Genesis 0.2.12 [1.14/1.15] [Ep 1 complete]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

nemaara
Developer

Re: Genesis 0.2.6 [1.12/1.14] [Ep 1 complete]

Post by nemaara »

There's a lit area to the southeast that should be indicated by a minicutscene and in Aryel's dialogue.
Zaklog

Post by Zaklog »

I went to that corner of the lava room. I tried moving the characters all around, and nothing happened. Is something wrong with my game?
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

You'll also notice that if you move there with the wrong person some dialogue will trigger.
Attachments
hex.JPG
Zaklog

Post by Zaklog »

Okay, found it. Thank you.

I saw that spot highlighted earlier in the scenario, but by the time I actually got to the area, I'd lost track of it. I assume you (nemaara) are one of the creators of this + Invasion from the Unknown? If so, I recently finished IftU. It was very well done, thank you. I hope After the Storm can be updated to work with the new engine.
kabachuha
Inactive Developer

Post by kabachuha »

Zaklog, After the Storm was updated two days ago. https://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.ph ... 14#p656214
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

There will be a patch for episode 1 in a week. Here's a little teaser for it. :roll:
Attachments
genesis_teaser.JPG
nemaara
Developer

Re: Genesis 0.2.9 [1.12/1.14] [Ep 1 complete]

Post by nemaara »

Genesis version 0.2.9 is released on the 1.14 and 1.15 addon servers. This is a big update to episode 1 including many new unit sprites and animations, 2 new faerie lines, and revised dialogue in all of the scenarios.

I did some rebalancing as well, so hard mode is extra spicy hard now, but hopefully easy and normal will still be around the same difficulty level. I might make a quick patch soon-ish if feedback comes in that easy/normal are a bit too challenging.

Have fun ^o^.
Major_Swampy

Re: Genesis 0.2.9 [1.14/1.15] [Ep 1 complete]

Post by Major_Swampy »

Whew, it has been over two years not updated this campaign yet, but now it is... Waiting for your next version which comes with episode 2. Top notch... ^_^
Last edited by Major_Swampy on August 8th, 2020, 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for my english, I'm not english native.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
nemaara
Developer

Re: Genesis 0.2.9 [1.14/1.15] [Ep 1 complete]

Post by nemaara »

Version 0.2.10 is out, I forgot to fix a couple things in 0.2.9 so I just made a quick patch today. You don't need to redownload the resources, just the campaign.

I'm not totally sure if I will proceed will episode 2. If I do, I might use my patreon for it if there's enough interest. Or, I might do one small release for it and see where to go from there.
Rhylla

Re: Genesis 0.2.10 [1.14/1.15] [Ep 1 complete]

Post by Rhylla »

I for one have very much been looking forward to a chapter 2 since even before chapter 1 was finished, and I definitely don't think I'm the only one ;) no pressure, no expectations (as a writer, I know just how exhausting fans' expectations can be, so please don't feel like you have to) but if it's something you believe in and want to do, I'd love to play it.
KillerKetchup

Re: Genesis 0.2.10 [1.14/1.15] [Ep 1 complete]

Post by KillerKetchup »

Hey! just found a small thing with the new patch, the aruure nightmare’s female version doesn’t have aruure in front of nightmare on the unit (not sure if this is a one-off but when I saw it was on the female and not the male), update is amazing anyway!
nemaara
Developer

Re: Genesis 0.2.11 [1.14/1.15] [Ep 1 complete]

Post by nemaara »

Version 0.2.11 is out to fix the Yuure demon name bug. So okay, it's a really small bug but it annoys me so I put it on the addon server anyway. :roll:

Once again you don't need to redownload the resources pack, just the campaign if you want the bugfix.

Rhylla wrote: August 8th, 2020, 3:50 am I for one have very much been looking forward to a chapter 2 since even before chapter 1 was finished, and I definitely don't think I'm the only one ;) no pressure, no expectations (as a writer, I know just how exhausting fans' expectations can be, so please don't feel like you have to) but if it's something you believe in and want to do, I'd love to play it.
Well it's not so much expectations so much as I have a lot of other projects too and it's hard to spend so much time on this kind of thing for free. ⊙﹏⊙
ELIADOR

Post by ELIADOR »

I think I have encountered a bug in version 0.2.11, after the first evolution of both Esher and Aryel the experience counter disappeared it shows "-" and they cannot advance anymore. For Yumi it was like that from the first scenario and she didn't get even one advancement. If this is intentional I am sorry for not reading more about this...

Wesnoth version: 1.15.4 Difficulty: Hard
A while ago...
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

ELIADOR wrote: September 5th, 2020, 7:39 am I think I have encountered a bug in version 0.2.11, after the first evolution of both Esher and Aryel the experience counter disappeared it shows "-" and they cannot advance anymore. For Yumi it was like that from the first scenario and she didn't get even one advancement. If this is intentional I am sorry for not reading more about this...

Wesnoth version: 1.15.4 Difficulty: Hard
I guess it's an issue with 1.15.4, it works properly in 1.15.3. Maybe someone broke something in the engine? It's possible since it's the nonstable version.
Aldarisvet
Translator

Post by Aldarisvet »

Interesting.
I passed the first scenario in 6 turns on Hard, but the next scenario seems impossible to me after two attempts. Even with 250 gold. I tried wih recruiting Dusk Faeries using all my money - they seems most effective on this map. Still that is not enough. That lvl2 skirmisher Windlasher demons that attack with 5*6 impact are really huge problem.

Seems I better not to hurry to kill the enemy leader in the first scenario and get units upgraded instead.
I even know what a unit it should be. A lvl2 healer. I need to get them at least two, at least prepare for advancing. That is not good. Wesnoth already is too much obsessed with healers.

Well, I've looked into the campaign's unit tree. Forest nymph provides only +6 healing as lvl2 unit. Still they also slows enemy so concenrating on them may be very good choice. In fact is what you need is to get enough of these healing faeries - in large numbers they would consume everything, curing themselves and slowing everyone. But I do not want to to repeat the scheme I used in many campaigns...

Seems Yousei Hana is going to help me. They have draining at lvl2. That would help.

I like the storyline and everything but... woooh, too many demons were there.
facebook.com/wesnothian/ - everyday something new about Wesnoth
My campaign:A Whim of Fate, also see it's prequel Zombies:Introduction
Art thread:Mostly frankenstains