[Complete] PYRA Mettle, Insecurity, Despair - III. PYRAMID Tournament

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ShadowVeil1

Re: PYRA Mettle, Insecurity, Despair - III. PYRAMID Tourname

Post by ShadowVeil1 »

If you want to have players for your tournaments for the future, find a way to handle discussions without being overly biased, Horus2. That would be so beneficial not just for you, but for the players too.
Krogen

Post by Krogen »

Seriously, what the hell was this? I don't have enough information to decide for myself who was right or wrong, who is a nazi and not, but... this is a tournament where participating players should play their games with eachother, no matter how they hate eachother. You guys can talk about Hitler and his mental illnesses all day. But one's opinion about that has NOTHING to do with the tournament games. Put aside differences for the times of these games. Noone is forcing you to talk to eachother. Or at least that's what you should've done. If you can't stand someone you can still talk to him coldly, but without insults, at least for the time of the match. And yes, insulting opponents and other participants is against the rules too. Everyone can read it on the first page, but here it is:

"8. Cheats and other abuses

Here is a list of common misdeeds and their consequences:

Well-grounded peeking & variants = Ban from here, all future tournaments organised by Horus2, and maybe from the multiplayer server too.
Insulting other players (beyond their comfort zone) = Warning --> Losing a round --> Ban from current and future Horus2 tournaments.
Flooding the chat = warning --> muting --> Ban from the tournament.
Playing wrong map or wrong leader = Match has to be reopened if the faulty player won; if we know the host and its opponent won, it counts as a valid victory, and in case of a wrong leader, the winner can choose which leader is lost.
Not responding 24 hours after the deadline is over = Disqualification, subbing if possible.

Just because something is not on the list, it does not mean it is tolerated; creative abuses will result in creative punishments."

Ofc i don't know enough, i haven't heard all sides, so i can't really form a strong opinion. I consider both SV and draghen as friends. But i trust Horus and his judgement, more than any other Wesnoth player's, and i accept his decisions, whatever they are. So let the tournament go on!
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep." - Tywin Lannister
ShadowVeil1

Post by ShadowVeil1 »

Have you seen me or draghen insult anybody IN a tournament game? You are approaching this in a biased manner, just like Horus. When did I ever insult ElderofZion IN a tournament game or in the forums? Never. That happened in a regular game me and draghen were playing, he came, he spammed his beliefs and I simply had to ban him for his provocative nature. That has nothing to do with the tournament whatsoever. It is my right as a host when I host my own game, as I did in that isar, to kick or ban whoever I please if his or her presence is annoying to me. Once again, how is that related to the tournament? You are not being objective as well, Krogen. Why point to me the rules of the tournament, that is absolutely pointless... None of the discussed matters happened inside a tournament game, or in the forums. This is just crazy...
Ammazzalepri

Post by Ammazzalepri »

I just don't understand why you Horus, entered in the matter of the case. Elderofzion and draghen can't plan the match in time? Okay, that's a problem that the organizer can handle. Do they dispute each other on off topic? They are old eneugh to take their responsabilities. do these problems are so serious that they don't want to play their tournament match? Okay they both lose the turn then. Simple. Furthermore the dispute took places during other games as I understood, during different tournament games or friendly ones, so why do the possible insults between hot heads should be punished by anyone?

ps. to be clear, I'm not taking the part of anyone, infact I don't think Hitler was ill too :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Krogen

Post by Krogen »

Me copying the rules was because i saw the draghen vs Elder private message discussion. You can't talk to someone like that while trying to organise your match. You weren't there that's true, but as i said, i don't know the whole story. So overall don't take that part on yourself. But i trust the organiser.
Btw, no hard feelings towards anyone involved from my part. Im just a bit pissed off that 2 players were banned for something that basically shouldn't belong to this tournament, at all. Im 100% sure i would agree with SV and draghen about Hitler. But this is a just a game! Play it!
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep." - Tywin Lannister
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

If any of you is interested here you have SV and Hitler replay and the dauntless game replay.
Attachments
ShadowVeil and Hitler.bz2
(14.82 KiB) Downloaded 607 times
2p_—_Sulla’s_Ruins_Tura_14.gz
(42.01 KiB) Downloaded 606 times
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

Because mods removed some posts, i would like to add that the ban was not instant. I let them get away with a creative punishment for both of them. Instead of swallowing it and promising to keep their temper, they banned ElderofZion from the game when he entered and ridiculed my sense of judgement. That is when i decided i was too lenient.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

I swear, it's like I'm talking to myself sometimes...
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
ShadowVeil1

Post by ShadowVeil1 »

Don't swear, it's against the forum rules!
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

Round 8 - Fallenstar Lake

abhijit vs Maboul
ElderofZion vs Krogen

Suffice to say we have witnessed unexpected twists as we lost three players, including Danniel_BR who was depentant on the performance of his chosen squire. Danniel_BR is still eligible to become a spirit, however it looks like there will not be an opportunity for that anymore.
As everyone is reduced to one leader, every still active players deserve an epic poem just for getting so far.
Honorable mention goes to Mint to correcting the wrongs in the pairing, claiming the fifth place for his honesty. :oops:

The show must go on!
Maboul

Post by Maboul »

As everyone is reduced to one leader
In fact, i have lost only one leader against abhijit in the first round.
I still have 2 leaders (the lieutenant and the drakes warrior) ;-)
abhijit

Post by abhijit »

Hahahaha,

And here everyone was saying that only "abhijit" has two leaders left until i lost one more to Shadowveil.

Well disguised, Maboul! Time to lose another one! ;)
Winner of The Alternate Frontier
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

Horus2 wrote: Honorable mention goes to Mint to correcting the wrongs in the pairing, claiming the fifth place for his honesty. :oops:
Maboul wrote:
As everyone is reduced to one leader
In fact, i have lost only one leader against abhijit in the first round.
I still have 2 leaders (the lieutenant and the drakes warrior) ;-)
That would explain why Mint had to warn me that he is out of the tournament. :doh:
Time for me to refresh the first page i guess. :lol: Plus a little extra surprise.
abhijit

Post by abhijit »

Maboul vs abhijit is beginning NOW!
Winner of The Alternate Frontier
Krogen

Post by Krogen »

Im finally cured, expect my game with Elder in the following days.
Btw, will the leader tab be ever updated on the first page? Laaazy organiser, this one. ;)