IOS App bundle

All questions/issues/feedback for the iOS version of Wesnoth belong here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Droggz

IOS App bundle

Post by Droggz »

Hello,
I have the 1.10 version of Wesnoth and wanted to upgrade to the 1.14 version. In the App Store it says there should be a free upgrade to the newer version but the only option in the bundle costs $4. Is this an error or intentional and the upgrade is no longer free?
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: IOS App bundle

Post by Pentarctagon »

Moved to iOS Support.
Droggz wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 11:40 pm Hello,
I have the 1.10 version of Wesnoth and wanted to upgrade to the 1.14 version. In the App Store it says there should be a free upgrade to the newer version but the only option in the bundle costs $4. Is this an error or intentional and the upgrade is no longer free?
What's been reported a few times is that it can take a bit for the button to update for whatever reason, so most likely if you wait on that screen for a couple minutes the button should fix itself and you'll be able to get the 1.14 version for free.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Droggz

Post by Droggz »

Pentarctagon wrote: July 4th, 2020, 4:39 am Moved to iOS Support.
Droggz wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 11:40 pm Hello,
What's been reported a few times is that it can take a bit for the button to update for whatever reason, so most likely if you wait on that screen for a couple minutes the button should fix itself and you'll be able to get the 1.14 version for free.
Thanks for the tip, I did try this several times waiting for about 15 minutes but the price never changes. It does say the bundle is normally $8 and is now $4 but they may just be from me already owning the legacy version. Any additional help fixing this matter would be greatly as I really enjoy the game and have been playing since 2007 and am unable to play on PC currently.
singalen
iOS Port Maintainer

Post by singalen »

May I ask you to attach a screenshot of a bundle and of the 1.10 App Store page?
Also, what is your iOS version?
We may need it for a support request to Apple.
There is no plan to change the bundle. Hope the users would be able to upgrade forever.
Droggz

Post by Droggz »

I have IOS 13.5 right now.
singalen
iOS Port Maintainer

Post by singalen »

We got a report that the problem may fix itself in a few days. Did this by chance happen to you?

They say that in a similar cases, Apple support recommended users to contact the iTunes Support directly, referring to a case number.
Our Apple Developer Support case number is 101137386926.