Post by ReNoM »

2020 Wesnoth Life Cup

Prizes

1st place
Age of Wonders III (Steam)
Mindustry (Steam)
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (Steam)

2nd place
I am not a Monster: First Contact (Steam)

3nd place
Butsbal (Steam)

Streaming

neki on YouTube (in English)
Darkkey on GoodGame (in Russian)

Messengers

A Discord server
A Telegram group

Terms and conditions

Participation requirements
1. A player must play at least one game during a week within the qualifying round and the first round (e.g. 1/8, depending on the number of participants).
2. A player must play at least two games during a week within all the other rounds.
3. A player must respect all the other players and the organizers.
4. A player must play a game in advance if it is possible.
5. A player must provide contact info on the tournament site (if you use Discord, fill out the ICQ field).

Tournament info
1. The game version is 1.14.
2. English-speaking players and Russian-speaking are going to play two separate subtournaments. Thus, it is only possible for an English-speaking player to play against a Russian-speaking player in the finals.
3. It’s a knockout (elimination) tournament. If the number of subtournament participants isn’t a multiple of power of two, there will be a qualifying round.
4. The Wesnoth Life rankings and Ladder rankings will be taken into account during the draw.
5. The list of scenarios and the tournament calendar will be published when the registration has been closed.
6. A player can take a break for a week (twice) and for two weeks (once).
7. If a player has played games ahead of schedule, they could have extra breaks.
8. A replay of the game must be saved and sent to the tournament site.
9. If the rules were violated, the affected player has to save the game, inform the organizer about the violation, and refuse to continue playing until the organizer resolves the issue. If the affected player continues the game, the organizer is able to make a decision regardless the rules (i.e. the game can be not replayed).
10. The tournament starts on 11.06.2020 (the qualifying round).

Gaming rules
1. Default era
2. No mirror (if both players accept, it could be turned off)
3. Use map settings
4. Observers
5. Shuffle sides
6. Time limit — 300-300-300-0 (initial limit, turn bonus, reservoir, action bonus). If both players accept, there could be no time limits, or the time limit settings could be adjusted.
7. Random factions
8. If both players accept, it is possible to restart the game.
9. A player can ban black, blue and brown colors. They must tell the opponent about the ban before the game starts.
10. A player is able to claim the game to be restarted (once for each player within a game). They must tell the opponent about the restart during the first two turns.

tournament results and winners
Last edited by ReNoM on March 25th, 2021, 12:11 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Caritas

Re: [In Progress] 2020 Wesnoth Life Cup

Post by Caritas »

I would like to apply but dont know how to solve all of the registration puzzles

Fill in the reversed name of the game this site about (3 words) / Напишите название игры посвящен этот сайт. Буквы нужно написать в обратном порядке (название на английском языке, 3 слова):

what should i write here?
ReNoM

Post by ReNoM »

Caritas wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 5:23 pm I would like to apply but dont know how to solve all of the registration puzzles

Fill in the reversed name of the game this site about (3 words) / Напишите название игры посвящен этот сайт. Буквы нужно написать в обратном порядке (название на английском языке, 3 слова):

what should i write here?
I've sent a PM with the answer.
ForPeace

Post by ForPeace »

It shouldn't be [In Progress], it should be [Open].
English-speaking players and Russian-speaking are going to play two separate subtournaments. Thus, it is only possible for an English-speaking player to play against a Russian-speaking player in the finals.
What if someone speaks both English and Russian?
Polish BfW fansite | Polish BfW translation | My Ladder profile

"When I say I've been playing for 10 years people come saying they've played for 15 years and that I know nothing about this game because I didn't use to play when the TRUE pros were playing xD" ~Hejnewar
clmates

Post by clmates »

Hi

Same here, want to register but the last phrase I dont know how to enter, tried several Battle for Wesnoth combinations .....

also why the registration form is not https ... you send your password in clear .....
Best regards

clmates
Caritas

Re: [Open] 2020 Wesnoth Life Cup

Post by Caritas »

i did it but this time no confirmation email :(
still can't register

that password is htonsew rof elttab

I will delete this post if its not ok to post it here, but its easier to copy it then to figure it out
Masukhi

Post by Masukhi »

Hi,same problem...don't know how to fill the last phrase
Vilebeggar

Post by Vilebeggar »

Just copy (htonsew rof elttab) and paste it into the box, that's all you have to do.
Competitive Wesnoth. For the fans by the fans.
ReNoM

Post by ReNoM »

It shouldn't be [In Progress], it should be [Open].
Okay, I've renamed the topic.
What if someone speaks both English and Russian?
Then he/she plays in the Russian subtournament.

If anybody still have any difficulties with applying for participation in the tournament, feel free to send me a PM.
NanRage

Post by NanRage »

hi all,

Thanks for organize tournament, we dont mix with russians only a choosen one in final? is there a reason? ;)
ForPeace

Post by ForPeace »

@Nan I think the game "Russia Vs. The World" will be fun to the crowd.

In each phase, how many won games do you need to advance? Is it bo1, bo2, bo3, etc?
Polish BfW fansite | Polish BfW translation | My Ladder profile

"When I say I've been playing for 10 years people come saying they've played for 15 years and that I know nothing about this game because I didn't use to play when the TRUE pros were playing xD" ~Hejnewar
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

I kinda like the format of 2 separate brackets, seems more fair.
Rears

Post by Rears »

ForPeace wrote: June 6th, 2020, 7:46 am @Nan I think the game "Russia Vs. The World" will be fun to the crowd.

In each phase, how many won games do you need to advance? Is it bo1, bo2, bo3, etc?
"CIS Vs The World" , It will be more accurate
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

Rears wrote: June 7th, 2020, 7:08 pm
ForPeace wrote: June 6th, 2020, 7:46 am @Nan I think the game "Russia Vs. The World" will be fun to the crowd.

"CIS Vs The World" , It will be more accurate
Whats CIS?
NanRage

Post by NanRage »

Hi,

Anyway is very nice the way you organize tournaments and thanks for doing so.

The only thing I'm sorry about is that I won't be able to play the final against my camarada 27pyc.

Salut,

N