now it's a dialog-only scenario) and the polishing.
Indeed, I wanna polish the campaign texts (dialogs, especially humans/dwarves ones, and story.txt - because my english is far from perfect)

Now I'm focusing on porting on 1.16 my troll campaign From Rocks and Blood and the publishing of my new campaign Facing Death.

Please feel free to continue to report any bugs and give feedback for this little goblin campaign. I will continue to improve it depending on the feedbacks.
I had a lot of fun at imagining/writing/designing/playing it and I hope you had/will have some fun by playing it !

Have a nice day
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Hello! Is this still maintained? I've begun playing the campaign on BfW 1.16.2 and I have found a bug. Whenever I try to access the goblin bladesman's unit description, either by going through the 'pedia or by selecting the unit and pressing D, the game immediately crashes to desktop. Other than that it seems to remain playable.