War of the Jewel: SP Campaign, 1.11+ (Feedback & Reviews)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

revansurik

Re: War of the Jewel: SP Campaign, 1.11+ (Feedback & Reviews)

Post by revansurik »

shaggydoc wrote: February 4th, 2021, 4:28 am I'm stuck now on the 'glimpse of light' crash. I'm on iPad version, don't know how to access the macro to change it on this version-can anyone help me with this? Or since its the iOS version am I stuck with it, and should just move on to Aria of the Dragonslayer? How many scenarios are left after Glimpse of Light?
Hi! Author here, necromanced back into the forums! I'll work on that asap, but first a little message for everyone ^^

So, yep, I'm back 😅

I guess I owe everyone an apology for disappearing like that for so long. 2020 was a particularly bad year for me; it was bad for the whole planet, I know, but it can hit you particularly hard when you live in a country whose government is actively undermining any recovery/protection plan, and undermining living conditions for those who are not rich.

Anyway, not to delve into politics here, but last year was really bad for me, and that affected all my works (including my Masters, which was the priority at the time), and so I just didn't have the mind, motivation or energy to work on my campaigns again. But with a new decade, I've found some new motivation - and going back to my dear campaigns is part of my own recovery project ^^

Long story short: I should be more active from now on, and will work on the bugs (some of which are pretty ancient btw) that appear. I won't promise I won't disappear; life's still a bit stormy, but I'll do my best to take care of these campaigns.

Since I've got a few campaigns, I'll be working little by little, but I'll focus on those bugs that seem more recurring.

(Oh and this message is valid for my other campaigns, not just WotJ. I'm not posting this same message on all of my campaigns' threads or it'll surely count as spam :P )
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

revansurik wrote: February 4th, 2021, 5:51 am So, yep, I'm back 😅
Welcome back, friend! :D
I am glad to hear you're alive and back in Wesnoth again.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: February 4th, 2021, 6:23 am
revansurik wrote: February 4th, 2021, 5:51 am So, yep, I'm back 😅
Welcome back, friend! :D
I am glad to hear you're alive and back in Wesnoth again.
Thank you! I was about to send you a message! ^_^

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Welcome back, and thanks for the prequel! :D I'll play it ASAP.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Konrad2 wrote: February 4th, 2021, 8:11 pm Welcome back, and thanks for the prequel! :D I'll play it ASAP.
Thanks! ^_^

;-)
RockerMan

Post by RockerMan »

Having the same problem
Konrad2 wrote: January 13th, 2021, 8:09 am
rahoolji wrote: January 13th, 2021, 12:47 am
someplayer wrote: August 16th, 2020, 5:27 pm
rahoolji wrote: July 15th, 2020, 8:46 pm I am not a coder and don't know where to go to even do that.
1) In the War_of_the_Jewel/maps directory, find the "37_Forces_Of_Nature" map.
2) Open it with notepad or textedit or whatever.
3) Find the Rmp^Ms. There's only one. I just removed the "^Ms" part and saved and it loads fine.

Would you believe that it now says cannot open the map is not a rectangle. What does that mean?
My best guess is that you removed the full 'Rmp^Ms' instead of just the '^Ms' part. Or you accidentally deleted another tile when removing the '^Ms'.
I deleted the "^Ms" and saved but it still gives the same error. Is there another location with the map file? Thanks!
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Hi, can you please properly code in the inclusion for WoL units?
In your _main.cfg file, you have just added them in as raw and missed out on adding a new damage type.
This causes a flood of error messages as reported in the Discord channel.

Code: Select all

<invalid WML found>  [unstore unit]: variable 'give arcane_focus_res[]' doesn't exist (2)
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Took me a little longer than expected, but here's version 1.0.4 - with a bunch of old bugs corrected! Better late than never, right? ^_^

Code: Select all

Version 1.0.4

- Scenarios
   - Prologue, pt II: player must now find both the Trident and the Soul for the scenario to end
   - Prologue, pt III: Changed Gidhonus' name to Isfet
   - Foundation Stone: Corrected missing Sigdral bug
   - True Darkness: Stygia's spell is less dark than before
   - The Shadows Within - Black Light: corrected invisible Merwe & Mahyus bug; Nature Orb has more hp so as to avoid accidents
   - The Shadows Within - Dark Pride: placed markers for the hexes Sigdral must reach
   - Burning Ice: Windsong no longer affected by freezing; bug causing units to remain affected by freezing should no longer happen
   - A Glimpse of the Light: removed units with the arcane focus weapon special to prevent that pesky bug from happening
   - Raging Thunder: Dam is now much closer to Akhen's starting keep, and the flood spreads twice as fast
   - Forces of Nature: Corrected missing terrain type bug

- Units
	- When improving his Lucent powers, Akhen learns a new attack along with the Holy Ankh (this new attack doesn't disappear if he uses the Ankh in Waters of Light)
	- Fixed the messed Inspire ability descriptions

- Artwork
	- Corrected various missing attack icons/animations

- Miscelanea:
	- Corrected missing image for statues of Myra and Maat
	- New graphics for Arajunna's red rock terrain
	- Added unique architecture for Skironians

;-)
Fabrizio

Post by Fabrizio »

1. Welcome back to the wonderful land of Wesnoth!
2. Just saw an update from WotJ come in,
3. went back and loaded WotJ-Forces of Nature.gz and it loads!
4. so [This error](viewtopic.php?p=661859#p661859) has been solved
5. Thank you and we understand life is more important than Wesnoth!
;) >:-)
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Fabrizio wrote: February 28th, 2021, 5:22 pm 1. Welcome back to the wonderful land of Wesnoth!
2. Just saw an update from WotJ come in,
3. went back and loaded WotJ-Forces of Nature.gz and it loads!
4. so [This error](viewtopic.php?p=661859#p661859) has been solved
5. Thank you and we understand life is more important than Wesnoth!
;) >:-)
Thanks! ^_^

;-)
Eric143

Post by Eric143 »

I'm playing this great campaign (Wesnoth 1.14.9, Windows 10). I really enjoy it, but I have a curious error: when I ended the scenario Raging Thunder and started the next one, Light against Light, Sigdral and all the dwarves I had were in my recall list...
Then, when I start the scenario Crimson Earth, Sigdral doesn't appear in her keep. I have this error message: <Invalid WML found> [unstore_unit]: variable 'sigdral4_store' doesn't exist.

How can I fix this? Having a missing ally could be problematic for the story...

Edit: Found!

The error occured initially in the Raging Thunder scenario. An event didn't triggered at the death of the dwarf lord. I just did again that battle, and the event triggered correctly. It should be OK now (Sigdral and the Dwarves are no longer in my recall list, so I guess it's all good).
If you don't hear anything behind you, then a child - or a cat - is doing some foolish thing. Either that, or a Ninja is sneaking behind you. I wonder which one is worse.
Eric143

Post by Eric143 »

I'm currently trying to re-do this campaign in hard mode (wesnoth 1.14.9, still). I had the same bug as before at the scenario Raging Thunder, when Argatyr dies withouth the current events triggered. I just understood why: he takes too much damage before I reach him (from the orcs and dwarves), and when I hit him with Sigdral Ansuz's magic rune, he takes again 50 damages, dying in the process, bugging the scenario. I edited the scenario so Argatyr only takes 30 damages, and it worked just fine.
If you don't hear anything behind you, then a child - or a cat - is doing some foolish thing. Either that, or a Ninja is sneaking behind you. I wonder which one is worse.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Description of the Maat'Karians:
and thought subjects -> and thaught subjects

S3
however, certain morning -> however, a certain morning

Description of Akhen (a hero):
waa -> was

Description of Mage Shakafa (a hero):
training endure by -> training endured by
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

If you're actually going to report nothing but typos and grammar errors, I will probably make quarterly patches. Seems nothing serious for a immediate patching.
and thought subjects -> and thaught subjects
Do you mean...taught? "thaught" is not a word.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: November 14th, 2022, 2:15 pm
Do you mean...taught? "thaught" is not a word.
Oops. Yep.