Heroes

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Re: Heroes

Post by Kwandulin »

Fixed the [animate_unit] issue. This also fixes the Domdom / Aiglandin thing.

The flaming sword only changes weapons of type=blade to type=fire, so it doesnt affect the Guardsman. The new version is up
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Enemy units that die because of a rune do not grant gold.

EDIT: Taking an item seems to heal the unit completly.

EDIT 2: Is there any difference between bloodfrenzy (Tyrserker) and bloodlust (The Blade)?

EDIT 3: When Onarr (The Wanderer) advances and I let him call wolves Skjol (The Protector) shouts something about the Fury of Nature. Shouldn't that be Onarr's line?

EDIT 4: Same with Ailiandil and her Pact advancement.

EDIT 5: I've been awarded (only) a silver completion laurel. And why is in the scenario description this: '...Single Scenario)'
Last edited by Konrad2 on June 14th, 2018, 7:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

I've finished it now. All found 'bugs' are in my previos post.
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Post by Kwandulin »

Thanks, I've read it. I've returned working on my BfW stuff and will soon offer an update.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

The description of this add-on says:
'Heroes' features 28 unique heroes, each with their own AMLA set and abilities. Most of the 25 heroes origin from the campaigns Oath of Allegiance, Carved in Stone, Nightfall or Ashen Hearts. This will later be used as a ressource pack for those campaigns.'

How many heroes is this add-on about?
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Just a small thing, but the scenario awards (most times) the wrong laurel/wreath upon completion. (Apparently caused by using the old difficulties syntax.)
Details as to why and how to fix it can be found in issue #3983.
Edwardsonovich

Post by Edwardsonovich »

That is really the best scenario I've ever played in Wesnoth. Bro, keep doing scenarios with dwarfish heroes, or even a compaign. They are the greatest!
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

Edwardsonovich wrote: July 2nd, 2019, 2:06 am That is really the best scenario I've ever played in Wesnoth. Bro, keep doing scenarios with dwarfish heroes, or even a compaign. They are the greatest!
You might want to check out Carved in Stone, a dwarf campaign by Kwandulin... ;-)

(he also made Ashen Hearts and Oath of Allegiance)

((although I think he is no longer active))
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Post by Kwandulin »

I've continued working on Heroes: the currented (not yet released) version has a lot more to offer:
  • I've added a huge pack of campaign units of OoA, AH, CiS to it, to make the units available for my other campaigns.
  • I've added tons of great UMC units to the pack. I've tried to create new or select the most flavourful and beautiful units to offer a high quality pack. Currently I am working on adding strike gfx and new abilities to some units. I've added units to the corresponding unit sprites of Zerovirus, blarumyrran and neoriceisgood that didnt make it to UMC yet.
  • I've also added some of the campaign units of mainline BfW to make it available for easy campaign creation.
  • My deep elves faction is now a part of Heroes.
  • There's quite a few UMC macros now, that make it easier to create campaigns: place a bush with red fruits that can be picked from, summon a huge meteor that spawns a lava behemoth and sets the surroundings on fire, visit graves of old warriors that summon skeletons once stepped on, equip items and drink potions that lie around, save units that have been captured and are waiting in a cage, steal the eggs of angry gryphons, use dwarvish lumberjacks to chop down forests, use dwarvish miners to build castles and dig into caves, place portals from which enemies are spawning, place shrines of Shassagoth that channel his powers, place runic mines that explode or spark a lightning once stepped on, open prison doors, recall your highest level units, place sleeping yetis, lurking duneworms, resting scorpion, rub magical lamps to cast forth a genie, create quest units that you can talk to, mark points of interest with questions marks and and and . . . most of the above with just a simple line of code. Nice side effect of this package: it is easier to maintain OoA, AH, CiS and they feel the same, because the underlying gameplay mechanics are the same.
  • I've added some new heroes: Ildira, a deep elf assassin. Kelian, an ancient lich with great summoning powers. Othur, an orcish shaman with a connection to the dream world. Coral, a human mage whose hair forms the head of a dragon. The elvish trio Ailiandil, Echelana and Moraen who were exiled from Lintanir forest and were then embraced by Shassagoth to become deep elves.
  • There's also some new scenarios coming a long, that shed light on the heroes.
It'll still take a while but making good progress for some time now.
Attachments
Extra campaign units
Extra campaign units
Heroes
Heroes
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

I love this mod, glad you're still working on it.
small typo
./macros/scenario-items.cfg: name=Strom Trident
Gregcraft

Post by Gregcraft »

Your Heroes are fantastic. I like playing with them. I also created some maps where you can choose a hero and battle against the other hero (it's like Mortal Kombat or Killer Instinct).These maps are not in the updates but I will usually play them online. I also have new ideas for Heroes:

- Marven the Crusader (silver and golden armor, blue coat, wields Din'Alvar, the holy sword, white hair, human, friend of Echlebert, powers of the elements)
- Maironiel the black Elf (looks like Rhamuniel, dark outfit, ability to corrupt other units, rival to Rhamuniel)
- Pirigon the Warrior (dwarf, runeblade, friend of Uthain, guardian of the iron Bulwark)
- Tandar the Elf Knight (wields Smarados, the emerald sword, friend of Marven, powers of lightning)
- Nadion the Summoner (great summoning powers, ally and future rival of Daironiel)
- Helena the Princess of Light (yellow dress, divine sword, golden crown, friend of Marven and Elric, powers of light)
- Peridon the Slayer (demon, son of an angel mother and a demon father, dark armor, dark red cape, rival and future friend of Marven)
- Elric the Sorcerer (blue coat with a hood, staff witha saphir, powers of the elements, friend of Marven and Helena)

I cannot wait for the new version of the Heroes. Keep it up!
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Post by Kwandulin »

Thanks for the comments! Your hero ideas sound nice! I can see some new heroes appear. Loyalists need some more heroes, so Elric or Marven might work well. Maybe we can get a loyalist elemental summoner, too. I've also implemented some stuff that could be useful for a summoner. Like the summoner could gain AMLAs that summon unique elementals once the AMLA has been chosen. Downside: once the elementals are killed, it is like the summoner didnt get an AMLA. Still tinkering a bit... Also I am all for adding another dwarf for the Iron Bulwark! Focussing on the rune stuff or clockwork stuff might work well for such a hero.

We will definitely get another new hero in the next update: Baalu, a kid of the city of Carcyn, son of an elvish father and human mother. He is somewhat angry that most of his friends were killed in the last raid of bandits against Carcy. After a raid when he was one of the few survivors, he was traumatized and played with toy soldiers in his wrecked house and played with them as if he were fighting off the bandits. The toy soldiers then come alive and Baalu becomes the leader of the Army of Lost Children, a totally new faction with neoriceisgood's art that will be featured in the next Heroes update.
Attachments
Baalu.png
Baalu.png (13.39 KiB) Viewed 3118 times
Gregcraft

Post by Gregcraft »

Your idea with Baalu is nice. A kid with an army of toys? That's crazy. I cannot wait for him to come out and lead the toy armies to victory.

I also came up with new Heroes for you:

- Quasan the Battle Mage (golden armor, activates battle gear during combat, claymore, white cape)
- Marthis the Orc Hunter (light blue hair, enchanted bow, green cape, alias The Slayer of Orcs)
- Hatrius the dark Priest (dark elf, black coat, white hair, bone staff, dark sword, pupil of Daironiel)
- Macdac the Barbarian (giant axe, white hair and beard, friend of Grim, human dwarf (half human, half dwarf), Guardian of the Iron Bulwark)

I've got also some pictures from my Heroes. Check this out:

I didn't paint them but I'm working on it.
Gregcraft

Post by Gregcraft »

Oops!

I didn't submit the pictures.

Man!
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Post by Kwandulin »

Released on 1.15.x!

The single scenarios are still not yet released. The add-on contains an additional of 262 units and 33 hero units. You can play as one of 17 factions in multiplayer. To do so, pick the "Heroes package" as the era while creating a multiplayer game. Enjoy!
Attachments
factions.png