Antar, Son of Rheor [Development Thread]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

EarthCake

Re: Antar, Son of Rheor [Development Thread]

Post by EarthCake »

Adamant14 wrote: June 24th, 2019, 5:51 pm
EarthCake wrote: June 24th, 2019, 12:03 pm Don't let em reach the cave -> cave.
What is wrong here? A fullstop instead of the exclamation mark?
You forgot to put "."
EarthCake wrote: June 24th, 2019, 12:03 pm Gelphrad is enhanced with energy, and he can attack again and again like a berserk. Somehow that doesn't work if Dagor isn't next to him.
If Dagor is not there to heal him, then Gelphrad will die when he attacks the Crystal like a Berserker. Do you still think it is a good idea to change that? :hmm:
No, of course not, I just didn't get that from the dialogue.
EarthCake wrote: June 24th, 2019, 12:03 pm It seems like Gomdring can recruit limited amount of steelclads, and then lose them in the recruit list, and they later appear.
Are you sure about that? How you have noticed that?
Gomdring is allowed to recall units from his previous scenarios, maybe he just recalled from his recall-list?
Yes, I am sure. I took the option to control Gomdring's side myself. Here are the screenshots:
Firt with all recruits.png
Without recruits.png
EDIT: In "The Crystal", if I recruit with Antar before I get into the cave, that units I recruited / recalled are not carried into the cave, and when I finish Antar's turn, they appear as an enemy of the elves and the dwarves.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Adamant14 wrote: June 24th, 2019, 5:51 pm He advances two times up to White Mage, but the second time with better stats, and illumination.
Ruffian > Initiate > Mage > White Mage > White Mage > Mage of Light
You could call the second White Mage a different name. Maybe Skilled/Experienced White Mage?
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

EarthCake wrote: June 24th, 2019, 7:30 pm
EarthCake wrote: June 24th, 2019, 12:03 pm It seems like Gomdring can recruit limited amount of steelclads, and then lose them in the recruit list, and they later appear.
Are you sure about that? How you have noticed that?
Gomdring is allowed to recall units from his previous scenarios, maybe he just recalled from his recall-list?
Yes, I am sure. I took the option to control Gomdring's side myself.
Now I get it.
Yes you are right. I forgot that now even the player himself can play the dwarves. I recently added this option. The option that the player may choose, whether the dwarves are played by the AI, or by the player himself, is brand new. Therefore, it may be that the dwarfs are not perfectly balanced, and even with the limited unit types must be refined a bit.

EarthCake wrote: June 24th, 2019, 7:30 pm In "The Crystal", if I recruit with Antar before I get into the cave, that units I recruited/recalled are not carried into the cave, and when I finish Antar's turn, they appear as an enemy of the elves and the dwarves.
Oh, that the player could recruiting, or recalling from outside the cave, I have not gotten that idea yet. Thank you for pointing that out to me. Do I have to make it more clear, that there is a possibility inside the cave, where Antar can recruit/recall?

Maybe it will be the best to remove from Antar the opportunity to recruit/recall outside the cave.

That they then are enemies of the Elves and Dwarves has to do with how the code is written. Seems strange, but has good reasons.

Konrad2 wrote: June 24th, 2019, 7:55 pm
Adamant14 wrote: June 24th, 2019, 5:51 pm He advances two times up to White Mage, but the second time with better stats, and illumination.
Ruffian > Initiate > Mage > White Mage > White Mage > Mage of Light
You could call the second White Mage a different name. Maybe Skilled/Experienced White Mage?
But of course, strange that nobody has suggested that so far. And also strange that I never had that thought by myself.

What about Bright Mage?
Or Illuminated Mage?
Enlighted Mage?
What do you prefer, Skilled White Mage, or Experienced White Mage?

@ all who support this campaign here
That's why I'm so grateful to you, you find all the little mistakes and inconsistencies that I always overlook. Thanks to you, this campaign is getting better and better. Thank you. :D
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

Adamant14 wrote: June 25th, 2019, 5:37 pm
EarthCake wrote: June 24th, 2019, 7:30 pm In "The Crystal", if I recruit with Antar before I get into the cave, that units I recruited/recalled are not carried into the cave, and when I finish Antar's turn, they appear as an enemy of the elves and the dwarves.
Oh, that the player could recruiting, or recalling from outside the cave, I have not gotten that idea yet. Thank you for pointing that out to me. Do I have to make it more clear, that there is a possibility inside the cave, where Antar can recruit/recall?

Maybe it will be the best to remove from Antar the opportunity to recruit/recall outside the cave.

That they then are enemies of the Elves and Dwarves has to do with how the code is written. Seems strange, but has good reasons.
I have tried that just for fun, but I initially thought that if I leave some units like paladins that they would help against both undead and orcs. Maybe removing the second keep would remove the confusion.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

I'd say Skilled White Mage. Being experienced generally indicates skill, but it does not ensure it.

Or Practised White Mage?
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

In the save for turn 4, check out the champion (recalled turn 3). He's just been attacked and hit by at least one ghoul with a poison attack. I saw the poison. Then he healed.

I tried a different unit and a different tile and they still cure. Later in the scenario I'll get poisoned and not auto-cure. Is the castle magic? Is it supposed to be?

Since I'm posting anyway ...

S3: fully developed > fully develop

S7: ancient and old ?

S8: Antar don't reach > Antar doesn't reach

wizzards > wizards

S9: to much units > too many units

here a warning > hear a warning

S10: be very carefully > be very careful
Attachments
ASoR-The Dungeon-Auto-Save3.gz
(87.53 KiB) Downloaded 329 times
ASoR-The Dungeon-Auto-Save4.gz
(89.89 KiB) Downloaded 336 times
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

white_haired_uncle wrote: June 28th, 2019, 7:53 pm In the save for turn 4, check out the champion (recalled turn 3). He's just been attacked and hit by at least one ghoul with a poison attack. I saw the poison. Then he healed.

I tried a different unit and a different tile and they still cure. Later in the scenario I'll get poisoned and not auto-cure. Is the castle magic? Is it supposed to be?
The setting of the castle titles was set to heal onto +4, so you are right, the castle heals. But that was not intended, and I wonder why I never noticed that, and why nobody else did?
I've been thinking for a moment about leaving it that way, as a 'magic' feature, but I think I'll change it better.

Thank you for noticing that, and thank you for noticing the spelling mistakes too.
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
white_haired_uncle

Attack the crystal with Gelphrad using the light beam attack. You'll get a message which only applies (during this turn) if you use the staff.

Dagor will soon say "takes damaged"

Then the crystal will say "I can't". Based on context, I think that's supposed to be Gelphrad speaking.

BTW, the epilogue sounds like the set up for a sequel. Will we be seeing Gelphrad again, and if so will he be the hero or the enemy?
Attachments
ASoR-The Crystal-Auto-Save36.gz
(263.63 KiB) Downloaded 374 times
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

white_haired_uncle wrote: June 29th, 2019, 4:51 pm Then the crystal will say "I can't". Based on context, I think that's supposed to be Gelphrad speaking.
Gelprad speaks a line: "The Crystal... I can't.."

Maybe the fact that this sentence begins with "The Crystal", seems like that the crystal is the speaker?
For me, Gelphrad is the one who speaks that line, not the crystal. :hmm:
AHoppe

Post by AHoppe »

Adamant14 wrote: June 24th, 2019, 5:51 pm That is not intended. Recently I tested out some different code on this scenario, and it seems I was sloppy, and have messed up the scenario.
That has caused the last bug you have reported, and that bug too.

Thank you for noticing, fixed

PS. Do you think it would be a benefit for the fun of playing the scenario, when the Undead start their attack earlier, lets say, after the first Orc is defeated?
I think, it would be cool the undead begin to attack when the first orc leader is killed, because it is a little bit easy when you can kill two orc leaders and then the undead attack.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

The add-on icon shows up as 'image not found' on the add-on server website and there is no add-on icon shown in the add-on manager as well, unless you have already installed the campaign.
This is true for both 1.14 and 1.15.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

Konrad2 wrote: October 26th, 2019, 10:51 pm The add-on icon shows up as 'image not found' on the add-on server website ...
Thank you for noticing. Fixed.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

ASoS.jpg
ASoS.jpg (55.69 KiB) Viewed 2700 times
After I've accidentally realized that there is a series on Netflix, that has a title similar to the title of my little campaign, I wonder if I shouldn't change the title of my campaign, to make it clear that it has nothing to do with this Netflix series.

What would be a good new title for my campaign?

Maybe it is enough to rename only the main character Antar?

Any suggestions?
white_haired_uncle

Your campaign came first.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

a) I don't have Netflix
b) I never would have found out in any case if it weren't for you posting it here, so let it be.

Wesnoth is free software, so if a campaign can be called ‘Bad Moon Rising’ then anything goes.