[Complete] "Stay at home!" - the 2020 Wesnoth coronavirus tournament.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Boy

Re: [In progress] "Stay at home!" - the 2020 Wesnoth coronavirus tournament.

Post by Boy »

>nobody cares?

I was already checked that thought a day ago - at replay file there is xml block which shows what maps was checked before game begins.

But I wouldn't be surprised if some replays didn't contain right map pool - and that is probably not because evil intentions, but because people just physicaly could not do things right :)
sergey

Post by sergey »

Boy wrote: April 11th, 2020, 10:57 am at replay file there is xml block which shows what maps was checked before game begins.
That's true, but it would be much easier if that information is shown on the screen (e.g. as a chat message in the top left corner). On the other hand, writing a wall of text is not a good user experience. I will think about it.
Author of SP scenario Dragon Fight and SP campaign Captured by a Nightmare.
Created The Rise of Wesnoth (alternative mechanics) version of the mainline campaign.
ForPeace

Post by ForPeace »

sergey wrote: April 11th, 2020, 12:10 pm
Boy wrote: April 11th, 2020, 10:57 am at replay file there is xml block which shows what maps was checked before game begins.
That's true, but it would be much easier if that information is shown on the screen (e.g. as a chat message in the top left corner). On the other hand, writing a wall of text is not a good user experience. I will think about it.
That's a great idea!
Boy wrote: April 10th, 2020, 9:35 pm This totally stupid situation was possibly only because ForPeace didn't write any words DIRECTLY at rules: allowing of choosing factions OR disallowing.
AND if he wrote that choosing is allowed - he MUST also wrote rules for choosing.
You are right. The lack of rules can cause similar misunderstandings so next time I'll add more details. Still, it's not a huge official prized tournament so I'm here to solve any problems that don't have a rule about them. Anyway, if it never says "You cannot pick a faction" then it means you can.
Polish BfW fansite | Polish BfW translation | My Ladder profile

"When I say I've been playing for 10 years people come saying they've played for 15 years and that I know nothing about this game because I didn't use to play when the TRUE pros were playing xD" ~Hejnewar
sergey

Post by sergey »

Ok, the latest version 0.1.4 prints the map pool.
Author of SP scenario Dragon Fight and SP campaign Captured by a Nightmare.
Created The Rise of Wesnoth (alternative mechanics) version of the mainline campaign.
ghype

Post by ghype »

I fail to find out who won
ForPeace

Post by ForPeace »

ghype wrote: April 11th, 2020, 5:18 pm I fail to find out who won
It's not over yet.
Polish BfW fansite | Polish BfW translation | My Ladder profile

"When I say I've been playing for 10 years people come saying they've played for 15 years and that I know nothing about this game because I didn't use to play when the TRUE pros were playing xD" ~Hejnewar
Legendary20Miner

Post by Legendary20Miner »

The picker could have very well been bugged when unticking some maps, just like RBY was, its not out of the realm of possibility.
Last edited by Legendary20Miner on April 11th, 2020, 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
serclino

Post by serclino »

My match against Vilebeggar was scheduled on today 20 p.m. UTC+2. Sadly, he didn't appear for 20 minutes, so is it gg?
Legendary20Miner

Post by Legendary20Miner »

Boy wrote: April 11th, 2020, 8:20 am
First of all, it's your problem actually, not mine :)

My opinion is - you MUST not only announce, but ask permission from other player. Just for rightness.

And why you decided it by yourself only? Are you playing alone? What if another player wants play dwarfs also? Why you first pick faction? What if another player just don't want play against hardcoded dwarfs? What if other player just don't want you picking faction? And moreover - ForPeace even said that according his sense of fairness, if another player wants pick faction AFTER you did it - it would be unfair if it counterpicks, so you limit another player by your one-sided decision.

So, I don't like at all this choosing without clear rules.
My opinion is that you wanna attention, you are the biggest complainer I have seen.

If somebody else picks dwarf then it only will result in more complaining from you, guess players will have to endure it.

You have no arguments, you are just salty.
Boy

Post by Boy »

>you wanna attention, you are the biggest complainer I have seen

When one could say nothing about actual point of discussion, he usually starts talking about other one personality.
It's oldest forum rule, kid. As you still could not get my simple arguments, there are two ways - you are stupid or you clearly understood what I am saying, but as kiddo could not just accept it. Anyway, I tried. Now I am done with you.
Last edited by Boy on April 11th, 2020, 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vilebeggar

Post by Vilebeggar »

serclino come and play i made the game
Competitive Wesnoth. For the fans by the fans.
Boy

Post by Boy »

sergey wrote: April 11th, 2020, 4:51 pm Ok, the latest version 0.1.4 prints the map pool.
Just tested, seems working. But actually pointless - it's not saved at chat history, so you could watch this text only some amount of time and it disappeared. If you P1 with timer - you just ignoring this text. Moreover - this text distracting a bit and that's bad.
serclino

Post by serclino »

Vilebeggar wrote: April 11th, 2020, 6:40 pm serclino come and play i made the game
Give me 10 minutes pls
Boy

Post by Boy »

Game round#11 at Silverhead Crossing: Boy (P1 Northerners) beat Sinter (P2 Rebels) at turn 13.

Replay from server.
Boy

Post by Boy »

Well, despite of all, I want to thank ForPeace for hard working while organizing this tournament!
Really, thank you!

I've created a table with all games played. This table could be saved as CSV format and after that there is possibility to make SQL-like queries to CSV-table.
I'll probably do this and will show some interesting analytics about tournament.