War of the Jewel: SP Campaign, 1.11+ (Feedback & Reviews)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Zmoj

Re: War of the Jewel: SP Campaign, 1.11+ (Feedback & Reviews

Post by Zmoj »

I have experienced an error after Crimson ice part II scenario, it ends well and while loading next scenario Dark Eclipse I get an error saying that unit Lord Lich is unknown and scenario quits. Any tips on how to solve this?
braknor

Post by braknor »

Hi,

have been enjoying the game so far. However, in scenario "crimson ice part II" an error occurs:

Code: Select all

error scripting/lua: /usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.12/data/lua/wml-tags.lua:157: bad argument #1 to 'add_known_unit' (unknown unit type: 'Death Squire')
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'add_known_unit'
	/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.12/data/lua/wml-tags.lua:157: in function 'cmd'
	/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.12/data/lua/wml-tags.lua:320: in function 'handle_event_commands'
	/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.12/data/lua/wml-tags.lua:335: in function 'if_while_handler'
	/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.12/data/lua/wml-tags.lua:341: in function 'cmd'
	/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.12/data/lua/wml-tags.lua:320: in function </usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.12/data/lua/wml-tags.lua:284>

This error occurs shortly after Nyx overhears the discussion about the portal. It seems that the unit "Death Squire" is unkown. How do I add it?
XxChronOblivionxX

Post by XxChronOblivionxX »

For anyone interested, I have just begun a full Youtube Let's Play of the entire Dragon Trilogy, starting with Song of Fire. Seemed as good a way as any to reboot my old LP channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01XZlhdtNE

I intend to go through the entire [censored] series on Normal, keeping track of my failures but only showing the successful missions. Comment on the videos to request a named soldier, including what name you want.
TripleSnail

Post by TripleSnail »

Hello,

I really enjoyed The Dragon Trilogy's story. In fact, the story is my all time favorite! War of the Jewel is my favorite.. I just love all the characters. (I wrote a review for A Song of Fire for fun, but it's not here on the forum)

Anyways, I started playing this campaign again on insane difficulty, and noticed one serious bug:

On the level 10, the main enemy has 8000 gold! I looked inside the WML file and noticed this: {GOLD 700 750 8000} . It looks like there is one extra zero.

I also noticed that the word 'experience' was used where 'experiment' would have been more correct. In Prologue III, there were couple of lines:
Spoiler:
And I too encountered the same error that braknor reported. Fortunately, it doesn't crash the game.

I think the huge battles were problem in the A Song of Fire. Since there were lots of drakes, and they could do so much damage and move so quickly, you had to be REALLY careful.
Spoiler:
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Hello everyone! Did you think I had forgotten about my other campaigns (other than Aria of the Dragon-Slayer, that is)? :P
So, you see, I'll be starting my long overdue replay of War of the Jewel, to correct the bugs found by you all in these last months, but I've decided to release a new version, 1.0.0, with some bugs that were easier to correct - mainly the ones related to obsolete unit id's from the War of Legends era.
I suppose I've explained this in another post or thread, but I think I owe you all an explanation on why I haven't uploaded many new versions these last months. I've started working as a teacher, and planning classes alone takes much of my time and concentration; on top of that, I'm in my undergrad course's last semester, with tons of stuff to read and write - and on top of all these things, I'm writing a trilogy of books which, unlike past stories of mine, I really intend to publish :)
This doesn't mean I've abandoned my Wesnoth campaigns; I started doing them as an exercise in writing (A Song of Fire was the first story I ever publish to a wider public, as my stories up till then had only been read by my parents), but I really took a liking to the story of Myra and her people, and then the stories of Addraryn, Akhen and Tenma. However, in those times I was just studying, and now I have to answer RL's call and organize my priorities better - and, with my job, my undergraduation and my books, Wesnoth has lost much priority.
Even so, I'm definitely not abandoning any of my campaigns in the foreseeable future. I apologize to all those whose plays were troubled by bugs and who had no response from me; I'll understand if you've gotten sick of waiting for new updates and abandoned the Dragon Trilogy altogether, but if you haven't, I ask your comprehension, and promise not to abandon you (even if I take a little while to answer ;) )
That said, here goes the provisory changelog for version 1.0.0:

Version 1.0.0

- Scenarios
   - Waters of Light: Corrected erroneous 8000 gold to enemy side

- Units
   - Corrected obsolete id for War of Legends' units (NOT YET COMPLETED)
TripleSnail wrote:
I really enjoyed The Dragon Trilogy's story. In fact, the story is my all time favorite! War of the Jewel is my favorite.. I just love all the characters. (I wrote a review for A Song of Fire for fun, but it's not here on the forum)
I'm really glad you've enjoyed it ^_^ Also, thanks for pointing out the bad wording, I usually get too carried away in my own writing to notice every little detail, and so I sometimes get the wrong word :doh: And please, do tell me where you wrote your review, I love reading what people think of my stories (be it a positive or a negative comment :P )
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
TripleSnail

Post by TripleSnail »

As I have progressed, I've noticed a couple of new issues:

In Burning Ice:
  • Spoiler:
  • Spoiler:
I've started working as a teacher
Nice. What are you teaching?
I'm writing a trilogy of books which, unlike past stories of mine, I really intend to publish
Whoa! Good to hear! Ever since I finished the Dragon Trilogy, I've thought that you should write & publish something :). Just wondering, is this trilogy related in any way to the Dragon Trilogy?
I'm really glad you've enjoyed it ^_^ Also, thanks for pointing out the bad wording, I usually get too carried away in my own writing to notice every little detail, and so I sometimes get the wrong word :doh: And please, do tell me where you wrote your review, I love reading what people think of my stories (be it a positive or a negative comment :P )
The wordings have been very good, usually. Song of Fire seemed flawless in that regard.
I'll be glad to share the review, just a little bit later. I think I'll complete the War of the Jewel first (while handling the RL of course).
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

In Burning Ice
Oh, I always straight away recruited lvl 1 elementals, that's why I never noticed it before :P I'll make sure to correct it for the next release.
Nice. What are you teaching?
I'm an English teacher (that is, English as second language). That's one reason I ask players to point out grammar mistakes, sometimes I commit them as I write too fast, but I can't have too many of them in my writings :P
Whoa! Good to hear! Ever since I finished the Dragon Trilogy, I've thought that you should write & publish something :). Just wondering, is this trilogy related in any way to the Dragon Trilogy?
It's a sci-fi adventure/mystery, actually; I thought I could use a little break from my fantasy roots to explore other genres ^_^

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
Sudipta

Post by Sudipta »

In the scenario A Glimpse of the Light, the light spirit line of celestials has no sprites. The only way to notice them is by their illumination aura, but its not possible to know their levels without clicking them. I am attaching a screenshot of this -

And boy, this scenario is tough... The huge number of strange enemies and their weird abilities combined with the slow movement underground make it quite a challenge. In my first attempt i split my forces and went both south and east but met with powerful resistance and was forced to restart. Now, i am keeping my whole army together and moving them south slowly, hoping the two enemy armies will destroy each other.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
Playing Wesnoth since 2010, still there is so much left to play
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

So, it took me less than I actually thought, but I've just uploaded the latest update on this campaign - version 1.0.1 :D
Sudipta, this bug you've mentioned has been corrected in this version too ;)

Changelog for version 1.0.1:

Version 1.0.1

- Scenarios
   - Prologue I: Players now have an option to skip the Prologue scenarios
   - Waters of Light: Akhen must now stay idle only 1 turn in order to arcanize the waters.
   - Immortal Fire: Corrected missing Demilich/Deathmaster units bug
   - Ancient Fire: slight changes to map
   - The Windy Plains: removed 'dehydration' effect
   - The Fires of Shray Tahl: decreased turn limit
   - Crimson Earth: added bonus for leaving enemy leaders (except for Suryen) alive.

- Units
   - Changed Sigdral's defence on villages and castles
   - Increased Maat'Karian Watch Tower's HP and resistances
   - Added Regenerate ability to Sadjet; changes to her resistances
   - Corrected Light Spirit line's missing sprites

- Miscelanea
   - Corrections and slight changes to dialogues and text

- Artwork
   - Changes to Medjay portrait

;-)
derluna

Post by derluna »

I have progressed to the quest: sea of fire.

I noticed that: I cannot recall elements.
I recruited wisps and leveled them up into other elements.
And go through another quest, they just vanished.

However, I can recall units of Maat'Karian without problem.

Is this a bug or your intended design?
Well, it's not a big deal without elements,
but I really like using ethereal orbs, since I don't have healers at first.....
BTW, the version is 1.0.1, while the wesnoth version is 1.12.2
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

derluna wrote:I have progressed to the quest: sea of fire.

Did you try recruiting the elementals with Atenak? Because she can only recruit/recall Maat'Karians; it's Akhen who can recruit/recall elementals.

;-)
derluna

Post by derluna »

revansurik wrote:
derluna wrote:I have progressed to the quest: sea of fire.

Did you try recruiting the elementals with Atenak? Because she can only recruit/recall Maat'Karians; it's Akhen who can recruit/recall elementals.
I see,
I can recall elements by Atenak, thank you.
TripleSnail

Post by TripleSnail »

The scenario Ancient Fire does NOT list a death of an allied leader as a defeat condition. And I thought I was winning :lol:
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

TripleSnail wrote:The scenario Ancient Fire does NOT list a death of an allied leader as a defeat condition. And I thought I was winning :lol:
Ooops, my bad :doh:

;-)
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

Hi, I lost my old computer, and therefore I lost my savegame. Can please any of you give me savegame after
Spoiler:
thanks a lot, I want to know how it s gonna end...