Aria of the Dragon-Slayer (SP Campaign for 1.11)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: Aria of the Dragon-Slayer (SP Campaign for 1.11)

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Copied Nightmares and Aberrations from War of Legends until 'arcane focus' bug is solved
May I see the bug message screenshot? I tried it WoL's arcane-focus weapon special just now in 1.15.2 and it loaded flawlessly. No CTDs.

Also, welcome back, friend!
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: December 30th, 2019, 9:44 pm
Copied Nightmares and Aberrations from War of Legends until 'arcane focus' bug is solved
May I see the bug message screenshot? I tried it WoL's arcane-focus weapon special just now in 1.15.2 and it loaded flawlessly. No CTDs.

Also, welcome back, friend!
Thanks! ^_^

Here's the screenshot. Those messages seem to appear every turn start for side 3 (the Aberrations/Nightmares side) and even for side 1.
Spoiler:
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Those messages seem to appear every turn start for side 3 (the Aberrations/Nightmares side) and even for side 1.
Ah, I checked my version control history in Github. This has been fixed already in April 2019. And, the fix was made available for both 1.14 and 1.15 branches.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

The one (negative) comment I can make about the storyline for this final third of the campaign is that Galdra's seems to be the only weak plotline in the trilogy. Her motivations are largely unexplained or at least unconvincingly so, IMO.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Sadaharu wrote: January 5th, 2020, 12:38 am The one (negative) comment I can make about the storyline for this final third of the campaign is that Galdra's seems to be the only weak plotline in the trilogy. Her motivations are largely unexplained or at least unconvincingly so, IMO.
Going spoiler-y here:
Spoiler:

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
Galenus

Post by Galenus »

I playing this campain on 1.14 and here are bugs encountred so far:
Problem with loading campains - solved. It's problem with wesnoth itself (encounted only on some particular setups), affects few other addon campains as well.
Spoiler:
I've encountred several problems with AMLAs of heroes - for Aria nad Kenshiro ability counter - after taking marksman i wanted to take counter, in the AMLA's choice window is option to take this ability, but it don't add after selection (and it don't add even in the AMLA window in the preview of stats)

Similar problem is with Cornelya and advanced healing AMLA - i have this option in AMLA but it don't change abilities of the hero.

There is also problem with Olokus's ability meditation- it sets all resistance for defence to 0%, same with the ability nature sympathy for both defence and offence.
cptmorgan

Post by cptmorgan »

I'm on the Seer's Prophecy. This scenario is a little infuriating as it is not made at all clear that moving Tenma to Remoses' position would end the scenario. In addition, Olukun and Decerto bugged when they first appeared (no icon, cannot use).
Also, once I got Tenma to his position, she disappeared.
What exactly is supposed to happen in this scenario?
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

revansurik wrote: January 7th, 2020, 9:27 pm
Sadaharu wrote: January 5th, 2020, 12:38 am The one (negative) comment I can make about the storyline for this final third of the campaign is that Galdra's seems to be the only weak plotline in the trilogy. Her motivations are largely unexplained or at least unconvincingly so, IMO.
Going spoiler-y here:
Spoiler:
I return!
Spoiler:
ErrantMuse

Post by ErrantMuse »

Hey everbuddy, greets.
So it's like this; here I am going thru AotDS and I get to Rekindling of the Flame and try as I might Akashia does not spawn. I get the impression something is supposed to happen when I step onto the foundation cuz that's when the game starts refusing to save off. I played through the next two scenarios just in case Akashia suddenly appears (as Sigdral did in WotJ) but that didn't happen. Anyways, I have read a lot of forum posts and have not found this so far listed as a bug so I have to ass/u/me I am just doing something wrong and need a clue.
Props to the author, who sure enough is a storyteller with the knack, but maybe not so much for the coding? ;) All the same, it is good enough to have me enduring the buggy ride for the story. Well done you.
Now, can I get a clue? ;)
ohforf271828

Post by ohforf271828 »

I'm getting the same as cptmorgan:
I'm on the Seer's Prophecy. This scenario is a little infuriating as it is not made at all clear that moving Tenma to Remoses' position would end the scenario. In addition, Olukun and Decerto bugged when they first appeared (no icon, cannot use).
Also, once I got Tenma to his position, she disappeared.
Additionally, the console says "Invalid WML found: [unstore_unit]: variable 'tenma5_store' doesn't exist".

The 'store_variable' for tenma5_store is actually in Akashia's last breath event and I failed because I 'saved' her after she went rogue (by clearing the board and surrounding Remose so she couldn't get to him - quite a natural idea IMHO, when the defeat conditions say I can't let her die), so that's the source of this 'bug'. That's also why the 'requirement' to move Tenma next to R seemed unclear - it's made the explicit objective in said event, so when you miss having Akashia killed, that's when you're hosed...
Conclusion:, start over, fix the annoying-as-hell hidden flags on Olokun and the mermaid with a text editor on the turn 1 save, and murder Akashia as soon as possible...

...Yes, confirmed. The worst of this bug is that the scenario objectives list Akashia's destruction as triggering defeat - both when her death is actually necessary and just after, when she's already destroyed.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

ErrantMuse wrote: August 6th, 2020, 11:15 am Props to the author, who sure enough is a storyteller with the knack, but maybe not so much for the coding? ;)
Hey, I was never a programmer, that I even managed to make all these campaigns is impressive enough u.u :lol:

So, took me a little longer than expected, but I finished the revision of this campaign (1.14). The only (big) issues left, I guess, are why some of the amlas are not working properly (specifically the ones that add new weapon specials), but I'll leave these for another time as they're taking a little longer.
Version 1.0.3 is uploaded, and here's the changelog:

Code: Select all

Changelog V. 1.0.3
- Scenarios:
    - Inner World: if Tenma loses to any spirit, she simply is taken back a few houses and has to try again.
	- Dead Flames: Kenshiro and Cornelya now have an actual 'kill count' dispute, with new dialogues depending on who wins.
	- Into the Northlands: some new dialogue (between Aetheryon and Valerya)
	- Northern Alliances: some new dialogue (between Aetheryon and Valerya)
	- The Earth's Mouth: some changes to Cornelya's dialogue
	- The Legend's Cradle: some new dialogue (between Kenshiro and Valerya)
	- The Seer's Prophecy: Olokun and Derceto no longer invisible; Ramoses should now target Akashia more; simply moving Tenma next to Ramoses will no longer end the scenario
	- Clash of Powers: Aetheryon won't disappear if 'killed' while Galdra still stands
	- Tides of Chaos - Father and Son: fight should be better 'coreographed' from now on
	- The Daughter of Tithanya: fight should be better 'coreographed' here as well
	- Twin Hammers: Algil and Udhark's appearance is now timed, rather than set on a specific turn; filter_second error when killing Uther should no longer happen; bug that consider Uther as having been by Aeldhoryan even if he didn't do that corrected.
	- The Spear of Irdya: corrected 'unknown unit type' error

- Units:
	- Corrected various bugged unit animations (with missing images)
	- Reduced Ashura's movement by 2
	- Reduced Dragana's attack a little
	- New halo animation for Tenma's Dragon-Slayer form
	- YiWen is now a Herald
	- Reduced Galdra's melee attack

- Terrain:
	- Missing terrain image for Maat's and Myra's statues corrected

- Miscelanea:
	- Minor corrections to dialogue and intros
	- Removed Fire Soul ability (at least for now)

;-)
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

So, it's been brought to my attention that The Legend's Cradle can't load because of a missing terrain tile. Already corrected that >.<
edit: turns out 1.0.4 still had that issue. Version 1.0.5 is working u.u

Code: Select all

Changelog V. 1.0.4 & 1.0.5

- Corrected missing terrain in The Legend's Cradle

;-)
Selenium

Post by Selenium »

Something I've noticed about this campaign is that it uses the UtBS schedule, the 2-suns schedule, but on cloudy days it uses the same schedule as the first two campaigns in the trilogy, the schedule designed to be a stormy variant of the 1-sun schedule. :hmm: I'm not complaining, it just doesn't feel consistent.
Anakin9867

Post by Anakin9867 »

I don't know if this bug has already been reported, but I'm currently unable to play scenario 40 "Father and Son". I only see Tenma and Emperor Taryen and in the beginning dialogue speaks only Taryen.
As I checked the scenario file, I saw that everything including Aetheryon and Aethra at the beginning doesn't play.
Additionally the console says : "<Invalid WML found> [unstore_unit]: variable 'aetheryon5_store' doesn't exist"
So is there a way to correct it?
Because I would like to continue and even end the campaign
Eric143

Post by Eric143 »

I'm currently at the scenario 46-The Spear of Irdya. After the initial dialogues, ending by Tenma saying "*Damn him, this is the first time I can't answer back at a taunting... I hope the Spear of Irdya is, at the very least, capable of weakening him, then I might finish him off...*", the scenario immediatly ends in my victory. I don't have to fight anything, don't see any objective etc. and there is no turn limit (I only see "turn 1" and nothing like "turn 1/xx").
It seems I can continue playing as the game leads me to the next scenario, but I'm afraid of missing some stuff for the story and/or events for the later scenarios.
So how can I fix this? I'm playing Wesnoth 1.14.9 (my OS is Windows 10), version of AotDS is 1.0.5, and I'm playing in normal difficulty.

Also, the damage type "arcane_focus" doesn't work as intended. I had an error message for it few scenarios ago.
If you don't hear anything behind you, then a child - or a cat - is doing some foolish thing. Either that, or a Ninja is sneaking behind you. I wonder which one is worse.