[Complete] International Tournament– Polish edition 2017.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Druid

Re: International Tournament– Polish edition 2017.

Post by Druid »

Krogen wrote:Great, i agree with that, competitions should not be request shows. But what should i do/what will be the solution, if despite this my opponent still refuses to play?
They will be w/o (additional term: 17-18 April 2017.). Next tournament - reserve list. 8)
Wesbane

Post by Wesbane »

Solymos-HUN wrote:Elder and decided Caritas matches of the group rankings, this I can not decided who and how ???
Situation you are against is natural if more than one competitor from given country is allowed.

It is also hard to get why you are so upset with it? If I get this right you already have a second place as a nation. Though I doubt there will tell this on television even if you menage to go to the top.
Druid wrote:Whether you read the rules.
This is the tournament and not the musical request programme. Changes it will not be
While it is definitely a good practice to uphold to the established rules it would be better that before you start swinging with your staff you would explain how your tournament works. It will help avoid such situation like this in a future by making your actions clear and distinguishing honest players, who have the right to know how choices are made, from troublemakers.
Last edited by Wesbane on April 5th, 2017, 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Druid

Post by Druid »

Wesbane wrote:...
Druid wrote:Whether you read the rules.
This is the tournament and not the musical request programme. Changes it will not be
While it is definitely a good practice to uphold to the established rules it would be better that before you start swinging with your staff you would explain how your tournament works. It will help avoid such situation like this in a future by making your actions clear and distinguishing honest players, who have the right to know how choices are made, from troublemakers.
This is an individual tournament. Who from what country does not matter. I thought it was clear. What to explain here ? :hmm: Everything is written in the rules.
Wesbane

Post by Wesbane »

Meh, misunderstanding on my side, I should go see first post before typing.
You have it covered. :)
Druid wrote:9.2 Juxtapositions in semi-finals are created by the organizer.
Though it would be better if a winner of a match would know before with who he will potentially play next. Not pairing them after match results are known. It is a more common route. But since all competitors agreed upon the tournament rules, well you have nothing to discuss with players.
Solymos-HUN

Post by Solymos-HUN »

the draw was not publicly it is not correct, according to the director decides comf feel like?

I accept it after a public lottery !!
Druid

Post by Druid »

Wesbane wrote:Meh, misunderstanding on my side, I should go see first post before typing.
You have it covered. :)
Druid wrote:9.2 Juxtapositions in semi-finals are created by the organizer.
Though it would be better if a winner of a match would know before with who he will potentially play next. Not pairing them after match results are known. It is a more common route. But since all competitors agreed upon the tournament rules, well you have nothing to discuss with players.
Is written 8)
and that :

15. Organiser has the rights to settle all doubts in the tournament and his decisions are ultimate.
16. Signing up for the tournament is explicit with acceptance of all above-mentioned rules.

:whistle:
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

Solymos I don't mind you giving up and resigning thats fine, if I was to beat Danniel I would much more enjoy playing against Krogen in the finals than vs you xD And I don't mean he is worse than you.

I think Im going to play vs Danniel during the weekend
Danniel_BR
2019 Fast Tournament Champion

Post by Danniel_BR »

Well, I nver tought Druid would even consider it anyway

But Soly, I ask you to reconsider your decision and play. You're one of the best players here and would be great to play with you in the finals after I beat Elder. I don't give a shi* about my contry, I'm glad you do, but come on, the major goal here is the fun, are the epic games. Wesnoth needs it, needs tournaments to be succesful and a WO in the semis would be a pity.
I promise you a great game in the finals if you pass. Come on, Soly. I challenge you to beat me
ElderofZion wrote: I think Im going to play vs Danniel during the weekend
Yes, Goblin guy. We may play on sunday, both games if it's posible. If it's not, I can play the second one on next Friday. Ty
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

Danniel_BR wrote:Well, I nver tought Druid would even consider it anyway

But Soly, I ask you to reconsider your decision and play. You're one of the best players here and would be great to play with you in the finals after I beat Elder. I don't give a shi* about my contry, I'm glad you do, but come on, the major goal here is the fun, are the epic games. Wesnoth needs it, needs tournaments to be succesful and a WO in the semis would be a pity.
I promise you a great game in the finals if you pass. Come on, Soly. I challenge you to beat me
ElderofZion wrote: I think Im going to play vs Danniel during the weekend
Yes, Goblin guy. We may play on sunday, both games if it's posible. If it's not, I can play the second one on next Friday. Ty
Its to 3 wins i think xD
ForPeace

Post by ForPeace »

ElderofZion wrote: Its to 3 wins i think xD
Two wins only, unfortunately.
Polish BfW fansite | Polish BfW translation | My Ladder profile

"When I say I've been playing for 10 years people come saying they've played for 15 years and that I know nothing about this game because I didn't use to play when the TRUE pros were playing xD" ~Hejnewar
Danniel_BR
2019 Fast Tournament Champion

Post by Danniel_BR »

ForPeace wrote:
ElderofZion wrote: Its to 3 wins i think xD
Two wins only, unfortunately.
So, two wins it is =)

Two quick games. 1st was in Sulla's ruins (my choice) with a classic drake's rush against dwarves. He left spaces to drakes, no way to come back after that
2nd was an orcish rush agains't drakes on HGB (his choice). Again, he gave me a lot of space, a castle in his field and didn't press. If you don't press an offensive player with a little bit of experience, you will get rushed.

Anyway, thx for the games, Goblin guy. Was a pleasure.

So, who do I take in final? Soly gave up?
Attachments
2p_—_Howling_Ghost_Badla..._replay.gz
(23.9 KiB) Downloaded 767 times
2p_—_Sulla’s_Ruins_replay.gz
(21.41 KiB) Downloaded 753 times
Krogen

Post by Krogen »

Congratz for the wins.
About Soly: Well, i sent her a message, where i said she can change her mind anytime and inform me about it. I also told her im not going to try to convince or ask her more times, so it's really just up to her. After that i got no message from Soly about this. And we talked about something else recently and she didnt mention our games or if she wants to play them.
In the additional time i can play:
april 17. anytime
april 18. morning or early afternoon, latest start should be 14:00
But honestly, if one of the players openly refuses to play, i don't think we should wait another week. If Soly doesn't change her mind very quickly, we can go on. We can say it's an extreme situation, right? It would be better for me, since next week from Wednesday is spring break, i don't want to waste that if we already know there are not going to be games. It would be just formality, really.
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep." - Tywin Lannister
Solymos-HUN

Post by Solymos-HUN »

patience to think about
Druid

Post by Druid »

To games for the first place passes Danniel_BR (Brazil). ElderofZion (Poland) will fight for the third place. Congratulations to both. ;)

@Krogen Nothing by force.
Krogen wrote: ... In the additional time i can play:
april 17. anytime
------------------------------------------------------
Games in time limits additional
------------------------------------------------------
17 april 2017 - Monday

10:00 (UTC + 1)
Solymos-HUN (Hungary) vs Krogen (Hungary)

20:00 (UTC + 1)
Solymos-HUN (Hungary) vs Krogen (Hungary)
Krogen

Post by Krogen »

Okay, if Soly says that at least she thinks about it, it's fine to wait.
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep." - Tywin Lannister