Aria of the Dragon-Slayer (SP Campaign for 1.11)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

revansurik

Re: Aria of the Dragon-Slayer (SP Campaign for 1.11)

Post by revansurik »

Sudipta wrote: 2.In Fires of hatred, some of the villages are invisible and can only be noticed by their flags while others appear as runes on the ground
3.In Crimson caves, the conversation with the friednly vampire lord is triggered long before i meet them or any other enemies. Also, when meet the rebel dwarves and the dialogue event between narthol and ansaxa is triggered, my air spirit( the first unit to see the enemy dwarves) got magically teleported to inside the dwarven lords chamber and killed off. It was funny as hell
5.In the Seer's Prophecy, Wesir Amarnat, the umbra master does not have a sprite. Another invisible ghost, the twin of captain Donar as far as i can see :lol:
In 'Fires of Hatred', the villages are actually runes carved on the ground. Maybe I should have made them stand out more sharply against the rocky ground, though...
In 'Crimson Caves and 'The Seer's Prophecy', well, that's really a mistake of mine :P
Sudipta wrote: Urgent!!! The legendary Dragon Slayer whom Irdya has been awaiting for five millenia is missing unit description. And u really overdid it here. The Lv 7 Dragon Slayer makes all other god-like beings pale in comparison. Don't u think its a little too much power? Her attacks and abilities are wayyyy off the charts. Even the god-like guardians in AtS don't have as much hp and power as Tenma. But she's cool as fck now that's certain. :mrgreen:
And that note about Tenma still being mortal is unnecessary. In my playthrough, even if all the remaining enemies ganged up on her, she'd still win no doubt. Her sprite is really well made. Did u make it? But IMO, her new portrait could use some work. A kick-ass character like her really deserves a better portrait. No offense intended of course.
Oh, I had forgotten to add unit descriptions for many units, in fact; I didn't have that much free time last time I worked on this campaign :P As for her powers... Yeah, well, she's pretty much a demigoddess by this stage - but trust me, she needs to be this powerful in order to fight the Sky Dragon in the end... ;) As for the comparison with the Guardians, to be honest I always thought that, for the gods of a universe, those Guardians seemed quite underwhelming. See, Uria herself could only attack one unit per turn, and if I remember it well she didn't even inflict that much of a damage (plus, since her one mightiest attack was arcane, she would barely faze a puny mortal such as a Paladin or a Mage of Light). In my view, gods (in Wesnoth mechanics, that is) should not only be nearly impossible to defeat by normal units, but they should also be able to wipe out many of their enemies each turn :twisted:
As for her Dragon-Slayer portrait, well, that was the best I could do with my frankesteining and recolouring skills and the portraits I had available - but I always welcome volunteers for drawing unique portraits for my campaigns' characters ^_^

EDIT: Oh, not that bug again :augh:
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
Sudipta

Post by Sudipta »

revansurik wrote:In 'Fires of Hatred', the villages are actually runes carved on the ground. Maybe I should have made them stand out more sharply against the rocky ground, though...
In 'Crimson Caves and 'The Seer's Prophecy', well, that's really a mistake of mine :P
The runic villages are clear enough. The villages in the starting chamber are invisble tho. They are the ones under control of my allied side from the start.
revansurik wrote:Oh, I had forgotten to add unit descriptions for many units, in fact; I didn't have that much free time last time I worked on this campaign :P As for her powers... Yeah, well, she's pretty much a demigoddess by this stage - but trust me, she needs to be this powerful in order to fight the Sky Dragon in the end... ;) As for the comparison with the Guardians, to be honest I always thought that, for the gods of a universe, those Guardians seemed quite underwhelming. See, Uria herself could only attack one unit per turn, and if I remember it well she didn't even inflict that much of a damage (plus, since her one mightiest attack was arcane, she would barely faze a puny mortal such as a Paladin or a Mage of Light). In my view, gods (in Wesnoth mechanics, that is) should not only be nearly impossible to defeat by normal units, but they should also be able to wipe out many of their enemies each turn :twisted:
As for her Dragon-Slayer portrait, well, that was the best I could do with my frankesteining and recolouring skills and the portraits I had available - but I always welcome volunteers for drawing unique portraits for my campaigns' characters ^_^
IIRC shadowm made them like that for balancing purposes. If their hp and attacks become too high then it becomes very difficult to balance. But yeah i agree with your logic. Mortals should stand no chance against god-like beings regardless of their numbers. I think when myra fights svarballi in god mode in ASOF, i had to use save/load to win because the window for victory was very small and heavily RNG affected. This issue wasn't there in WotJ though.
And another thing i just remembered, in the main battle against Ashura, my allies completely surrounded her but would not attack, leaving no free hex for me to attack. Also Ashura would only use her stupid normal attacks which sometimes failed to kill even 1 unit... I had to wait for 5 or 6 turns before my allies had thinned out enough for me to able to land hits on her. U should program it such that Ashura uses her whirlwind attack when she is surrounded by too many foes.
revansurik wrote:EDIT: Oh, not that bug again :augh:
What bug ?
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
Playing Wesnoth since 2010, still there is so much left to play
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Sudipta wrote: And another thing i just remembered, in the main battle against Ashura, my allies completely surrounded her but would not attack, leaving no free hex for me to attack. Also Ashura would only use her stupid normal attacks which sometimes failed to kill even 1 unit... I had to wait for 5 or 6 turns before my allies had thinned out enough for me to able to land hits on her. U should program it such that Ashura uses her whirlwind attack when she is surrounded by too many foes.
revansurik wrote:EDIT: Oh, not that bug again :augh:
What bug ?
I ddin't program Ashura as passive_leader=yes specifically because I expected her to use the whirlwind attack - and she did use it when I played it once :hmm:
The bug I was referring to was the one in The Seer's Prophecy, when that error message keeps appearing after Tenma's transformation. I thought it was because of the empty side 5 (originally reserved for Bogor if he had managed to get allies in Argea); but I removed it in the latest release, and it didn't happened when I played it :augh:
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

Scenario: The Seer´s propecy.- I think there is a bug, the wall of elementals is my ally, and attacks city guards instead...
Spoiler:
Also, after leaving the Island of Maat kaarians (Netja-ra?) main character (I m terrible with names) got restarted=lost all of her AMLAs, First I thought, that she will get new AMLAs beacouse of new powers she learn, but now, AMLAs are same like they were from the beginning. I find it really annoying. Also she lost ability to recruit true elementals, I dont really understand why...
marecki

Post by marecki »

Picked up Wesnoth again and ofc returned to one of your campaigns. :)
Some bugs in later parts, most have already been reported I guess, just confirming:
- elemental wall on the player's side in Seer's Prophecy,
- after Seer's Prophecy, Tenma inexplicably loses all AMLAs AND her ability to recruit elementals,
- Aetheryon also loses all of his AMLAs somewhere along the way,
- several missions don't have early finish bonus,
- Donar has no sprite,
- AI behaviour in some missions is really odd, e.g. ships in Dawn of Another Day and souls in Dead World most of the time won't attack and run away...

In Daughter of Tithanya, Wesir is unkillable. Tried attacking with Cornelya, Tenma's dragonslaying, basically I tried every single attack of every unit. Needless to say, this is a game-stopping bug. Alas, I am not meant to complete this trilogy. :)

I find the 'false objectives' in this campaign to be very annoying. Withstand Galdra's attacks? Nope, you just have to die. Death of King-in-the-woods listed as a defeat condition? Nope, he is meant to die. I like when objectives shift dynamically during a scenario, but this is rather confusing.
Zaxmyss

Post by Zaxmyss »

In the scenario Dawn of Another Day and Clash of Powers, Algil seems missing in both. No sprites or dialog and Valerya seems talking to herself in CoP. Is this a bug or is it just me?
ElinAnir

Post by ElinAnir »

Hi again

First things first: Right now I'm at the last missions and so far the third and last installment is way the best! Great story, wonderful maps and great units - especially the japanese-ones (Sogen-Units), they really rock! Just for the first 4 or 5 missions it was worth it. I also like very much the AMLA's, although it's a little bit unfortunate that we take part in every war which we come across. And the love story between prince undead (Aetheryo...dunno) and Tenma is ... well, I wouldn't have done that, but hey, maybe they just end up as friends (please, let that be! He doesn't deserve her and she should know better, at least Myra should!).

Now the important part, meaning bugs found in AotDS:

1) In the mission where you fight against Ashura, I don't know if it's a bug or just a bad AI-script, but when I stormed her castle in the north she fled to a smaller castle despite having about 15 units and enough gold. Then she idiotically stood there, only recruiting 2 units instead of recruiting from her castle which she could have reached thus losing way too easy. I reloaded and storm the castle again, this time much more aggressively, which resulted in her death withouth Ashura fleeing. Her first flight just doesn't make sense from the tactical viewpoint.
2) Missing sprites: Donar in all missions, same goes for Algil until he advances, Myra's and Ma'at's statue don't have sprites, also the dwarven villages under Arnsaxa's control next to her in the mission where she gets betrayed - some of these missing sprites were already mentioned by other players.
3) In the mission where you have to take revenge for Arnsaxa's betrayal, Lord Krul (krul = cruel, ok, but... bad name, really, you've got so many great ideas so please come up with a better name) greets me and Arnsaxa way before his units were seen by anyone - as mentioned already.
4) In the mission where you have to lead Cornelya & Co to the fauns, killing the goblin's and orc's chief with Bogor is almost impossible, they're killed far too early by the enemies.
5) In "The Seer's Prophecy" Bogor can neither recruit nor recall, although I've got orcish/goblin units in my recall-list. Why giving him an encampment then? Cornelya can't recall those units, why?
6) Same mission, the defending elementals are on my side from the beginning.
7) Same mission, if I destroy all gems (moving unit next to statue) nothing happens.
8 ) Same mission, if all elementals die or get killed nothing happens.
9) Same mission, if all "Academy's Supernovae" die or get killed nothing happens.
10) Same mission,
Spoiler:
11) In the mission "The Daughter of Tithanya"
Spoiler:
General suggestion: It is so annoyingly to switch leaders thrice or more to recall specific units. That not everyone can recall everything makes sense regarding elements, because they have to be summoned, but in my opinion it goes against reality if a designated leader with the ability to recruit cannot recall every other unit except for elementals (which have to be summoned). So please let every leader capable of recruiting also be capable of recalling every non-elemental unit.

Maybe it's just me, but all these bugs and inconsistencies in your great campaign-trilogy are aggravating every player. Sure, missing sprites is one thing, but bad-coded missions are just lousy work on the developer's side. You do test your own missions and get them tested by other people, do you? If not: I would be glad to help ;D
Cashcam24

Post by Cashcam24 »

Olokun's ability meditation puts all of his resistances to 0 on def instead of doubling them.
Cashcam24

Post by Cashcam24 »

seer's prophecy
Spoiler:
reigenxd3

Post by reigenxd3 »

whats the name of part 1-6?
ingame search you name revansurik didnt show me all
JustAGuy

Post by JustAGuy »

Hi.

We've been playing this, and we're generally enjoying the scenario (we = my wife and I).
However, we seem to have a problem in the Twin Hammers scenario.
We lower Svarballi's HP to 0, there is some kind of animation of seeing him disperse. And then nothing happens. The game continues, he's not there, there are no enemies, but the turns just keep on ticking.
If we get to the end of turn, we fail, and Temma says something "Perhaps we should have been quicker..."

Is there a specific way to kill Svarballi? We tried it with and without Dragon-Slayer mode.

System properties: Wesnoth 1.12.2, Aria of the Dragon Slayer 1.0.1.

Thanks!
Sudipta

Post by Sudipta »

Hi JustAGuy. The author Revansurik is busy irl and can thus be slow to reply. I can help instead

In the Twin Hammers Scenario you aren't supposed to lower Svarballis hp to 0. The objective says "Fight Svarballi" Actually Tenma is supposed to lose the battle. After her Dragon Slayer Mode runs out Svarballi can defeat her in a single turn. Since u beat him, something u weren't supposed to do, the game got stuck since there was no code written for such a situation. To complete the scenario , simply go back to fighting svarballi and then get tenma's hp to 0. Since Tenmas death is a defeat condition as per the scenario objectives this can be confusing. :)

Hope it helps. Ciao
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
Playing Wesnoth since 2010, still there is so much left to play
zozer

Post by zozer »

To anyone coming here because of the bug in The Seer's Prophecy regarding the elemental wall becoming allies and then not dying bc of the crystals, this is due to the elementals spawning on the wrong team. You can fix this by going into the campaign file (the normal path is Documents->My Games->Wesnoth->data->add-ons->Aria_of_the_Dragon_Slayer->scenarios->34_The_Seers_Prophecy.cfg) and scroll down a little bit until you see this
Screenshot_1.png
in the 3 lines with "SCATTER_GUARDIAN" change the "6" right before the "()" to a "5" so it looks like this
Screenshot_2.png
save the file, close and reopen Wesnoth, and start the scenario from the beginning and they should attacking you as well as dying from the crystals
Zmoj

Post by Zmoj »

If anybody can help me, I'm having problems with unknown unit type error even back in War of the Jewel. I'm playing after the War of Legends update, so ids are changed, which is most likely causing the errors. Does anyone know a solution to this error? I tried downloading an earlier version of War of Legends and switched it with the new one, but now I made even bigger problems.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

If anybody can help me, I'm having problems with unknown unit type error even back in War of the Jewel. I'm playing after the War of Legends update, so ids are changed, which is most likely causing the errors. Does anyone know a solution to this error? I tried downloading an earlier version of War of Legends and switched it with the new one, but now I made even bigger problems.
If you downloaded the one from trunk, it won't work. Try an earlier version (1.1.5.1)
https://github.com/knyghtmare/War_of_Legends/releases
I assume you know the installation procedures of an add-on downloaded from Github?
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium