The Revival of Halstead (Version 1.2.2)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Gweddeoran

Re: The Revival Of Halstead (Version 1.0.0)

Post by Gweddeoran »

Campaign rebalanced and uploaded to the 1.14 server.
New changes currently not available on the 1.12 server. However, this will be done soon.
EarthCake

Re: The Revival of Halstead (Version 1.0.0)

Post by EarthCake »

Failed to load first scenario because there is no ']' in "Attack on Aldril", line 268.

EDIT: Why is there jungle forest in middle of Wesnoth?

EDIT 2: Why Blenry has loyal trait? Heroes are always loyal, and he would use some traits like resilient.
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

I cheated to get out of Attack, but only after pretty much all of my troops had been slaughtered, which might have been part of the problem later as I was basically starting over on the advancement track.
Spoiler:
BTW, I was playing on 1.12. I didn't see this on 1.14 until today. I recently installed 1.12 so I could play campaigns that haven't been updated yet.
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
Gweddeoran

Post by Gweddeoran »

Put out an update, has the same version number as before to fix the bugs by EarthCake. You must reinstall add-on to get them.
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

You cannot put same version number if you want to upload new version of campaign. It needs to be bigger number. It can be 1.0.1
Niekdo

Post by Niekdo »

Hello, I played your campaign and recorded - here it is: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... WQiq_eSZTk

Here's a little review:

Level 1 - Bandit Raid seemed to me as a casual opening level. Gived me a real feeling of mainline campaign. The second one was a tougher one, but the feeling was very much alike. What I really love, is level number 3: I like that it takes place on this crossroad, which we all remember from The Heir to the Throne. The idea of level was also great - monsters are strong, but they can be defeated. After a while, whole campaign turns out to be a classic anti-undead one. Nothing against it, I personally love that concept, but perhaps it is not really original. Storyline - I like the Idea of reviving Halstead fortress, but i'd actually appreciate much more levels focused only on rebuilding the fortress and so. Actually this campaign was much more about undead attack on Elensefar.

I found the levels well-balanced. The campaign is definitely not a good idea for beginners, intermediate is perhaps a good estimation.
Watch my Wesnoth walkthroughs on my youtube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQUceN ... ehrvzSMtkw
Gweddeoran

Post by Gweddeoran »

Version 1.1.0 Uploaded on the Wesnoth 1.14 Server
This version has major changes to the campaign, including significant narrative changes and a smoother experience which will ensure that fewer units are completely useless in the majority of the campaign. Further, significant balancing and scenario gameplay changes have been made, more so in later scenarios (5-13). Campaign has been tested on the highest difficulty and is definitely beatable, but feel free to share views and adjustments to further improve the campaign experience.
Gweddeoran

Re: The Revival of Halstead (Version 1.1.0)

Post by Gweddeoran »

Version 1.2.0 Uploaded on the Wesnoth 1.14 Server
This version introduces a new alternative branch to the campaign. This is a one-scenario change, and will not alter the entire story, similar to the choice at the end of the scenario 'The Bay of Pearls' in HttH.