1.12 SP Campaign, Fate of a Princess (& Northern Forces)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.10 SP Campaign, Fate of a Princess

Post by doofus-01 »

SkyOne wrote:Anyway, I start working to install the drake snow villages on this campaign, however, installing custom terrains is more complicated than I thought. If you have succeeded to install them as well, could you post the code on terrain-graphics.cfg? I put the drake-tile as the symbol_image on terrain.cfg, and it shows on the map editor as a FoaP custom terrain. However, only the regular plain tiles shows on the map when I try. I mean no village-overlay.
Did you also specify a [terrain_graphics], in addition to the [terrain_type]? This macro, from mainline, should work if you change the terrain code and image name (relative to a folder called "images/terrain") to whatever you are really using:

Code: Select all

{VILLAGE *^Vdy image-name}
There are other similar macros defined in core/terrain-graphics/village.cfg
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Thank you so much, doofus-01. ^_^
doofus-01 wrote:Did you also specify a [terrain_graphics], in addition to the [terrain_type]?
No, I didn't. That was the major problem.

I now put those files into the terrains folder after installing the macro you told me, then it seems that it works fine even in the game, but I will appreciate to correct me if anything are not right:
Spoiler:
Actually, I am not really sure what those numbers are yet. I am just following default drake village's ones at this moment. It seems they are percentages of how often the image shows on the map when we use the map editor, but they say "20% 20% 20% 20% 20%" on the top of the code...

EDIT: to doofus-01,
Spoiler:
Thanks
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

SkyOne wrote: now put those files into the terrains folder after installing the macro you told me, then it seems that it works fine even in the game, but I will appreciate to correct me if anything are not right:
Spoiler:
Actually, I am not really sure what those numbers are yet. I am just following default drake village's ones at this moment. It seems they are percentages of how often the image shows on the map when we use the map editor, but they say "20% 20% 20% 20% 20%" on the top of the code...
I don't think you need three terrains, since you can change the base terrain on the fly with the editor (SHIFT-click, I think), but if it works, it must be OK. Looking at the terrain-graphics.cfg, I see a "NEW:VILLAGE" macro is used, probably best to add the "NEW:" because the old VILLAGE macro might disappear in the future. The mysterious numbers are what you need to use to get 20% probability for each line, because each line only considers the leftover chance, not 100%. So
0.20*1.00=0.20
0.25*(1.00-.20)=.20
0.33*(1.00-0.40)=.20
etc.
SkyOne wrote:EDIT: to doofus-01,
Spoiler:
I'll keep it in mind, I can't promise any timeline though. Maybe you can say some more about what it should have (gold sword, pink scrunchy, etc.)? Don't worry about $.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Simons Mith

Post by Simons Mith »

Some quick responses from the Campaign Editor :-). These are my takes on the various subjects rather than SkyOne's. While we generally agree on most things there may be some things in this list that he considers differently.

Scally - yes, I was aware of its pejorative usage, and that's actualy why I didn't query the name when it came up. It derives from the older word 'scallywag', as it happens. As Scally is a (reformed) bandit I thought the name fitting. I don't think that's her real name, by the way, I think it's just a deeply-ingrained nickname. That said, round my way (West London) 'scally' isn't particularly offensive, at least as far as I know. If there are areas in other parts of the country where it really is considered very insulting, then yes, it should be changed. Or just add an e, making 'Scalley'. That's fine by me. The placeholder names originally used were Mulder and Scully/Scally for those bandit units, and using those really would have caused some cognitive dissonance :-)

'an earnest of...' - no, this isn't wrong, it's just an archaic usage. Correct as-is, and used intentionally. Read as 'a tangible symbol of...'

The 'its' or 'it's' just a typo that slipped through again. These tend to persist because SkyOne imports my changes manually into his master version of the campaign (or so I believe), and the odd flyspeck on the screen - like that apostrophe - is easy to overlook.

'Halls of the Dead' - just a poetic turn of speech. One might have just said 'Hell', but Hell, particularly with its modern Christian overtones doesn't exist in Wesnoth.

Ishlars - no he's not a particularly advanced mage. He's skilled enough, but nothing special. His particular schtick is his fascination with siege weapons and explosives. Which is his hobby, I suppose. He's surely the one maintaining Baldres' pistol, for example, having deduced how firearms work from captured samples from dwarves and that 2nd-level human cavalry unit whose name I can't remember.

Dorest and the Greenwood - these were changed for this campaign because the current official names are, IMO, naff. I'd rather see the official names changed to match ours than the other way around. Same goes for the Swamp of Dread and the Desert of Death and the other rather lame stuff at the top left of the northern map. I have moaned about this before, and made some alternative suggestions, in other threads on this forum.

Baldres/Baldras/Aldres and other variants. - Yes, the homage to the original Baldras is kind of intentional. We did try several other options and I'm mostly satisfied with Baldres, but I will admit to a slight niggling feeling there's a still more fitting name for him that remains overlooked.

Unicorns - in this campaign, my personal take is that unicorns' attention is drawn to strong magical power, and once you've got their attention they are then attracted to purity and virtue. They tolerate elves, and then, as SkyOne says, they're hanging around because of the two virtuous princesses.

'..., and' - this construction, a comma preceding an 'and', is not necessarily wrong. In the cases I've used it, I've used it intentionally, usually for reasons of rhythm or word stress.

Eisheim - don't think of this as a remote town surrounded by preposterous numbers of ultra-rare monsters. Think of it as a beyond-the-border settlement hardly anyone knows of near where the monsters live. The inhabitants of Eisheim are mostly snow fairies, the only people in Wesnoth who could set up house that near to the Yetis without having their huts smashed flat, and then the unicorns were attracted there. There are probably some other magical exotica living there as well, but I doubt Eisheim is the slightest bit like any normal town, or even like any other mountain village. It's really a semi-mythical place, not a normal village at all. That's why only someone like the Warden of the Mountains of Dorth is likely to even know about it.

Aside: Rather than villages, Yetis should probably live in nests, a bit like gorillas do, but the game graphics don't make that option feasible at present.

Unicorns carrying swords - Well, yeah, but unicorns are sentient and can talk. That means they can plan ahead, order someone with hands to help them, and so forth. And if a sword is in a scabbard and the scabbard has to go round someone's waist by means of a strap, then there will be ways to carry it even if you don't have hands. I don't think explaining minor details like how a handless but sentient critter managed a theft is very necessary to the campaign.

One key non-canon detail this campaign has is that it assumes half-breeds (half-elves, half-orcs, even half-ogres) are possible. That's not something that's likely to be accepted into the mainstream game.

SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

doofus-01 wrote:I don't think you need three terrains, since you can change the base terrain on the fly with the editor (SHIFT-click, I think), but if it works, it must be OK. Looking at the terrain-graphics.cfg, I see a "NEW:VILLAGE" macro is used, probably best to add the "NEW:" because the old VILLAGE macro might disappear in the future. The mysterious numbers are what you need to use to get 20% probability for each line, because each line only considers the leftover chance, not 100%. So
0.20*1.00=0.20
0.25*(1.00-.20)=.20
0.33*(1.00-0.40)=.20
etc.
You are right. We can even put the elvish villages on the water terrains if we have a reason why in campaigns... Thank you so much. Also, I really appreciate for telling me to figure out those numbers. I was probably unable to find it out by myself if you didn't tell me.:)

Now, I decided to install Ggf terrain as a custom one by using terrain code Ggy. I know it is not really necessary because we have the flower overlay in the map editor. It will be just for variations of flower terrains because it is a lot on this campaign.
doofus-01 wrote:I'll keep it in mind, I can't promise any timeline though. Maybe you can say some more about what it should have (gold sword, pink scrunchy, etc.)? Don't worry about $.
Thanks a lot.:)
I misspelled in PM, damon --> demon. :augh:
I think you understood what I meant...
Simons Mith wrote:Scally - yes, I was aware of its pejorative usage, and that's actualy why I didn't query the name when it came up. It derives from the older word 'scallywag', as it happens. As Scally is a (reformed) bandit I thought the name fitting. I don't think that's her real name, by the way, I think it's just a deeply-ingrained nickname. That said, round my way (West London) 'scally' isn't particularly offensive, at least as far as I know. If there are areas in other parts of the country where it really is considered very insulting, then yes, it should be changed. Or just add an e, making 'Scalley'. That's fine by me. The placeholder names originally used were Mulder and Scully/Scally for those bandit units, and using those really would have caused some cognitive dissonance
I am glad to see your return.:)
My memory is getting clear... Her name was Buffy (from Buffy the Vampire Slayer) at the very first time. But you rejected it, then I put Scally that had been supposed be Scully. (Buffy, Scully... how terrible I was to name her, so obviously) Naming is up to you, but Scalley looks OK for me. Or back to Buffy? (no, this is just my jest.)

Anyway, I post what I have done or haven't for the next edition to avoid duplication with anyone ("done" means "already tested"):

- installing drake snowy villages by Neilarmius, and replacing some to them on the maps (done)
- adding a race=ungulate for Wild Horses and Royal Ponies (done, but changeable)
- adding die events for Royal Ponies (affecting to each princess) (done)
- installing default elvish flags on part 2 (done)
- fixing wose's status (loyal) and adding the loyal i-con on 11 Broken Treaty scenario (done)
- testing the balance on 11 Broken Treaty scenario (not yet) --> EDIT: (working on) --> uploaded
- modifying the [ai] for wolves and some others on 13 Over the River scenario (need a test) --> EDIT: (working on) --> uploaded
- decreasing side=2 INCOME (-10) on easy difficulty of 15 Dwarvish Warden scenario (need a test)
- installing the chaotic overlay by Neilarmius (need a test)
- modifying the tunnel on 17 Mountain Path scenario (done)
- modifying scenario/map + testing on 18 Hydra Cavern (working on) -->EDIT: (done)
- updating portraits for Hawclyn and Zylvia, and adding young Eämeral's one (still need slight touches) --> EDIT: (done enough for the next version)
- decreasing saurian force's INCOME on easy and normal difficulty of 6 Capturing Dorest scenario (not yet) -->EDIT: (need to test)
- replacing villages on the maps of the city of Dorest/Dorset (working on) --> EDIT: (done for the next version)
- installing flat flower terrains (done)
- modifying maps that Ggf terrain has been used (postpone to after the next edition, probably) --> EDIT: (some, done & enough for the next version)
- others, such as polishing up unit images and animations (not sure yet...)
--------------

EDIT: Okay, still need some testings, especially the easy difficulty, but I have uploaded version 0.9.19 on the 1.10 server (since Oct. 12th). The changes have already been posted above.

The additions from the list above are to install Neilarmius on the credit list of the contribution section, and to make the second trait (with the loyal) of Elanglois unit possible to be chosen by players on scenario Over the River (quick, strong, or resilient). The campaign image is also updated, but it is a very slight touch.

It looks like the changes are not a few, but those are all minor, so that all old saving files are supposed to be run as well.
--------------

EDIT:
version 0.9.20 has been on the 1.10 server (since Oct. 18th).
The changes:
- French translation has been updated by pyrophorus. (merci beaucoup :) )
- a new terrain, flower mixed overlays, has been added, and replaced the old grass flowers (that are still in the folder, so crossing with 0.9.19 is just fine). The related thread: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 37#p536437
- So some maps have been modified.
- 20 Ice Monster scenario has been slightly modified.
----------------

EDIT:
version 0.9.21 has just gone to the 1.10 server (since Oct. 30).
Finally, Baldres's portrait has been replace to modifying default cavalier's one. Also some flags have been installed, including custom ones. Old terrain images, Ggy (Ggf as default) terrain code, have been removed on this edition. It may cause to an error if players use a save-file of the middle of some scenarios, and cross with FoaP 0.9.19 and 0.9.20. In the case, just start playing from the beginning of the scenario, please. It will let them play on the new map.
----------------

EDIT:
version 0.9.22 has been on the 1.10 server since Nov. 4th to update French translation.
Merci beaucoup, Haldric and pyrophorus.:)
The orcish flag was touched up slightly, also.

Thanks
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
SkyOne

Re: 1.10 & 1.11 SP Campaign, Fate of a Princess

Post by SkyOne »

A major bug has been found on version 0.9.21 and 0.9.22. An old custom terrain was hidden under a village on 23 Zluld's Last Stand scenario. It makes players unplayable the scenario. Sorry about it. I should have double checked on the code of the map file.
The fixed version, 0.9.23, has been updated. Please replace to it.

Also, version 1.1.0 is on 1.11 server now. I did not have enough time to play-test them all, so reporting bugs will be a great appreciation.

EDIT: - a minor issue has been found on version 1.1.0.
An Outlaw unit, Scalley (ex-Scally), isn't recalled on 16 Drake Lord scenario because of the spelling, still Scally.
It will be fixed on the next edition. The [allow_undo] tag will also be added on the scenario on both of the next edition for BfW 1.10 & 1.11 although it is not really necessary on the scenario.
-------------

EDIT: on Nov. 12th.
Another minor bug has been found on version 1.1.0 that is on 1.11 server. When players take the Crystal Bow on 18 Hydra Cavern scenario, two of the bow appear on the unit (one is animated and another isn't ). And it will probably occur on the Flame Sword of 22 Dragon Cave scenario, also. All of them have been fixed, but the server is currently disconnected, so the fixed version, 1.1.1 will be on the server later ... (hopefully). --> EDIT: it is on the server now.:)

According to Alarantalara, the same bug may occur on the versions of BfW 1.10. I will check it after finishing play-testing one on 1.11.
-------------

EDIT: on Nov. 17th.
Version 1.1.2 has just gone to 1.11 server.
All of minor bugs that I was able to recognize have been fixed on this version, including polishing scenario 22b The Battle at Prestim. A poison-icon (yellow potion overlay) and following codes have been added for the picker-unit.

EDIT: on the next day.
There is still a minor bug on version 1.1.2 (BfW 1.11). When Jil doesn't take the armor and does take the poison potion, both of overlay i-cons appear above her on scenario 7, Forbidden Ambition. :annoyed: It will be fixed on the next version, 1.1.3. Or just install this file into the scenarios-folder, please (version 1.1.2 only).
07_Forbidden_Ambition.cfg
(22.54 KiB) Downloaded 589 times
-------------

Version 0.9.24 has been on the 1.10 server since Nov. 23rd.
It is just a bug* fixed version of 0.9.23. So crossing with 0.9.23 is just fine.

* - when a unit stepped on the fire of scenario 21, Coalition of Orcs, and on the braziers of scenario 22, Dragon Cave, the unit, except drakes, died. If the unit was one of HEROs, it was a major problem... It has already been fixed one on 1.11 server, by the way.

Thanks
gooby

Post by gooby »

In "Dragon Cave", Háwclyn ROARS when he walks onto one of the braziers.

Is that desired?
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

gooby wrote:In "Dragon Cave", Háwclyn ROARS when he walks onto one of the braziers.

Is that desired?
Sorry for delaying to reply.
Hawclyn, other elves, humans, and orcs/goblins are supposed to say just "uh!" when they step on either the fire of 21 Coalition of Orcs scenario and on the braziers of 22 Dragon Cave scenario. Drakes roar on them, like "RooAARRR!".

So if Hawclyn roars like drakes (it is kind of funny, though), it is a bug. In the case, please post what version of BfW and FoaP you run.
Thanks for posting.

By the way, version 1.1.3(b) is on the 1.11 server now.
The changes from version 1.1.2 are few:
- fixed the overlay bug that I mentioned above
- polished the animation slightly on Royal Sorceress unit
- modified very slightly on the map file of Dragon Cave scenario
- modified enemy’s [ai] slightly on Capturing Dorest scenario

I haven't play-tested this campaign entirely on BfW 1.11.1 (did on 1.11.0). Hopefully, it runs without any bugs on 1.11.1.

thanks
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

I came across a bit of frustrating vagueness:
Spoiler:
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Sorry for delaying to reply, and for giving you some frustration, Crow_T.
(I had taken the longest vacation from BfW since last December till a few days ago.)

The hexes that the players need to move the caravans are x=2-19 and y=1-2 at the part. They don't cover above the elves castle, so obviously, the objective should be fixed. Actually, I did not imagine players move the caravans into the forest, but their movement_type is smallfoot that is the same as the most of humans. So I understand your case as well.

Anyway, I probably have to modify this scenario/map (and some more) in the near future because of the change of official BG map (you probably know what it is). So let's see how they are going to be... I will try that the change won't make the story weak (hopefully, will be stronger).
-----------------

Version 1.1.4 has been on 1.11 server (since Feb.11).
Changes:
- the issue above has been fixed by adding "at northwest" on the objective
- the portrait of drake lord has been replaced to the new one by doofus-01 ^_^ thank you so much.
- a jar image replaces holy-water image on 11 Broken Treaty scenario
- a few more very minor changes that don't affect the game-play
-----------------

EDIT (on Feb.14th):
The plans to change corresponding with the new BG maps (BfW 1.11 only):
• scenario 3, Northern Ways; - under consideration (probably minor modifications) --> done as minor modifications at this moment
• scenario 3b, Traveling North; - done
• scenario 4, A Man, an Elf, and a Diary; - plan to modify the map --> done as minor modifications at this moment
• scenario 13, Over the River --> Over the Hills; - done
• scenario 14, In the Swamps; - map-modification only, and done
• scenario 15, Dwarvish Warden; - done

• (something like) a set up that plans to add on the dialogues because Greenwood will be just the north of Lintanir Forest on the new map; - Elvanadíon, who was noble birth and higher pride, were not really comfortable to be dominated by Kalenz, who was not noble birth, in Lintanir Forest (although he appreciated what Kalenz had done in the past). He left the forest with his men and women, then established own kingdom in Greenwood. Kalenz kindly took the matter because Elvanadíon offered a condition that was to guard at the north of Lintanir Forest. (he is kind of like an evil character against the story leader.)

Any reasonable ideas will be possible to be accepted.

thanks
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Version 1.1.5 has just gone to 1.11 server.

The changes have already been posted, previously. But a major change includes on this edition: - scenario 13, Over the River, has been Over the Hills.
Fortunately, the previous scenario, 12 Queen Eämeral, is dialogue only, so I keep the version number as 1.1.x.

The BG-map has also been edited slightly to adjust the travel route in part-2 toward the future: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=38187
Possibly, the modified scenarios are a bit easier than they used be as my impression.

P.S.
Spoiler:
-----------
EDIT:
a new version, 1.2.0, has been on 1.11 server since Mar,13th.
On this edition, major changes include that are:
- the title, including scenario ID, of scenario 3 has been changed to Traveling North, instead of Northern Ways, and modified a lot
- the title, including scenario ID, of scenario 3b has been changed to A Jealous Beast, instead of Traveling North

Other changes:
- the second enemy of scenario 3 and the first enemy of scenario 4 has been switched (Dwarves <--> Ogres)
- modified zookeeper's rough-draft farnorth.png has been temporarily installed as farnorth-200yw.jpg
- Turuk unit gets -10 HP when his daughter dies after scenario 19, Eisheim (so if his HP is less than 10 at the moment, the game is over :) )
- some maps have been polished
- and a few that doesn't affect the game play

The other scenarios that I don't mention above, except scenario 2 (previous one), are fine to cross with older versions, FoaP version 1.1.x
Feedbacks on modified scenarios (any others, too) will be gratefully received.

-----
EDIT:
- version 1.2.1 has been on 1.11 server since Mar.29th.
The changes are all minor at this time, mostly modifications on both BG-map and the map-files.
So crossing with FoaP-version 1.2.0 is just fine.
----

Version 1.2.2 has been on 1.11 server since Apr.17th.
Basically, the changes are all minor on this update, such as map-modifications, but Bison unit has been added on the 1st and 2nd scenarios, and modified slightly on those two, especially 2nd one.

Showing the BG-map in the same way as mainline campaigns was planed, but it was postponed because it makes this campaign playable only on BfW 1.11.2. It will be one other time. -->EDIT: now, it does on the new version 1.2.3 that has been on 1.11 server since May, 16th.

So since this version, 1.2.3, this campaign has been on BfW 1.11.2 or later only.

thanks
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

A new version, 1.2.4, has been on 1.11 server.
The changes are all minor, but not too few at this time.
(I would appreciate if somebody runs it on BfW 1.11.4, and tells me how it goes because its Mac version is not available so far...)

changes:
- modified slightly on scenario 18 Hydra Cavern and 22 Dragon Cave
- a new terrain, flames, has been added and installed on scenario 3 Traveling North
- a dialogue has been added on scenario 12 Queen Eämeral as narrator's speech (for adjusting to the geography changes)
- a dialogue has been edited on each of scenario 12 Queen Eämeral (northwest --> west) and 22 Dragon Cave (west --> south) because of the new geography
- cleared up the travel markers on BG-map (using the title-screen map on first 7 scenarios from this version)
- the portrait has been added for Royal Sorceress/Ameck unit
- updated the campaign image
- replaced Drake Lord's traits: loyal/dextrous --> loyal/fearless
- replace Sword Drake XP: 80 --> 85 (will be installed on BW, also)
- updated Ice Fairy images
- fixed roaring elves on scenario 21 Coalition of Orcs and 22 Dragon Cave

P.S. the reason why the size of the campaign increased recently was to replace the BG-map to the new default-style. It is almost 2MB bigger than the previous one in this campaign...

EDIT: the po files of this edition have been updated here: http://www.wesnoth.org/gettext/?package ... ion=master
Thank you, Espreon.:)

thanks
gooby

Post by gooby »

First of all thank you for a great campaign. I have to say though that in "Hydra Cavern" when I moved the Dwarf Cholas out of his prison to the keep where the crystal bow was—Zylvia took it—he says something about not being able to use the bow.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

gooby wrote:First of all thank you for a great campaign. I have to say though that in "Hydra Cavern" when I moved the Dwarf Cholas out of his prison to the keep where the crystal bow was—Zylvia took it—he says something about not being able to use the bow.
Thank you for reporting, gooby. And I appreciate that you played all of my campaigns.:)
I found an extra message tag in the event, so it'll be fixed on the next edition. Fortunately, it is just a message, not the duplicated bow. So please give me a little while to upload the new version. (the changes are currently too few and minor to update the new one...)

This is the fixed one, by the way (for BfW 1.11.2 +):
18_Hydra_Cavern.cfg
(26.12 KiB) Downloaded 512 times
----------
EDIT:
now, version 1.2.5 has been on 1.11 server since June 16th.

The changes:
- fixed the bug that reported above, and changed its damage-type to “arcane”
- touched up slightly scenario 3 Traveling North
- adjusted Snow Fairy’s resistances (arcane=120)
- touched up some of the images (unit-images: Pioneer’ leading, Dwarvish Noble’ leading, Cannon, Caravan. other: Yeti-village, wagon-image.)
- touched up portraits of "ameck.png" and "alingwen.png" by doofus-01 (thank you so much :) )
- updated the campaign image
----------

EDIT:
version 1.2.6 has been on the 1.11 server since July, 21st

The changes:
- added the attack i-con and the defense animation on Bison unit
- modified scenario/map on 17 Mountain Path
- touched slightly each of scenarios/maps on 5 In the Wild and 25 Fate of a Princess
-----------

EDITed on July, 26th
Well, although BfW 1.11.5 doesn't support my OS, I guess there is a bug on it, something about descriptions...
The fixed version will be uploaded shortly. --> EDIT: now 1.2.7 is on the 1.11 server! In addition to fixing the bug I mentioned, some maps have been touched, also orcish shamans have been animated a bit.

thanks
SkyOne

Re: (1.10 &) 1.11 SP Campaign, Fate of a Princess

Post by SkyOne »

On FoaP version 1.2.7, I think that there had still been a bug, error message (something like): - "<Invalid WML found> Descriptions should no longer include the name as the first line." I thought I fixed them all on version 1.2.7, but I found another custom ability, recovery, on scenario 16 Drake Lord. It may cause to show the error message above on and after the scenario. So the fixed version, 1.2.8, has been on 1.11 server!

Unfortunately, BfW 1.11.2 is the newest development version that supports my OS (currently). The error message above shows randomly on 1.11.2, so finding out the bug was a bit hard. Actually, I am not even really sure how this campaign works on 1.11.4 - 1.11.6... (so is Brave Wings campaign...) Hopefully, there won’t be any error messages anymore.

Other change:
- modified slightly on the first scenario and map
- moved a couple of pixel up on Bison unit
- modified slightly on scenario 19 Eisheim
- updated Ice Fairy’s unit images
---------------------------------

EDIT:
version 1.2.9 has been on 1.11 server since Sep. 19th.

changes:
- the HP has been increased +2 on each of Baldres and Jil units
- the trait of Jil unit; quick --> strong
- movements of Jil units; 6 --> 7 (so actually, Jils’ movement is the same)
- slight modifications on scenario 3 Traveling North, 5b Mysterious Cave, and 22 Dragon Cave
- updated unit images on Ice Sorceress and Noble Ranger
- polished animations slightly on the units of Jil, Ishlars, Ameck, and Orcish Mages

thanks