Campaign: Love To Death

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Geos

Campaign: Love To Death

Post by Geos »

Ok, it is ready, Love To Death.
What is in the server is the first arc of a story composed by 3 arcs.
Is the story of Aleva, the daughter of the marquis of Karenin, a marque in the borders of Wesnoth. Mage apprentice, in this first arcs she debates between her loyalty to her master, a known mage, or her father. The marquis, Kaliostali, is convinced that the new threat falling on Karenin is caused by the mage, and Aleva tries to avoid the confrontation between them two.

So far the location is not specific. Maybe later on I will place a map inside the Wesnoth map or something.
The is a new faction, the Dasoi, which are something between elves and outlaws. The sprites are outlaws, but I will be (someday) frankesteining them in the future so they are a bit customized.

English is not my first language, so feel free to give language feedback, specially taking into consideration that I tried to write in a type of english I don't use for speaking (oxford like)

I hope you enjoy the campaign, and any feedback is welcome.

I would like to thank all the community and the developers for giving me such a good tool to expland imagination.
Credit is given, when possible, in the campaign. If you feel your art is present and not credited, please let me know.

Thank you all.
That's ridiculous, dragons have no windows...
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Campaign: Love To Death

Post by Iris »

45 MB?!

Extern download please. Or make sure you aren't uploading useless files.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Geos

Post by Geos »

All files are useful, is just the extra music that is not in mainline. Hopefully, from now on it will not grow much more than this. If it is too much of a problem I will use only mainline music, but is a pity, thinking about the work of musicians.
In fact, I made quite a big reduction, converting all imagery for story into jpg and so, but really, is the music. 30MB by itself.
Matthi205

Post by Matthi205 »

I will download it.Link please!!!
khrangass

Post by khrangass »

Nice campaign.

After completing The tower of Ektalion I receive an error message: Unknown scenario: 'SearchProdos'. Using Wesnoth 1.4.1.
Khrangass
Geos

Post by Geos »

Thanks for the feedback

I can not link anything, the campaign is on the server.
The error message is because, oops, the next scenario is not done, but the name is included, so your saved game works.

Can I know which side did you choose in "Tower of Ektalion"?
Ratha Shadar

Post by Ratha Shadar »

Well Geos, I've been waiting for this with baited breath, and I must admit, I expected maybe something as good as 'Under the Burning Suns.' At best.

Then you released it. Good god! You asked about your english, and yes, there are mistakes, but your words still flow like art! The music is mournful, the story pictures breathtaking, and the plot has managed to keep me engaged at every turn, making me desire the rest of the story.

To put it simply, your work is brilliant! It's everything one could ever want in a story.

I'm going through your code. I will try to give you a scenario by scenario english lesson. With some of it, it's difficult to tell whether you were trying to be artistic, or your english was just bad. Those parts should probably be left alone, because if none of the english is obviously bad, the remaining bits will probably look very artistic, adding a nice flavour to your characters.

All in all I felt this wonderful sensation as I played. This may just be the best campaign since httt.

Good luck with all your future scenarios,
Ratha
Stealing other peoples signatures since 1904 CE.
khrangass

Post by khrangass »

Ok, Geos, I understand, can hardly wait until you finish it, though :)

I've played The Tower a couple of times, with both sides. A hard decision which side to choose.
I suppose Ektalion will become a lich in the next scenarios (if he is killed in The Tower, of course)? What I like about it is that I don't really know what's gonna happen next, who is the enemy etc. Which reminds me of the great "Invasion from the Unknown" campaign. I guess I like being surprised :)

I agree with Ratha, this could become one of the greatest campaigns :)

Keep up the good work.
Khrangass
Ratha Shadar

Post by Ratha Shadar »

Okay, I'm done analyzing the english for the first scenario and the deaths macros. There's a lot to correct, but all in differing degrees. What I'm posting here comes in a few styles. Basically, if the correction is in green, it's only a suggestion, but doesn't really violate any laws of grammar. If it's in orange, it violates a law of grammar, but you might want to leave it the same if you did it on purpose... you know... for art. If it's in red, it means I don't know how to correct it. Sometimes, I won't even know what it means. Sometimes I (give/let you have) an option or two. If any of my proposed changes fails to satisfy the elegant linguistic skill you've put into this, let me know and I'll try to think up more alternatives. Here we go.

THE DEATH MACROS:
Nooo!!!, my loved one, you can not die, not like this
Nooo!!! My loved one, you can not die, not like this.
Nooo!!, father, you cannot die!!!
Nooo!! Father, you cannot die!!!
THE INTRO:
As I was not born male, I could choose the first steps of my destiny. Only the first ones. I felt attracted to try the paths of magic.
I (felt attracted to/wished to try) the paths of magic.
Not far in the north, in the steep valleys by the mountains, where the Dasoi used to live, a known mage lived. His name was Ektalion. My master, my father of faith, my friend, my everything... I parted to travel with him the paths of magic.
Not far in the north, in the steep valleys by the mountains where the Dasoi used to live, a known mage lived. His name was Ektalion. My master, my father of faith, my friend, my everything... I (parted/left/departed) to travel the paths of magic with him.
My loyal servant, Karos, was my closest ally. He was always by my side. My first servant, and the only who would give his live for me, for something more than just loyalty. Gold can not buy lifes, and loyalty is a [censored] daughter of gold. Powerful knight, sir Gold.
My loyal servant, Karos, was my closest ally. He was always by my side. My first servant, and the only who would give his life for me, for something more than just loyalty. Gold can not buy lives, and loyalty is (a/the) [censored] daughter of gold. Powerful knight, sir Gold.
Innocent I was, as a say, at that time. So easy the world was... I remember that year, when all begun. Leaves were red when my loyal Karos and me were travelling through the marque, from the house of Ektalion back to Karenin. That summer was intense, in mind and heart. It was much that I learned from my master, but in the winter I still had to go back to my family. Everything begun when I was back to Karenin.
I remember that year, when (it) all began. Leaves were red when my loyal Karos and I were travelling through the marque, from the house of Ektalion back to Karenin. There was much that I learned from my master, but in the winter I still had to go back to my family. Everything began when I went back to Karenin.
FIRST MISSION GOALS:
Arrive to Karenin
Arrive in Karenin
Turn run out
Turns run out
START EVENT:
I know, my dear Karos, and that is the reason why we appreciate you in this family. Your loyalty is always appreciated. During this winter I will be requiring your services. I will be travelling sort to practice in the intimacy the secret arts my master tought me.
I will be travelling sort to practice in the intimacy the secret arts my master taught me.
MyLady, at last!, you arrived.
MyLady, at last! You arrived.
This is the first of many times you use MyLady. You may even have meant it that way, but it strikes me as sloppy. I'm pretty sure that there is a way to use that title as a single word... something like Milady, but I'm not sure. The easy route would just be to put in a space and say My Lady, which I don't think would diminish the artisic effect any, and isn't improper grammar either.
Something terrible, MyLady, my... my grandfather, he is here!!
No!! He is back. He was dead this summer, and know he is back, and other also... They come from the cementery
No!! He is back. He died this summer, and now he is back, and others also... They came from the cemetery.
Oh my God! Deads rising from they repose, and walking among alive ones. What kind of evil magic is this? Let's go Karos, we have to reach my father.
Oh my God! (Dead/Undead) rising from their repose, and walking among (alive ones/the living). What kind of evil magic is this? Let's go Karos, we have to reach my father.
I know this seems strange, but in english the plural of dead is dead. It's like how the plural of sheep is sheep.

FATHER SIGHTED EVENT:
Aleva,is that you? Thank the gods you arrived! Panic has spread through our people, the deads are walking among us. Please, recruit the troops and destroy this menace. Hurry, you do not have much time.
Aleva, is that you? Thank the gods you arrived! Panic has spread through our people, the (dead/undead) are walking among us. Please, recruit the troops and destroy this menace. Hurry, you do not have much time.
Yes, MyLady.
SECOND SET OF OBJECTIVES:
Destroy de menace falling on Karenin
Destroy the menace falling on Karenin
WALKING CORPSE SIGHTED EVENT:
What is this horror. Poor creature, we shall free his soul.
What is this horror? Poor creature, we shall free his soul.
FIRST ATTACK EVENT:
I am Aleva. I will destroy you, evil creature, for profanating my sacred land!
I am Aleva. I will destroy you, evil creature, for profaning my sacred land!
TIME OVER EVENT:
Oh no!, it is too late, the undeads march through our lands...
Oh no! It is too late, the undead march through our lands...
FIRST PEASANT DEATH EVENT:
Did you see that, Karos? The new deads rise and join them.
Did you see that, Karos? The new (dead/undead) rise and join them.
VICTORY EVENT:
We did it. We destroyed every single last one of them. Where does this kind of magic come from?. Who is behind this atrocity?
We did it. We destroyed every single last one of them. Where does this kind of magic come from? Who is behind this atrocity?
Aleva, there is only one person in the marqe of Karenin that could reach such a power, and you know that. It is your master, Ektalion. We shall rise the guard and march North.
Aleva, there is only one person in the marque of Karenin that could reach such a power, and you know that. It is your master, Ektalion. We shall raise the guard and march North.
I'll admit to never having heard of the term 'marque' before, so I don't know for certain that this is a correction. You might be trying to sound archaic with your use of the word rise, but I don't think it was very successful at that.
No, father, that is not possible. Ektalion is a good man. He is the bravest of all men. There shall be an explanation for all this, and does not come from my master. He is not the only one to control the powers of Magic. You people do not understand.
No, father, that is not possible. Ektalion is a good man. He is the bravest of all men. There (shall be/will be/is) an explanation for all this, and it does not come from my master. He is not the only one to control the powers of Magic. You people do not understand.
The shaman lizards of the swamp are also known for controlling magic powers, and they as well venerate Tanas, the evil goddess. To the swamps shall our sight turn.
The shaman lizards of the swamp are also known for controlling magic powers, and they as well venerate Tanas, the evil goddess. To the swamps (shall/should) our sight turn.
Is she trying to say that their sight is definitely going to turn to the swamps, or that turning it to the swamps is the right thing?
Then we will do as you will. Take some men and head to the swamps. Bring mi a prove, and we will wreck havoc on the lizars. Do not, and we will march North.
Then we will do as you will. Take some men and head to the swamps. Bring me (a prove/proof/a proof), and we will (wreck/wreak) havoc on the lizards. Do not, and we will march North.
Here, again, I'm not sure if you were trying to sound archaic, or just didn't have a good grasp of the english language. Your call.

Anyways, that's my editting for scenario one. I'll try to do scenario 2 tomorrow. Until then, as always, best wishes,
Ratha.
Stealing other peoples signatures since 1904 CE.
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

Ratha Shadar wrote:
Aleva, there is only one person in the marque of Karenin that could reach such a power, and you know that. It is your master, Ektalion. We shall raise the guard and march North.
I'll admit to never having heard of the term 'marque' before, so I don't know for certain that this is a correction. You might be trying to sound archaic with your use of the word rise, but I don't think it was very successful at that.
There is a HTML tag called <marquee> it makes a line moving from right to left(or the other way round if you want it). But I have no Idea what that means in this context.
~ I'll heal you by 4 hp if you post next to me ~
Have a look at the Era of Strife, featuring Eltireans, Eventide, Minotaurs, Saurians and Triththa
Geos

Post by Geos »

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Well, lovely feedback, that is for sure.
Ratha, your language feedback is very good. I thank you for it. Makes me feel a little bad so much effort from you. I promise I will help you. By the way, what's up with Revolution? I have been checking, and nothing new!

I must say thay new relases will not happen immediatly because for the second arch I have to create some new units (new unit for Aleva, and well, what about Prodos), so I will first tackle that and then go for the scenarios.

About the Marquis and Maque thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marquis

I know, the place is not strictly a Marque, but a Marquessate, but Marquessate sound too much like XVIII century nobility, not very medieval, so I picked Marque, as an archaic form making the next assumption.
Spanish: Marquesado --> Marca (archaic voice)
English: Marquessate --> Marque (archaic voice must be something like this)
It has to be a Marquis, and not a Cout or Baron, because, in the time on Charlemagne, when all this was created, the Marquis was supposed to be the military noble in the borders of the kingdom. And Karenin is supposed to be in the boder of Wenoth.

Just one little thing, if you could give a little feedback oriented on difficulty level, confusing, clear parts... I would thank a log.

Thank you all for the feedback
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

It sounds to me like the "marquéz" title in spanish.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Geos

Post by Geos »

Yes, exactly that, although in Spain is said "Marqués". I had no idea in Chile was "Marquéz", although I guess for you pronunciation is the same in both cases.

By the way... What should I do about the size? Should I leave like this or maybe put the music in another Add-on?
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Geos wrote:Yes, exactly that, although in Spain is said "Marqués". I had no idea in Chile was "Marquéz", although I guess for you pronunciation is the same in both cases.
Ehm, sorry, misspelled. But yeah, here in Chile "z" and "s" sounds are pronunciated the same. :P (I think I'm confused by that Marquez writer guy...)
By the way... What should I do about the size? Should I leave like this or maybe put the music in another Add-on?
It would be nice that you did the latter. That way I could give the campaign a try.
-stf-

Post by -stf- »

When I am trying to download this campaign from campaigns server, i allways get message remote host disconnected after the size is shown (about 45MB). All other addons I can download without any problem. Can you post it somewhere (not rapidshare) so it can be downloaded manually from browser?