The Griffoon Lads (updates on first page V. 0.9.2.2 out now!

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

nope, I don't want to put it on the server before it's completely, 100% bug free.
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

a little update here.

Noted bugs, I can't seem to fix.

Some dialog only scenarios seem to cause a crashin some systems, but not all.1 out of 5 people who gave me feedback. On test, they work fine , but when run in a save, they don't....solution?

After the marketday scenario the pplayer isn't allowed to reload turn saves, for some strange reason.

I tried fixing that, but couldn't. The campaign can continue though but every scenario has only one wokring save, the very first one.

If someone has any idea why this is, thanks for the help.
oh and since it worked ok apart from that save bug I put it on the server.
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

So this is only for 1.3.14? I have 1.3.15 and just downloaded it, restarted Wesnoth, and when I tried to start the scenario it had a whole list of error messages, after which it preceded to tell me that the scenario "Swamps" was unknown.

Edit: Now that I have once more tried and failed to open it, it has been removed from my list of campaigns.
Quiz wrote:You are a Dwarvish Fighter. You're surly and handy with an axe. Go chop some trees.
Check out Quietus's Minotaurs!
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

Where did you download the campain from the server or here?

It should work on 1.3.15 since I made it work and run it through tests before putting it on the server.

Have you got extended era installed?
You like gold? you don't care about Kings or wizards? You hate elves? then be a Griffoon Lad
db0

Post by db0 »

gotrek860 wrote:Where did you download the campain from the server or here?

It should work on 1.3.15 since I made it work and run it through tests before putting it on the server.

Does it need the extended era installed to work? I hope it says so on the campaign description ;)
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

Yes it does and I specified it in the dependencies, like it says on the wiki.
Darth jordius' problem worries me though... it worked on the other computer I tried it on, so why can't it work on his? I hope it doesn't happen to everyone....
You like gold? you don't care about Kings or wizards? You hate elves? then be a Griffoon Lad
db0

Post by db0 »

Since it's on the server I'll try it out at home and let you know.
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

gotrek860 wrote:Where did you download the campain from the server or here?

I downloaded the campaign from the server, and also have Extended Era installed. (Of course!) :roll: I wish everyone would. I know there are some problems with 1.3.15, which resulted in the Windows binary being removed, so it's probably not your fault.
Quiz wrote:You are a Dwarvish Fighter. You're surly and handy with an axe. Go chop some trees.
Check out Quietus's Minotaurs!
turska

Post by turska »

I have the same problem with the version downloaded from the campaign server, both with 1.3.14, 1.3.15 and trunk. The attachment earlier in the thread works.
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

Well I'll take the version on the server out then.
but I have no idea why it doesn't work better look at it...
db0

Post by db0 »

Scenario 02.grandport.cfg

Your first event tag is closed by a } instead of a ]

fix that and it works ;)
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

ok I just uploaded an even more uptodate version on the server. I erased the one from yesterday.
Downloaded it, tried it, and oh miracle it worked.

SO NORMALLY, if some evil gremlin doesn't bug up my files, IT SHOULD WORK.
Please download the version on the server, since the one on the forum is bit oundated.

Thanks DB0 I fixed that yesterday, but forgot to update it.... :(

For those who look into the files the extra scenarios marked as 02 instead of 01 are actually work in progress. You're free to try it.

But they are not in connection with the first chapter which is complete.
Oh and thank you very much for telling me it wasn't working. If you hadn't told me I'd have never known.
db0

Post by db0 »

Played the first scenario. Got my arse handed to me. Liked it :)\

I liked how the way the map is created, it plays totally differently than most of wesnoth.

Btw, are the saurians supposed to recruit even though you can't...seems a bit unbalanced but since you claim it works I take your word for it :)\

You should however let the user know that the recruitment will be closing and in how many turns so that they can be prepared.
Mention that in the scenario story or after it starts as a narrator message

Also it could use more dialogue within the scenario as it seems a bit barren. Your initial story is good but you should flesh it out before going on chapter 2 ;) Gives people more incentive to play it that way ;)

PS: No need to delete from the server before uploading, just reupload and the old version will be overwritten. If you delete, you clear the number of times downloaded ;). Just make sure to change the version in the .pbl so that people know it's a newer version
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

Never mind for download numbers, I am not making a competition.

Are you playing on easy? you should....
It is winnable I assure you.
You have to divide troops and forget about taking villages for bonus.

Yes the saurians can recruit all scenario long, but you can't... life is hard in the swamps.

As for chapter two, I'm actually considering integrating it in chapter1.... I have to think about it all again. But with out feedback, it's pretty hard.
db0

Post by db0 »

gotrek860 wrote:Never mind for download numbers, I am not making a competition.
It's mostly easier on you. You only do one action instead of two.
Are you playing on easy? you should....
yah
It is winnable I assure you.
You have to divide troops and forget about taking villages for bonus.
This was my mistake indeed.