War of the Jewel: SP Campaign, 1.11+ (Feedback & Reviews)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sadaharu

Re: War of the Jewel: SP Campaign, 1.11+ (Feedback & Reviews)

Post by Sadaharu »

I think that those errors are to do with the campaign being imported and deprecated tile types not having been updated. You can open the scenario file with Notepad or another basic text editor, use the search function and just replace the tile type with whatever tag it's been replaced with.

I already had this type of problem with two scenarios about two years ago when the campaign was ported from BfW1.10 to 1.12.
rahoolji

Post by rahoolji »

I am not a coder and don't know where to go to even do that.
someplayer

Post by someplayer »

Re: The hidden Sigdral in WotJ-Foundation.

1) Save another version of the turn, in game, as a backup.
2) Find the save games. Mine are in Users\someplayer\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.14\saves
3) Find the turn you want to fix. I.e., "WotJ-Foundation Stone-fix_me". It'll be a GZ file.
4) Unzip the file to the local directory. I use 7-zip.
5) Open with notepad and search for "hidden=yes". There should only be 2 instances and both are connected to sigdral (you'll see "units/heroes/sigdral.png" just below the "hidden=yes" line). I believe the first one is the one that needs to be changed to "hidden=no".
6) Save the text file.
6a) Gzip the text file (probably optional).
7) Load it up and play.
someplayer

Post by someplayer »

rahoolji wrote: July 15th, 2020, 8:46 pm I am not a coder and don't know where to go to even do that.
1) In the War_of_the_Jewel/maps directory, find the "37_Forces_Of_Nature" map.
2) Open it with notepad or textedit or whatever.
3) Find the Rmp^Ms. There's only one. I just removed the "^Ms" part and saved and it loads fine.
Aj_Bj

Post by Aj_Bj »

In A Glimpse of Light scenario I keep getting an error message:
<Invalid WML found> [unstore_unit]: variable 'give_arcane_focus_res[]'doesn't exist(2)
Then it crashes
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

Aj_Bj wrote: August 22nd, 2020, 4:48 am In A Glimpse of Light scenario I keep getting an error message:
<Invalid WML found> [unstore_unit]: variable 'give_arcane_focus_res[]'doesn't exist(2)
Then it crashes
:hmm: Have you seen the previous solution thread from Zmoj?
Zmoj wrote: April 3rd, 2020, 3:01 pm I've encountered game breaking bugs in "A glimpse of the light". It's something others have already mentioned, and it happened on the newest version of WotJ on Wesnoth 1.14.4. I managed to fix these bugs by going into Notepad documents in Wesnoth folder. In add-ons folder, I opened War_of_Legends folder --> macros --> nightmare-utils and there I deleted the line that pops up during the "A glimpse of the light" scenario (the line is in the first row and reads like this: [unstore_unit] variable=give_arcane_focus_res[$i] [/unstore_unit]) and the problem was solved for that scenario. I additionally opened aberrations folder in War_of_Legends and changed the attack type to arcane instead of arcane_focus so that when you select Spiteful watcher and advancement branch units you don't get that weird result next to their arcane focus attack.
Sorry for my english, I'm not english native.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
Aj_Bj

Post by Aj_Bj »

When I go into the macros folder, the nightmare utils is a .cfg file. Not sure how to open it, or is the folder somewhere else?
someplayer

Post by someplayer »

Aj_Bj wrote: August 22nd, 2020, 8:20 am When I go into the macros folder, the nightmare utils is a .cfg file. Not sure how to open it, or is the folder somewhere else?
It's a text file. Open it with Notepad, vi, textedit, etc.
ohforf271828

Post by ohforf271828 »

Kudos 👍 to Zmoj for the workaround for the bugged 23_A_Glimpse_Of_The_Light scenario. I'd like to add:
If you change the Spiteful watcher's second attack from arcane_focus to arcane, you should do so for the two upgrades as well, Scornful watcher and Inquisitor.
If you manage to finish the scenario in spite of the bugs and crash on the next one - here's what I did (before reading this thread):
I was lucky and had uncompressed saves - otherwise uncompress first. I would guess no need to recompress - or change the preference just for that load. Take the pre-turn-1 save of the next scenario (any later and it's too much hassle to find the correct portions, as the game will have two copies of the cancerous stuff with healthy stuff in between that would need preserving) - that is, open 'WotJ-The Fires of Shray Tahl' in a good text editor. nqq failed, gedit failed, leafpad worked. Locate the first occurrence of [give_arcane_focus_res] and the last one of [/give_arcane_focus_res] and delete these lines and everything in between. Use find for the first, and the second is near the end of the file. Save, file will shrink to 5% of previous size. Reload, presto.
Fabrizio

Post by Fabrizio »

First post here on the forum, tried looking for this error and found something similar for another map, but not for this one: "WotJ-Forces of Nature.gz":

The game map could not be loaded: Unknown tile in map: (Rmp^Ms) 'Rmp^Ms'

WotJ-The Master of Four Lights replay.gz is available
On opening WotJ-Forces of Nature.gz the above error is shown.

I tried ungzipping the file and have a look myself but I can't find anything relevant

System info:
$ neofetch
fab-user@fab-manjaro
--------------------
Host: Predator G9-793 V1.13
Kernel: 5.4.85-1-MANJARO
Uptime: 2 days, 50 mins
Packages: 1407 (pacman)
Shell: bash 5.1.0
Resolution: 1920x1080
DE: Plasma
WM: KWin
WM Theme: Breeze
Theme: [Plasma], Breath [GTK2/3]
Plasma], breath2 [GTK2/3]
Terminal: konsole
Terminal Font: Envy Code R 8
CPU: Intel i7-7700HQ (8) @ 3.800GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Mobile
Memory: 9437MiB / 15954MiB

$ uname --all
Linux fab-manjaro 5.4.85-1-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Dec 21 21:38:53 UTC 2020 x86_64 GNU/Linux

$ wesnoth --version
Battle for Wesnoth v1.14.14
Started on Sat Jan 9 16:59:52 2021

Battle for Wesnoth 1.14.14

Library versions:
Boost: 1.75
OpenSSL/libcrypto: 1.1.1i (runtime 1.1.1i)
Cairo: 1.17.4 (runtime 1.17.4)
Pango: 1.48.0 (runtime 1.48.0)
SDL: 2.0.12 (runtime 2.0.12)
SDL_image: 2.0.5 (runtime 2.0.5)
SDL_mixer: 2.0.4 (runtime 2.0.4)
SDL_ttf: 2.0.15 (runtime 2.0.15)

Optional features:
JPEG screenshots: yes
Lua console completion: yes
Legacy bidirectional rendering: yes
D-Bus notifications back end: yes

All add-ons updated to latest version, problem remains.

the savefile is 200MB uncompresssed so sending that might be problematic, but the gz is 9.4MB.

Additional info:
This trilogy rocks! Thanks for allowing me to play it to the end! :-)
rahoolji

Post by rahoolji »

someplayer wrote: August 16th, 2020, 5:27 pm
rahoolji wrote: July 15th, 2020, 8:46 pm I am not a coder and don't know where to go to even do that.
3) Find the Rmp^Ms. There's only one. I just removed the "^Ms" part and saved and it loads fine.

Would you believe that it now says cannot open the map is not a rectangle. What does that mean?
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

rahoolji wrote: January 13th, 2021, 12:47 am
someplayer wrote: August 16th, 2020, 5:27 pm

Would you believe that it now says cannot open the map is not a rectangle. What does that mean?
My best guess is that you removed the full 'Rmp^Ms' instead of just the '^Ms' part. Or you accidentally deleted another tile when removing the '^Ms'.
shaggydoc

Post by shaggydoc »

Playing WotJ, love it, on iPad, currently on Foundation and sigdral is invisible. Don’t know how to get her back.

2 questions-does she show back up next scenario w this bug? And is there a way to do the fix on iOS?
RockerMan

Post by RockerMan »

ohforf271828 wrote: December 5th, 2020, 5:05 pm Kudos 👍 to Zmoj for the workaround for the bugged 23_A_Glimpse_Of_The_Light scenario. I'd like to add:
If you change the Spiteful watcher's second attack from arcane_focus to arcane, you should do so for the two upgrades as well, Scornful watcher and Inquisitor.
If you manage to finish the scenario in spite of the bugs and crash on the next one - here's what I did (before reading this thread):
I was lucky and had uncompressed saves - otherwise uncompress first. I would guess no need to recompress - or change the preference just for that load. Take the pre-turn-1 save of the next scenario (any later and it's too much hassle to find the correct portions, as the game will have two copies of the cancerous stuff with healthy stuff in between that would need preserving) - that is, open 'WotJ-The Fires of Shray Tahl' in a good text editor. nqq failed, gedit failed, leafpad worked. Locate the first occurrence of [give_arcane_focus_res] and the last one of [/give_arcane_focus_res] and delete these lines and everything in between. Use find for the first, and the second is near the end of the file. Save, file will shrink to 5% of previous size. Reload, presto.
This worked beautifully. Eliminated huge delay in turn start and save times. I would add that there is about 4.7 million lines of code before deleting so be patient and wait for leafpad to load it all because you have to get all of it. Thanks!
shaggydoc

Post by shaggydoc »

I'm stuck now on the 'glimpse of light' crash. I'm on iPad version, don't know how to access the macro to change it on this version-can anyone help me with this? Or since its the iOS version am I stuck with it, and should just move on to Aria of the Dragonslayer? How many scenarios are left after Glimpse of Light?