SeaFire (MP Campaigns and an Era)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mathel
Posts: 24
Joined: May 26th, 2017, 1:34 pm

Re: SeaFire (MP Campaigns and an Era)

Post by Mathel »

Version 1.17.0 of campaigns is now up
Changes:
Mathel
Posts: 24
Joined: May 26th, 2017, 1:34 pm

Re: SeaFire (MP Campaigns and an Era)

Post by Mathel »

Era of Seafire 1.0.2 and Seafire 1.20.0 are now uploaded

Edit: Campaign now version 1.22.0

Edit 2: Campaign now version 1.25.0

Edit 3: Campaign now version 1.25.1 . Path to Elves could too easily become unwinnable.
Mathel
Posts: 24
Joined: May 26th, 2017, 1:34 pm

Re: SeaFire (MP Campaigns and an Era)

Post by Mathel »

And it is done.
The whole campaign Seafire: Origins is now published. I have also fixed two bugs in Seafire Era.

Changes, Era
---------------
Corrected regular and undead healing names.

Fixed (Master)Strategist abilities
Changes, Campaigns:
Mathel
Posts: 24
Joined: May 26th, 2017, 1:34 pm

Re: SeaFire (MP Campaigns and an Era)

Post by Mathel »

And finaly, with the run of the campaign done, and any issues we found addresed, version 2.1.0 is released.
Seafire Era updated
1.1.0:
BeMaWoy
Posts: 2
Joined: December 6th, 2020, 8:13 pm

Re: SeaFire (MP Campaigns and an Era)

Post by BeMaWoy »

Hello there is found a small Bug.

ERROR LOG:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Macro/file '~add-ons/Sea_fire/maps/8p_Morituri.map' is missing
at ~add-ons/Sea_Fire_Era/scenarios/tests.cfg:6
included from ~add-ons/Sea_Fire_Era/_main.cfg:15
--------------------------------------------------------------

The problem is this line:
- map_data="{~add-ons/Sea_fire/maps/8p_Morituri.map}"
-----------------------
+ map_data="{~add-ons/Sea_Fire/maps/8p_Morituri.map}"


regards
Bernd Wollny
Mathel
Posts: 24
Joined: May 26th, 2017, 1:34 pm

Re: SeaFire (MP Campaigns and an Era)

Post by Mathel »

Thank you, BeMaWoy. I will fix this.

Edit:
And it is done, along with other fixes.

1.1.1
Fixed wrong path for testing map.
Fixed wrong type for Orcish Guardsman's Shield Cover
Updated Civilised Orcs' recruitment pattern.
Orcish protector now has his stabby AMLA on his spear, rather than his shield.
Axe AMLA berserk choice now correctly has melee range, rather than undefined.
User avatar
lhybrideur
Posts: 192
Joined: July 9th, 2019, 1:46 pm

Re: SeaFire (MP Campaigns and an Era)

Post by lhybrideur »

Hi,
I found a bug in scenario 5 of Sea Fire : Origins.
On line 378, it should be x,y=89,31 and not x,y=119,31
Mathel
Posts: 24
Joined: May 26th, 2017, 1:34 pm

Re: SeaFire (MP Campaigns and an Era)

Post by Mathel »

You are entirely correct and I do not know how we did not catch that when we tested it.

As it is a critical bug, it was corrected immediately.

Version 2.1.1 now up.
User avatar
lhybrideur
Posts: 192
Joined: July 9th, 2019, 1:46 pm

Re: SeaFire (MP Campaigns and an Era)

Post by lhybrideur »

It is not that critical. It is just that you have to fight the sea creatures fully.
User avatar
lhybrideur
Posts: 192
Joined: July 9th, 2019, 1:46 pm

Re: SeaFire (MP Campaigns and an Era)

Post by lhybrideur »

Hi again,
I found two other bugs.
The first one is on line 184 of Path_to_Elves : it is written second_unt instead of second_unit
The second one is on line 239 of Spider_Hunt : it is written $spiders_to_stun instead of spiders_to_stun which makes it automatically equals to 0. This one is really bothering.

BTW, if you want to show the number remaining, you should write "text"+$spiders_to_stun+"text" and not "text $spiders_to_stun text" and declare spiders_to_stunt at the beginning of prestart.

P.S.: you were right. The previous one was really game-breaking.
Mathel
Posts: 24
Joined: May 26th, 2017, 1:34 pm

Re: SeaFire (MP Campaigns and an Era)

Post by Mathel »

Thank you, Ihybrideur. I will correct these bugs as soon as possible.

Edit: Today I had time to fix the bugs, so I did.
The first two bugs were easy enough to fix, and I also fixed a few other text related bugs in Path to Elves.

The objectives in Spider Hunt were a bit more tricky.
It was not caused by the variable being in the string at all. Both original and suggested formats work, but neither would have worked in that situation.
Declaring $spiders_to_stun before [objectives] would work, but objectives would still not update.

The real cause was that objectives default to delayed_variable_substitution=no, where I thought they defaulted to delayed_variable_substitution=yes.

I tested the corrections and uploaded version 2.1.2a (Because while declaring $spiders_to_stun before [objectives] is now unnescessary, it is still the correct thing to do, and I only realised it after uploading version 2.1.2 .)
Post Reply