[Complete] Standard Wesnoth Tournament

Moderator: Forum Moderators

The_Afterman

[Complete] Standard Wesnoth Tournament

Post by The_Afterman »

Format
Single Elimination - Default Era - 1v1 - 1.10.6 - One game to determine the winner each round. Players can choose Random, or a faction of their choice right before the start of the game. Map settings will be used.

Maps
I will hand choose some default multiplayer maps after seeing how many are signed up. Round 1 will have the same map for each game, round 2 a different map, etc.

Timer
3:00 will be the default timer for the tournament. The players can change this if they mutually decide on something else, different amount of time or no timer.

Various Rules
- Each round will take place over one week. If one game per week is too much to ask, don't sign up. Un-done games will be decided by who seems to try getting the game done more.
- Post the time & date of when your game will take place here, as decided by you & your opponent so observers can be ready to watch the fun.
- No cheating, poor behavior, etc.
- Place 'SWT' & Round # into the game title so potential observers can find it easily.
- One of the players must post the replay here and announce who won. Can put these into spoilers to protect the results for those who didn't watch live.
- There will be a 3rd place game for the final week alongside the championship game. The 3rd place player will be titled Spearman, 2nd place Pikeman, 1st place Halberdier.

Registration
- Can sign up by posting your wish to enter here on this thread along with your official forum & server nickname.
- Can start registering immediately.
- Open to any forum members
- Registration ends 6-1-2013
- Bracket will be released on 6-1-2013
- Round 1 will begin 6-1-2013, Round 2 will begin 6-10-2013, etc.
Last edited by The_Afterman on June 1st, 2013, 9:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
UK1

Re: Standard Wesnoth Tournament

Post by UK1 »

Uhm... sure, I'll do it. I don't think you've given enough time for people to sign up, though... given that people don't necessarily check this regularly and might still be active players.

I go by "Ukraneean" on the MP server.
"Hey you, bats should be nerfed."
"Why?"
"Because I lost a game to bat swarm and I'm bitterUhm... clarity... and... consistency? Yeah yeah that sounds good. Clarity and consistency."
Do not. Nerf. The bat.
The_Afterman

Post by The_Afterman »

Pushing the registration period up one week 'til may 26th. Guess default wesnoth isn't as loved as I thought. :lol2:
Anonymus

Post by Anonymus »

I guess you posted it into the wrong forum thread, there are only a few people reading this part of the forum.
Evolve Cloning Era, done by me
We are anonymous, we are legion.
We will not forgive, we will not forget.
Expect us.
TheEmptyLord

Post by TheEmptyLord »

Yeah, didn't notice this thread until you linked it elsewhere. This index is labeled "Multiplayer Development", so it's more for the creation of add-ons for multiplayer than for things like tournaments and setting up games.

That aside, I'd like to participate.

My server nick is the same as my forrum nick: TheEmptyLord
The_Afterman

Post by The_Afterman »

Can a mod move the thread to a better place then, please? :)
Signing myself up btw. :geek:
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Note that most (if not all) of the previous tournaments have been organized and discussed in Multiplayer Development instead of Users’ Forum.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
TheEmptyLord

Post by TheEmptyLord »

Ah, didn't realize that, sorry. Just seems odd. It's not the kind of place people would look at unless they are designing an Add-on for multiplayer, and there are quite a few good players who don't. Anyhow.
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

The 3min timer might be part of the reason for the low sign up. 5min timer is standard in most MP games. A 3min timer could be fun to try out and it depends what you're trying to do, but I thought you should know.

When I'm starting a tournament I often host a game in the wesnoth lobby with title:
1v1 Wesnoth Tournament: SWT, check forums for info!
or something like that. A lot of people in the MP lobby might not check the forums regularly but would play in a tournament if they knew about it.

For me, I'm still recuperating from TAF, maybe that's another factor limiting people to sign up.
The_Afterman

Post by The_Afterman »

Pushing it ahead to june 3rd, for the last time... :hmm:
alexanderthegre

Post by alexanderthegre »

I guess it won't hurt to sign up. I'm a little rusty, but you never know...
The_Afterman

Post by The_Afterman »

Thank you. ^_^
Now we at least have 4...
The_Afterman

Post by The_Afterman »

Okay here is the bracket...start immediately. Let's finish by next Sunday the 9th, at the latest. :)
This round is one game on the map 'Caves of the Basilisk'

The_Afterman

Post by The_Afterman »

GG's
alexanderthegre

Post by alexanderthegre »

Here's a replay. (Pretty sure this is the right one...)
Attachments
replay.gz
replay
(49.54 KiB) Downloaded 550 times