Of Memories Past (0.0.5)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

jani

Re: Of Memories Past (0.0.4)

Post by jani »

yeap theodore has 0 xp at the start of clothes make the magi. he had 58 xp at the end of alduin inititation. so this is the save file.
Attachments
oMP-Clothes_make_the_mage.gz
i think this is it...
(6.46 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
telmo

Post by telmo »

jani: I think I found the problem; Theodore_store was being rewritten at the prestart event. I will just check it doesn't break anything on other scenarios, but I think I fixed it now. It will be on the next upload. Thanks!

lu_zero: I will look over Theodore's AMLA. Yes, if you level up earlier then you need to level up again; I am not really sure how to handle that. At least you got the bonuses piled on your unit before? I didn't check if they stay around after doing a change-unit leveling. Any better ideas on how to handle leveling before the graduation?
jani

Post by jani »

and when are you gouing to release 0.0.5??
telmo

Post by telmo »

Once I write some more scenarios. Give it some days or so, I am working at it.
pinguinsteve

Post by pinguinsteve »

So here we are again,

about leveling up, i leveled theo in my horse for a kingdom and he lost his AMLA, he had none at above the skies or alduin initation. would be cool to get that handled. I leveled sylvie in alduin initiation and she seems to keep it. But theo starts now (clothes of the mage) with zero xp

another thing is that in alduin intiation the gold income per village is still -1, you should change that to zero if thats intended or to +1 if not

now going on...
telmo

Post by telmo »

Village gold must be fixed, noted.

Do you know exactly on which scenario the AMLA went away?
pinguinsteve

Post by pinguinsteve »

ok i checked and the AMLA was gone at the next scenario " a timely arrival"

another thing is the "robes of the mage" scenario. It is really annoying to me, because the mages level really fast and then they dissappear leaving theo, sylvie and francois almost dead and alone, with about a dozen xp to level up. its really hard compared to the rest of the scenarios i already played, and i think you should make it a bit easier, give them a white mage or the ability to heal themselves once, or something, or decrease the xp of the mages around, so that they stay longer with the main characters.
francois had some xp at the start but theo and sylvie didn't. Is that becaues i leveled the two earlier?

edit1: ah wrong, i levelel theo in " a timely arrival" gimme second

edit2: ok checked properly and theo kept his AMLA til " pace non trove part2" and lost it at "above the skies" i don't know if there is a routine which transfers the AMLA to the unit Ivana and Theo, but it's not back at ithe initiation scenario.
telmo

Post by telmo »

Bug reproduced and diagnosed.

Theodore is stored at the end of 6b and taken away; a new Theodore is created at 6c side configuration, and stored in place of the old one, removing AMLAs, experiences, and anything else. I will fix it.

It would also affect how much xp you start with at clothes make the mage, but if you leveled up, you leveled up, you get bonuses but less xp. I will go and make sure that the AMLAs stick when you change types, too. I can change about that how much bonus xp you start with at easy and maybe normal; most scenarios seem to be easier than they should be.
lu_zero

Re: Of Memories Past (0.0.5)

Post by lu_zero »

I tried the newer one and to my disappointment ALL the recall lists got empty =_=, I'll play from start to see how things change.
telmo wrote: lu_zero: I will look over Theodore's AMLA. Yes, if you level up earlier then you need to level up again; I am not really sure how to handle that. At least you got the bonuses piled on your unit before? I didn't check if they stay around after doing a change-unit leveling. Any better ideas on how to handle leveling before the graduation?
The idea is fine if the bonuses got kept after, given the kind of levels if you do not plan to provide a recall list I'd leave some items for the leaders so they could have more chance to survive while they fight alone.

Btw the scenario "Don't Fear" starts with almost no gold, is that on purpose?
telmo

Post by telmo »

AMLA bonuses you obtain before clothes make the mage are kept. As for "don't fear" and the scenario after that, the amount of gold you had is divided in two, since theodore and silvie break apart (and the gold after each scenario is added back together later). For now all units on the recall list are following theodore, making the scenario after that have no recall list, and be a mostly level-0-unit combat.
lu_zero

Post by lu_zero »

telmo wrote:AMLA bonuses you obtain before clothes make the mage are kept.
Silvie and Francois do not keep their bonuses
telmo

Post by telmo »

... then I should fix that. I have not had time to work on it recently, and it will be some more days before I can look at it, but it should be fixed.
simira

Post by simira »

I got a strange bug at the scenario "Honor". When attacking any undead in the first round, I lose the scenario, also if I don't, I just lose it as soon as the second round starts.
telmo

Post by telmo »

I will look into it. But, not on vacation anymore; I can't ensure I will get anything fixed before two weeks from now.