[Complete] PYRA Mudcrawler Is Devastating - The Tournament

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Blop

Re: PYRA Mudcrawler Is Devastating - The Tournament

Post by Blop »

Match 2 between Kira1 and myself continues now!

And the game is over!
Experience the heroic death of Rambo and the ongoing success of its sequel Rambo II.
Very entertaining match, you should watch it.
Spoiler:
Attachments
Kira1_vs_Blop_game_2.gz
(37.33 KiB) Downloaded 561 times
mumma

Post by mumma »

For Blop and szdik570 - I will be around on June 24 and 25 looking to play - I have to play one with Blop and two with szdik570. After 6/25 I will be unavailable for two weeks.
Blop

Post by Blop »

Game 2 between mumma and myself will start today, Sunday, 22.06., GMT 10.

And the game is over!

Map: Den of Onis
mumma's recruits: Guardsman, Dwarf Fighter, Human Mage, Naga, Thug, Ulfserker. Leader: Lieutenant
My recruits: Dwarf Fighter, Shaman, Ulfserker, Saurian Skirmisher, Human Mage, Spearman. Leader: Deathblade
Spoiler:
Attachments
PYRAMID_round_1_mumma_vs_Blop_game_2.gz
(25.24 KiB) Downloaded 537 times
nagafono

Post by nagafono »

22 june (today), 18 GMT nagafono vs. thefish match 2 will be played
thefish

Post by thefish »

nagafono/thefish played already fast to madness on Rime grotto
Spoiler:
Attachments
PYRA_-_Rime_Grotto_Turn_6_(6807).gz
(16.07 KiB) Downloaded 544 times
Oook

Post by Oook »

Heyas,

Just to confirm I can make pretty much any time between 0900 and 2000 UTC Mon, Tue and Wed this week.
Abstract - if you're still free 1430 UTC (8pm Indian Standard Time) that would suit well, otherwise let me know which time Mon - Wed would work for you.

Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

Refreshed the first page... Madmoo and Abstract also stepped back, thus every group have been reduced to 4 players. Justice and equality served!
Group A and B have definite winners, C has 1 or 2 more match to be played, and D has a tie. So go on, Chernozem and Durisol!

Something else.

I got no comments over the Martyoska Project... did the grunt suddenly become balanced? :whistle:
While i would be still happy to get a response, let's try another approach until that happens. Take a look at this:
Spoiler:
This is a prototype of what we can call PYRAodic table. While i just made this some days ago, it shows the logic how PYRA has been balanced.
The table contains all advanced units. The units sharing a certain statistical or functional similarity are presented in the same coloured frame. Units in the red frame happen to be the core fighters, orange border contains armoured units, blue stands for scouts, etecera. Units in 1x1 black frames are so special that they doesn't really belong to any other groups. But more importantly, between some of the adjacent units there are numbers, indicating the gold difference between them. The gold relation is more certain if it stands for units of the same group, and the difference is relatively small (not bigger than 3), while other numbers that fail to meet these requirement are weaker links. A few of these are actually very forced, but i had no alternatives.
So. If you have a balance suggestion, look at the table and try to tell us which of these numbers are inaccurate, and why they are inaccurate. You can also comparise unit being two or three steps away from each other, if they are not significantly worse for a comparison than the adjacent units.

Example: this table already features a 18 gold cost adept and 19 gold cost Mage. The reason of the inaccuracy was the wrong estimation of the potential of high magical damage. Relations of DA-Thug, DA-Mermaid Initiate, Mage-Spearman, Mage-Bowman, Mage-Saurian Augur had to be revised, while the DA-Mage remained intact at 1 gold.

The questions therefore are: the value of which phenomena did i estimate incorrectly? Which of these number are off?
Mint

Post by Mint »

Durisol's first tiebreak game has been played! Mint vs Duthlet(P1) on the Freelands.
I perpetrated some idiocy by not updating to the new version with the edited flappies and caused 2 separate reloads. Oops.
Spoiler:
Attachments
Durisol_Group_Tiebreak_Mint_vs_Duthlet.gz
(26.61 KiB) Downloaded 562 times
Blop

Post by Blop »

With the high frequency of heavy infantry and dwarvish fighter picks, I would appreciate a skeleton buff of 1gold less. Not to speak of mages. Skeletons just aren't picked in the current meta.

The grunt raise to 13g would make other units more viable in my opinion, but this is the tricky one anyway as you don't want to change stats. For I think the goblin spear has too little hp to be picked over the grunt. Same with the ogre, grunt is just better. Or the dwarvish fighter for a similar role.
Blop

Post by Blop »

Group Durisol, can you give us an update for the remaining 2 matches?
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

Round 1.5 - Write haikus or die!

Figure 4: A beautiful metaphor - cherry tree gives 70% to elves.

Honestly, i have been impressed by the pace how you all played the matches in the first part of the round. Something happened that was very unlikely and i don't think ever happened in a Wesnoth tournament before: no player had to be eliminated because of inactivity. For that alone you deserve a big slice of black forest cake, however.

We are about to lose our stategical advantage in the sweet industry, for after all the postponings, there are still at least two, at most eight matches to be played. To make things worse, i have to go on a vacation to Germany for roughly six days (okay, this is not bad for me, but the tournament), leaving on Sunday and returning on next Saturday. But just like in the previous PYRAMID, if things can go on the patient and lenient way, i'm ready to make silly rules to filter the quitters and keep you busy.

Message to amikrop, Blop, Snowman, Danniel_BR and Kira1: You can start playing your Round 2 games between you five to speed things up, even though we are not there yet. Good luck!

Message to ikomizo, SalsaRocoto, Duthlet, Snowman and Mint: You still in debt with games and the Round 1.5 rules apply to you. From the next week, for every three days you still haven't played your own matches, you must write a traditional haiku about the PYRAMID tournament, PYRA, or Wesnoth multiplayer in general. Basic stuff, lines have 5-7-5 syllables; references to weather or season is not necessary, but encouraged. This means if you haven't done with your matches it is past Wednesday midnight in your country and you posted no haiku, you are dropped from the tournament, same for next week saturday and so on. You cannot post the haikus in advance in bulk, only during the relevant three days, unless a good excuse (like a similar holiday trip) is given.

Frequently asked questions:

Q: Horus, do you seriously want to kick me because i did not write a haiku?
A: Yes.

Q: I cannot write a haiku, seriously!
A: Everybody can.

Q: I am not endangered by this new rule, can i still post haikus?
A: You are welcome.

Q: I do not like black forest cake, what are the options?
A: Please describe your ideal cake in haiku.
Blop

Post by Blop »

Example:

Like Light, or Darkness,
but do not like neither, else
your shoes fill with sand.

I'm sure you can do better :)
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

A haiku challenge
Horus drops before he leaves;
A summer typhoon
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Mint

Post by Mint »

Poor Wesnoth players:
Once here, trapped til their demise,
For all Wesbreaks end.
thefish

Post by thefish »

she is hot like hell
screwed up my ice reserve