[Complete] "Stay at home!" - the 2020 Wesnoth coronavirus tournament.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ForPeace

Re: [In progress] "Stay at home!" - the 2020 Wesnoth coronavirus tournament.

Post by ForPeace »

Danniel_BR wrote: April 8th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Vilebeggar wrote: April 8th, 2020, 7:51 pm What if Dauntless and Caritas both win? Then we will have the 3 top players in equal points.
If so, Daunt wins with his ladder pontuation
Not really, Median Bucholz goes eariler. It tells you how strong were the opponents of the player. To calculate it I add up the player's opponents scores excluding the best, the worst and forfeited games.
Polish BfW fansite | Polish BfW translation | My Ladder profile

"When I say I've been playing for 10 years people come saying they've played for 15 years and that I know nothing about this game because I didn't use to play when the TRUE pros were playing xD" ~Hejnewar
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

Danniel_BR wrote: April 8th, 2020, 11:23 pm Dauntless vs Danniel_BR tomorrow after 20:15 GMT
For sake of clarity, tomorrow refers to Thursday.

See you there!
DL
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

Elves vs Norths (me) on the freelands. I won.
Attachments
clmates.gz
(44.73 KiB) Downloaded 598 times
Danniel_BR
2019 Fast Tournament Champion

Post by Danniel_BR »

Danni (orcs) vs Daunt (loy) on Freelands

On a classic old school game, orcs prevailed on the 3rd night and NanRoig killed him =) gg
Attachments
2p — The Freelands (ladder) replay - Dauntless =).gz
(29.39 KiB) Downloaded 621 times
Boy

Post by Boy »

Wrote PM to Sinter yesterday, still silence.
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

I (orcs) have won against Konrad2 (loyalists) on The Walls of Pyrennis. Good game!
Legendary20Miner

Post by Legendary20Miner »

Legendary20Miner vs Caritas
Spoiler:
Attachments
2p — The Freelands replay.gz
(34.38 KiB) Downloaded 596 times
Caritas

Post by Caritas »

Legendary20Miner wrote: April 10th, 2020, 7:14 pm Legendary20Miner vs Caritas
Spoiler:
I would like to congratulate for the win, well played and ask one question.
How is it that you always gets dwarfs when start at random? We all know that the Miner thing is to play dwarfs but why not pick them in the menu?
Elder are you using some king uf game glitch to get dwarfs without picking them? In both our games you got dwarfs from "random".
Legendary20Miner

Caritas wrote: April 10th, 2020, 7:45 pm
Legendary20Miner wrote: April 10th, 2020, 7:14 pm Legendary20Miner vs Caritas
Spoiler:
I would like to congratulate for the win, well played and ask one question.
How is it that you always gets dwarfs when start at random? We all know that the Miner thing is to play dwarfs but why not pick them in the menu?
Elder are you using some king uf game glitch to get dwarfs without picking them? In both our games you got dwarfs from "random".
Thanks, you too.
Well I pick them every game obviously. In our games I picked them too, random leader, you just haven't noticed.
Boy

Post by Boy »

(triple facepalm) Players at such tournament choosing factions AND do it silently.

I didn't notice this too in our game with L20M, just because could not even imagine that someone would do this. I am mplaying years, participated at about 4-5 tournaments and this situation just like knife in the back. So, I even could not get some preferences from knowledge of enemy faction for firstbuying...

This totally stupid situation was possibly only because ForPeace didn't write any words DIRECTLY at rules: allowing of choosing factions OR disallowing.
AND if he wrote that choosing is allowed - he MUST also wrote rules for choosing.

Just no comments...

P. S. Who else also was so "smart"? Probably someone also choosed map?
Last edited by Boy on April 10th, 2020, 9:46 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Boy

Post by Boy »

Game#11 Sinter vs Boy would be at 2020-04-11 17:00 UTC+0/GMT.
Legendary20Miner

Boy wrote: April 10th, 2020, 9:35 pm (triple facepalm) Players at such tournament choosing factions AND do it silently.
What do you mean? I have chosen faction in every game, its not my fault people don't check if I picked faction. That being said if somebody sees a player play only one faction then its pretty obvious he is picking.

Haha guess picking faction is a crime now.

Picked dwarf too scary?
Danniel_BR
2019 Fast Tournament Champion

Post by Danniel_BR »

Boy wrote: April 10th, 2020, 9:35 pm (triple facepalm) Players at such tournament choosing factions AND do it silently.

I didn't notice this too in our game with L20M, just because could not even imagine that someone would do this. I am mplaying years, participated at about 4-5 tournaments and this situation just like knife in the back. So, I even could not get some preferences from knowledge of enemy faction for firstbuying...

This totally stupid situation was possibly only because ForPeace didn't write any words DIRECTLY at rules: allowing of choosing factions OR disallowing.
AND if he wrote that choosing is allowed - he MUST also wrote rules for choosing.

Just no comments...

P. S. Who else also was so "smart"? Probably someone also choosed map?
I agree with you that this wasn't a respectful condute by Miner. I hadn't noticed that he had picked on the game I played against him because I didn't care, but I understand that to others this could have changed the game completely. It was dishonorable, based on his assumption that he's so important that everyone has to know he always plays dwarves.

But you are also not being respectful with the rest of the participants when you make insinuations based on absolutely nothing but bad sportmaship. If you've lost games, it's not because people have chosen. It's because they've played better than you and we can see that in all the replays.

About what you said, I guess ForPeace expected the players to be reasonable and tell the others if they we're picking a faction, as we're all adults here. But if there wasn't a rule disallowing, so we can assume it was allowed, there is nothing complicated on that. What was missing is that the players had to agree in picking factions.

And, just to be clear, I didn't pick faction in any of my games, because I don't like it and because it give advantage to the other player. But on the last game vs Daunt, as we wanted a fair game, we agreed on the map and, as an old school practice, we agreed on one player picking both factions and leaders and the other player chosing with one he wants, to not have the risk of an unbalanced matchup on a decisive game.

Thank you very much for organizing this tournament, ForPeace. It was really great to play, really great to watch. We've had nice games and Wesnoth need games like these to keep exhisting. I'm looking forward to the next ones =)
Boy

Post by Boy »

Danniel_BR wrote: April 10th, 2020, 11:18 pm 1) ...he's so important that everyone has to know he always plays dwarves.

2) ...you are also not being respectful with the rest of the participants when you make insinuations...

3) ...If you've lost games, it's not because people have chosen. It's because they've played better than you...

4) ...What was missing is that the players had to agree in picking factions.

5) ... we wanted a fair game... we agreed on the map... we agreed on one player picking both factions...
1. Just lol. As you said later, expecting "adults"?

2. Are you drunk? Which "insinuations" did I make?

3. Am I said something about my losing games? About who is better or not? Why are you wrote all these pointless words?!
Again, are you drunk? Or you just speaking with yourself about some yours thoughts?

4. Thnx, Captain, for repeating my words.

5. (facepalm) So, all other players and all other games was not good enough, yeah? Was not so important to be fair?

P. S. There is no need to answer for my questions, actually.
Last edited by Boy on April 11th, 2020, 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Legendary20Miner

Danniel_BR wrote: April 10th, 2020, 11:18 pm ...
Are you really saying that not telling people im picking a faction is disrespectful? What do you expect me to do, announce that I play picked dwarves every game? I think now you are actually disrespecting all the players who have picked factions when playing ladder, is everybody who doesn't play random and doesn't shout IM PICKING A FACTION before playing the game, being disrespectful? Also, I have been very consistent picking dwarves, in every game I have picked dwarves, its obvious when looking at my games. If you don't do research on your opponent thats your fault, not the opponent's fault that he didn't announce his grand strategy to you before every game lol

Picking dwarves was not some trick I used to get an advantage in my games, don't worry, I have done it consistently, I have never tried to trick anybody that im picking some other faction or not picking dwarves, again, if you don't know your opponent thats your fault.
Last edited by Legendary20Miner on April 11th, 2020, 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.