Undead Campaign: Danse Macabre

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

SSDP

Re: Undead Campaign: Danse Macabre

Post by SSDP »

Hey there. Thanks for taking the time to maintain this campaign. I just started scenario 3 and got some error messages on load.

BfW 1.12 on windows XP.

20141206 21:53:30 error audio: Could not load sound file 'wolf-bite-miss.ogg'.
20141206 21:53:30 error audio: Could not load sound file 'wolf-hit.wav'.
20141206 21:53:32 error audio: Could not load sound file 'wolf-bite.ogg'.
20141206 22:36:42 error display: could not open image 'story/s3.jpg'
Invalid WML found: The key 'protect_leader' is deprecated and support will be removed in version 1.13.0. (2)
Invalid WML found: The key 'protect_leader_radius' is deprecated and support will be removed in version 1.13.0. (2)
Invalid WML found: The key 'protect_unit' is deprecated and support will be removed in version 1.13.0. (2)
Invalid WML found: The key 'target' is deprecated and support will be removed in version 1.13.0. (3)
Attachments
wuriDM-The_Shadow_over_the_Battlefield.gz
(28.05 KiB) Downloaded 605 times
James_The_Invisible

Post by James_The_Invisible »

Thanks you for the report. I fixed all these errors.
James_The_Invisible

New version is on the add-ons server. I ran wmllint and wmlindent on this campaign and fixed all issues pointed out by them though only 2 of them are worth mentioning. Firstly, I corrected special notes of many unit types (in almost all cases something was missing). The second one was actually kind of a bug: in scenario 3 (The Shadow over the Battlefield) when you killed an enemy leader, ALL sided got 80 gold, not just side 1. It is fixed now.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

On 1.12.1, I've got a huge problem: after updating the add-on, the game doesn't recognize the add-on anymore: i get an error saying there's a problem in the main.cfg when i try to load a precedent game. I thought it might be a problem of compatibility between versions, so I tried to restart from the beginning, and I get the "Unknown scenario" error right for the first scenario. I didn't write down the first error though, sorry.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
James_The_Invisible

Oh my, that was one crazy bug. I will not go into details, just say that the campaign starts again. I am really sorry about it. Thank you for the report, Raijer.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Thanks a lot, that worked perfectly. Now in "Vengeance is mine", i get "<Invalid WML found> [draw] is not supported".

William Ernest Henley
James_The_Invisible

Hmm, I believe that it was supposed to be [redraw] so I replaced all its instances with this. Thanks.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Now in "The magic Mountain", i get "<Invalid WML found> [delay] missing required time=attribute". Does that mean i'm supposed to get more turns after ?

William Ernest Henley
James_The_Invisible

No, [delay] pauses the game for specified time (in milliseconds). I fixed it on my computer but will upload it later as it is a really small thing. It the meantime, you can replace name with time on line 493 in the scenario file (scenarios/12_the_magic_mountain.cfg) Edit: uploaded as version 1.1.2c.
James_The_Invisible

Version 1.2 is out. Advancement from Revenant to Death Knight is now done via extra_defines, not custom unit type. This means that if you got some Death Knight, your save files will no longer work. You will have to replace all occurrences of Death Knight DM with Death Knight. Also I replaced all events ai turn with side x turn (as the former break replays).
marat

Post by marat »

I wish a good time.

Russian translation of campaign is ready. (100%)
Attachments
wesnoth-Danse_Macabre.7z
.MO+.PO
(60.53 KiB) Downloaded 492 times
James_The_Invisible

Thank you, marat, your translation is included in new version 1.2a. There I also replaced old variation_name with new variation_id for Walking Corpse line.
Also the add-on is now on GitHub.
James_The_Invisible

Hi. By the end of next month, I am going to release a maintenance version of this campaign. Unless a serious issue emerges or there are updates on translations, it will be the last release for Wesnoth 1.12. What does that mean for you? Probably nothing :D . But I would like to ask this way someone who speaks Japanese to update the translation (it is quite old). There should not be so many changes (I actually removed all strings which are used in mainline) and just a few really new strings. Japanese .po file and current template for translations can be found in the GitHub repository.
Last edited by James_The_Invisible on January 19th, 2017, 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
tamanegi

Post by tamanegi »

Many Japanese players really appreciate your efforts on porting this campaign to 1.12.x. :D

We, japanese team (RatArmy, me, and many others), will soon update translation.
Thank you for your kind announcement and guidance. ;)
Discord: @tamanegi
It is true that we cannot be free from bugs, but at least let our bugs not always the same...
A Group in a War: my first campaign, An Independence War: and the sequel
James_The_Invisible

Great, thank you :) .
Just to make things clear, my announcement does not mean that I am abandoning the campaign. But it is working fine (as far as I know) and I have no plans for balancing it (though anyone else is free to do so). That means that I do not expect more updates until Wesnoth 1.14 comes out (and the current plan is to release it at some point during this year).