Custom Campaign 2.2.0 for Wesnoth 1.17/1.18

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

max_405

Re: Custom Campaign 2.0.7 for Wesnoth 1.14

Post by max_405 »

SigurdFireDragon wrote: December 29th, 2018, 4:40 pm
max_405 wrote: December 28th, 2018, 8:45 pm Im experiencing a problem with one of my factions, when i try to recall it tells me "you currently cant recall on the highlighted location" even though my leader is in the keep.
the faction i try to recall with is a faction the AI used as my ally, and then after we won the scenario, i was unable to recall any surviving units, the leader is about to level up too, and i tried adding another leader to see i the problem was with that leader in especific. also, something to note is that formerly that faction had a second leader that could recruit some unique solders, of which none survived the scenario.
Welcome to the forums. :)

I'll need more information for me to figure out what's going on.
What would be most helpful is to launch the 1p - Custom Campaign Scenario, select the faction that you are having problems with, and then make a save and either pm it to me or post it here. Along with that, the names of the leader units in question so I can more easily find what I'm looking for in the save file.
ok, The Names of the Guys are Modoc and an elf Hero called Fithian.
Attachments
Modoc Trouble.gz
(98.68 KiB) Downloaded 473 times
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Re: Custom Campaign 2.0.7 for Wesnoth 1.14

Post by SigurdFireDragon »

Thanks for posting the file, I've figured out the problem. I just need to figure out a fix.

Hopefully, I'll have an updated version out on Wednesday or Thursday.
Co-Author of Winds of Fate
My Add-ons: Random Campaign, Custom Campaign, Ultimate Random Maps, Era of Legends, Gui Debug Tools
Erfworld: The comic that lead me to find Wesnoth.
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Re: Custom Campaign 2.0.8 for Wesnoth 1.14

Version 2.0.8 is up

Changes:
Fixed 'leaders unable to recall when their recruit list is empty' bug.

This was due to an empty string ending up in the type_adv_tree key in filter recall.

To fix leaders unable to recall with an empty recruit list:
1. Load the faction containing the leader you want to fix in the Custom Campaign Scenario.
2. Select the leader's recruit to edit and leave it blank using version 2.0.8 or greater of CC.
2b. You may have to select a different recruit after selecting the leader in question.
3. Save your faction.

Thanks for the report max_405
My Add-ons: Random Campaign, Custom Campaign, Ultimate Random Maps, Era of Legends, Gui Debug Tools
max_405

Post by max_405 »

no probs m8.
Also i have a little question, could startting with too many units (heros/leaders) cause a bug? (by too many i mean like 5-8)
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

max_405 wrote: January 3rd, 2019, 10:43 pm could startting with too many units (heros/leaders) cause a bug? (by too many i mean like 5-8)
Having 5-10 starting units should work. No limit was intended. (Other than when the player gives up on designating more starting units, or the map is full. :lol: )
FortTell

Post by FortTell »

Not sure whether this report should go to Random Campaign or Custom Campaign, but I was playing Random Campaign with Switch Leader mod active and switched the leader on one of the maps. Upon starting the next map, I instantly lost because the old leader was spawned on the keep, not the new one.

Probably not worth fixing on your end, just information that RC/CC and Switch Leader have compatibility issues.
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

FortTell wrote: March 17th, 2019, 4:13 pm Not sure whether this report should go to Random Campaign or Custom Campaign, but I was playing Random Campaign with Switch Leader mod active and switched the leader on one of the maps. Upon starting the next map, I instantly lost because the old leader was spawned on the keep, not the new one.
Noted. Not sure when I would get to it, but I'll at least see what I can do with it when I port CC & RC to 1.15.0 BfW when it is released.
ArcdeSeel

Post by ArcdeSeel »

I actually can edit the persist file pretty easily, but a useful feature would be to set the recall cost of a unit.
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

ArcdeSeel wrote: April 1st, 2019, 3:42 am I actually can edit the persist file pretty easily, but a useful feature would be to set the recall cost of a unit.
Maybe? I did drop some features from the 1.x version, so as to have a better focus on the core functionality and for code simplicity. When I get to working on this again, I'll see if it fits/makes sense or if it's something that should be in a separate mod
casterhald

Post by casterhald »

I just wanted to post a quick thank you to SigurdFireDragon for the Custom Campaign that he designed. It is pure and simple genius. Wesnoth is a better game because of your contributions.

Thanks!
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

You're welcome. :)
Thanks for the comments.
wesnothPrince

Post by wesnothPrince »

Hi everyone,

My 9 year old son had me install the Custom Campaign add-on, and isn't sure how to use it. I helped him through to complete campaigns where we now have some nice strong characters, but he cannot recall any of them if he starts a new campaign. Taking a quick look through your forum I thought there might be a Custom Campaign but didn't see that in the Campaign list either. I didn't see anything in the Modifications list (aside from the Double HP add-on).

If anybody can let us know what we are doing wrong, or point us in the right direction to use this add-on, that would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

wesnothPrince wrote: July 14th, 2020, 3:19 pm Hi everyone,

My 9 year old son had me install the Custom Campaign add-on, and isn't sure how to use it. I helped him through to complete campaigns where we now have some nice strong characters, but he cannot recall any of them if he starts a new campaign. Taking a quick look through your forum I thought there might be a Custom Campaign but didn't see that in the Campaign list either. I didn't see anything in the Modifications list (aside from the Double HP add-on).

If anybody can let us know what we are doing wrong, or point us in the right direction to use this add-on, that would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
There's not enough detail to be sure, but at first glance, it sounds like you're trying to use Custom Campaign with the SP campaigns. It's solely an MP side mod, with the main use of carrying your recall list from one mp scenario to another.
wesnothPrince

Post by wesnothPrince »

Hi SigurdFireDragon,

Thank you for your response! That is exactly what is happening. I don't really like letting him play by himself on the multiplayer games, so I encourage him to play the SP campaigns. Do you know if there is a mod for recalling characters for the SP games? Thanks again for your assistance!
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

wesnothPrince wrote: July 16th, 2020, 11:54 pm Thank you for your response! That is exactly what is happening. I don't really like letting him play by himself on the multiplayer games, so I encourage him to play the SP campaigns. Do you know if there is a mod for recalling characters for the SP games? Thanks again for your assistance!
You can use Custom Campaign to play mp maps as 1p vs ai in a local game so you can recall units between scenarios that way, which was my original reason for writing it.

I'm not aware of a mod for recalling characters in SP games. The reason I never wrote such a thing (or added that functionality to Custom Campaign) is that most of the characters people would want to recall from an sp campaign are based on units specific to that campaign. So they wouldn't load in a different campaign. For units not campaign-specific, you can use debug mode's create unit to add similar units to your current campaign.