Undead Campaign: Danse Macabre

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: Undead Campaign: Danse Macabre

Post by Konrad2 »

Vampire (unit)
Vampire (especially elder one) is King...into fog and bat. -> Any Vampire (especially an Elder Vampire) is a King...into fog or a bat.
LienRag

Post by LienRag »

James_The_Invisible wrote: August 13th, 2018, 6:58 pm (Definite) fix for the issue with the gateman not losing power after destroying both keeps will be in next released version. In the meantime, you can try destroying them in reversed order.
However I have no idea why he is able to move. I will look into it.
I just played this scenario (on the snap package of Wesnoth 1.15) and the gatekeeper loses power after the two keeps are destroyed (he regenerates 15 instead of 20 and doesn't Darken anymore) but he still has maximum resistance, so there is basically no way to kill him as it would require to constantly do more than 15 succesful attacks on him per turn.
Considering that I don't have six units able to attack 5 times or more (I have the main heroes at five attacks per turn, but they get damaged and have to heal sometimes) it's very hard to consistently damage him.
Is that a bug or a feature ?
LienRag

Post by LienRag »

Oh, destroying the keep in reversed order worked.
Hjalte

Post by Hjalte »

i cant beat the second to last level with the lich alliance do you have a suggestion for how to beat it
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

I also can't beat Day of the dead

How i am supposed to beat five enemies which have 4x more gold 2x more units levels 3,2. More then 100gold income together which allow them recruiting constantly new units.
elDanex120

Post by elDanex120 »

James_The_Invisible wrote: May 23rd, 2018, 3:54 pm Uhm, are you talking about sprites? I know that some level 0 and 1 zombies have got new sprites during 1.13. Updating the custom higher level ones is on to-do list (but I will probably just ask in Art Workshop section, I am terrible at art myself).
If it is something else, can you elaborate?
James, you can port this campaing in wesnoth 1.16?
LienRag

Post by LienRag »

Rendy55 wrote: October 4th, 2021, 5:34 pm How i am supposed to beat five enemies which have 4x more gold 2x more units levels 3,2. More then 100gold income together which allow them recruiting constantly new units.
With tactical and strategic skill ?

(TBH, I didn't : I won through a lot of save-reload and because on the earlier scenario with no time limit, I farmed gold and XP and upgraded my Necrophages to more than 300 HP; but I've read replays that show some people succeeded - it's a quite hard scenario, but it's doable)
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Rendy55 wrote: October 4th, 2021, 5:34 pm I also can't beat Day of the dead

How i am supposed to beat five enemies which have 4x more gold 2x more units levels 3,2. More then 100gold income together which allow them recruiting constantly new units.
FTR, it would be doable if not for the turn limit.
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

Konrad2 wrote: July 19th, 2022, 7:02 pm
Rendy55 wrote: October 4th, 2021, 5:34 pm I also can't beat Day of the dead

FTR, it would be doable if not for the turn limit.
You did it?
Rextar34

Post by Rextar34 »

i want to ask, where can i download the the danse macabre campaign? i tried to search it in the add on download page but couldnt found it
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

Rextar34 wrote: January 23rd, 2024, 4:57 pm i want to ask, where can i download the the danse macabre campaign? i tried to search it in the add on download page but couldnt found it
It looks like it was never ported to Wesnoth 1.16, so you will need to run Wesnoth 1.14 to play it.

https://addons.wesnoth.org/1.14/
James_The_Invisible

Post by James_The_Invisible »

Yes, that is unfortunately correct, I did not get to port this campaign for Wesnoth 1.16 (actually there are still some issues on 1.14 that I want to look into). I am sorry for the inconvenience.