[Complete] The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 4th edition

Moderator: Forum Moderators

tekelili

Re: The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 4th edition (Semifinals)

Post by tekelili »

Congrats to RNG and also to Dunno for the best schedule-succesfull TGT edition. I enjoyed it a lot, and must confess I am pretty proud of my team games (even more when I was returning to Wesnoth from a very long break), but RNG showed a very hard to defeat team and why hold already one TGT champion title.

I also want remember to observes that inmediatly after game 2 or game 3 of TGT finals, Closing Ceremony will be hosted, and I think it has pretty cute and fun stuff to watch :eng:
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
grzywacz
Inactive Developer

Post by grzywacz »

I'm looking forward towards the Bloody Finals! :mrgreen:
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

This is it!
The moment you've all been waiting for has arrived! The Grand Tag Finals are open!

Two teams have made it to the finals, both presenting completely different style.

Hell group: :twisted:

Pffffff F.C. - a team that really does deserve the title of the most unholy team of this tournament. Their gameplay style is decisive, brutal and unforgiving. They've eliminated two pairs of the TGT champions without mercy. They haven't lost a single game. They don't take pleasure in chit-chat and posting images. They are the hell champions, about to face their opponents:

Earth group: 8)

Rusty Noob Gamers - they had a tough start in this edition. Neki, Dauntless' right hand and 2nd edition champion left the scene in shame and was replaced by Snowman. However, this veteran duo has shown us all how it's done the old way. Defensive and patient, they wait for their pray to show a weak spot and then they strike, and they strike hard. Moreover, RNG has quite possibly beaten a record of level ups in this tournament, or at least this edition.

Who shall prevail? Will the champions of hell defeat the last remaining TGT veteran team? Or will the old tradition turn out to be stronger? Will the RNG team be the first to become a TGT champion for a second time? Or will they have to satisfy themselves with only one statue in the TGT Colosseum? Will I manage to pass my exams while waiting for the grand final?

We'll all find out soon enough. Cheers,
Dunno
Last edited by Dunno on November 13th, 2013, 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

Organisational stuff
tekelili wrote: I also want remember to observes that inmediatly after game 2 or game 3 of TGT finals, Closing Ceremony will be hosted, and I think it has pretty cute and fun stuff to watch :eng:
It's much, much more than cute and fun, it's epic! Don't be so modest, tek :)
However, I'm not sure about the "immediately after game 2 or 3" part. I think it'll be better to host it on the most convenient date, like Friday or Saturday evening, instead.

Finals schedule: there is none. Finals are as long as it's needed. So all we can do now is cheer the both teams to hurry up and find a good date to play!
The Black Sword

Re: The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 4th edition (Grand Final

Post by The Black Sword »

Congrats to Daunt and Snowman, 3 great games, looking forward to the finals.

Thanks to Dunno for running the tournament and to tek for coming back to team with me. The TGT wouldn't be the same without him. :D
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

Game 1 of the grand finals is starting NOW!
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

Hello guys,
game 1 of the TGT Grand FInals has ended yesterday. We are sorry for not announcing the game earlier, but we randomly met and foud out we would be occupied in the following days. SO we took the chance to start off while we could.
The result is hidden in the spoiler, replay is attached and we will inform you when the next games will take place ;)
Cheers
Dauntless
Spoiler:
Attachments
TGT_Grand_FInals_game_1.gz
(31.54 KiB) Downloaded 584 times
NanRage

Post by NanRage »

Thanks for game,,,

All tickets sold for PFfffffff game at home.

Spoiler:
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

Hello guys,
the Grand Finals Game 2 will take place on Tuesday 26th from 19 pm GMT.

See you all there

Cheers

Dauntless

IMPORTANT EDIT: The game was moved to next Thursday, 28th from 18 pm GMT!
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm back!

And looks like I came back just in time to see the last game of the tournament... Although I hope there will be at least two more games in this tournament and not just one (hold in Pffff F.C. you can do it, Daunt is only Dauntless, not Invincible :P )

@Dunno: could you post stats of the last round? Gotta know how many elvish fighters died while bravely defending the newly spread Loris River rainforest (probably because of the global warming? :hmm:) from the capitalist greed of dwarvish logging corporations :<
If you have any wishes or suggestions concerning the TGT or just want to drop me a message, pls pm me at: alpha1_pm
I won't be able to see any messages that are sent to alpha1.
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

Huh, the RNG vs. Nerds game on Loris River replay is corrupt. Or is it just me? You'll have to wait for the statistics a bit longer, alpha :geek:
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

Dunno wrote:Huh, the RNG vs. Nerds game on Loris River replay is corrupt. Or is it just me? You'll have to wait for the statistics a bit longer, alpha :geek:
Yeah it is corrupted :(

@Daunt, Snowman, TBS, tekelili: did you by chance save the replay manually and could post it here?

If no, then I guess you can use the 15th turn replay, Dunno. This one seems to be working fine.

Btw. Looking at how the corrupted replay has more than 20 downloads: If you happen to stumble upon a corrupted replay, don't be afraid and drop a note in this thread, if done soon enough players may still have autosaves of the game. Although I guess, this is more of a note for future tournaments.
If you have any wishes or suggestions concerning the TGT or just want to drop me a message, pls pm me at: alpha1_pm
Snowman
TGT Champion

Post by Snowman »

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Spoiler:
Attached please find replay of the second game of finals between Pffff F.C. and RNG. It was played on Xanthe Chaos with double Drakes (RNG) in the north and Undead + Loyalists (Pffff) in the south.
Spoiler:
Cheers,
Snowman (whoever I am)
Attachments
tgt_finals_game2.gz
(50.64 KiB) Downloaded 554 times
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

The terrifying beasts from hell are dead!
Their brutal force was no match for the skill and experience of the earth champions!

Rusty Noob Gamers (Dauntless and Snowman) beat Pffffff F.C. (Danniel_BR and Nanrage) 2:0 and claim the title of The Grand Tag IV Champions! Congratulations!

And let's not forget the vice-champions of the TGT IV - Pffffff F.C. Congratulations to you guys, as well!

I hope everyone had at least half as much fun as I did during this edition of The Grand Tag. I'd like to thank everyone who's helped me in organisation: vice-admin dark tutor advisor alpha1 for his support, motivation and backing me up. Dauntless, for advices and helping me to get this all going, Sulik for creating and updating the TGT tournament table, Abstract for help in refereeing, especially during the first round, tekelili for making the awesome opening and closing ceremony, all participants and observers, and last but not least, my teammate, Ethelbert, aka Batman.

I'm attaching the replay of the closing ceremony. Alpha1 would like to show you his poetic skills, so please read the observers chat!

Thanks once again, and hopefully, see you all next year 8)

Cheers,
The biggest 2v2 games enthusiast around
Attachments
TGT_Closing_Ceremony_replay.gz
(94.4 KiB) Downloaded 602 times
alpha1

Re: The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 4th edition

Post by alpha1 »

Glory for the Champions of the TGT!

Artists impression: RNG winning their games.

As expected, a superb performance from Daunt both during the tournament and during the last game (although obs did question your glider move :P), and also many thanks to Snowman (whoever he might be), who agreed to jump in in the mid of the tournament and ensured that RNG would stay in the TGT and even become the Champions of the 4th Edition!

Pffff F.C. well played guys and congrats on achieving the finals on your first try! This is by no means a trivial task, some of the TGT-admin teams (let's call this team "CDeath", because it's her name), didn't manage to advance past the 1st round in all the 3 TGTs they participated in. :D So good job and better luck next time.
Spoiler:
Oh and since the new champs asked me, during the crowning ceremony, to write a heroic poem in honor of their victory, here it is (omg updated version!):

Violets are red
Roses are blue
'Sup Dauntless
And Snowman too

Dwarves are manly
Elvish statues aren't
Thanks me a lot
For this awesome TGT that I organised for you guys (oh and you did well too, Dunno).

The last two lines contain some experimental, cutting edge, post-modern rhymes that might be hard to recognise at first, but i'm sure you will be able to see them after reading those lines for a few more times, and once you see them you will be just like: WOW!!! (promise ^_^ )

But seriously, I think Dunno did a great job organising the TGT (I doubt there would be another one without his initiative) and I'm glad I had the opportunity to help him out during its first half. Perhaps this will even be the beginning of the TGT generation transfer? Old players, no matter how good or dedicated they used to be can't stay here forever, an influx of fresh blood and new people taking over the responsibilities is necessary... otherwise everything becomes stagnant at best, dies out at worst.

This said, I would also like to thank tekelili for coding the blockbuster edition of our opening/closing ceremony and ofc all the participants: Without you we wouldn't have had this TGT guys :)

cheers,
alpha1 out