Roll 2 Dodge: Wesnoth Forums Edition

This is the place for forum games, not discussing games (Off-Topic), games development (Games Development), or Wesnoth (all other forums above).

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dragonchampion

Roll 2 Dodge: Wesnoth Forums Edition

Post by Dragonchampion »

Spoiler:
This is an interesting, fun Role play that has over 200 pages in this thread, and was thinking we could have some fun here, on the Wesnoth forums.

6 players play at a time, and there iwll be a waiting list. When someone dies, then someone on the waiting list is allowed to join.

Alternate Rules:
You may have a max of 3 powers. If you forget one, you may get another.
You may get a new power at any time besides combat. Gaining a power requires meditation and access to the element of the power. Also, failing at trying to get the power means you will NEVER be granted that power and you CANNOT attempt it again.

You may not have any of the following powers:
Time Control/Manipulation
Invulnerablity
Godliness
Zelidokinesis http://psi.wikia.com/wiki/Zelidokinesis
Space Manipulation (The ability to alter dimensions; NOT the ability to manipulate solar energy, that is alright)
(I will add more game breaking abilities as they come up. If you are having trouble thinking of an ability, there are plenty located here.)

So, who is up to join? Like I said, max 6 players at a time, First come first server basis. Wanna play? Post here.

I will be following a once a day minimum for these updates. If I do not post once a day, something has gone wrong, and expect a roll and an explanation any time. If a Player does not do his action by the time 24 hours rolls around from the last roll, then they are removed and the next person in line plays.

Setting: You begin on a large, deserted Oil platform. No one sees any type of life at the moment, but hundreds of cargo crates are strewn around the top of the Oil Platform.

GAME BEGINS 8/25/2010 REGARDLESS OF AMOUNT OF PLAYERS

Currently Playing
Wesfreak
creonto
Shakenspear

Dead
ShadoWkilleR
PeterPorty
Lightfighter
Golden Soldier
Daravel

Removed from Inactivity
Midnight_Carnival
JackBarber
Reepurr
bigkahuna
IPS
styles1005
Captain_Wrathbow
Reepurr
Groznij
its_crunchtime
PeterPorty
NuclearWorm

Waiting List
Chatix
Frogger5
M4ximusJR
tomrot
Drakefriend
Last edited by Dragonchampion on September 5th, 2011, 12:52 pm, edited 56 times in total.
Ehhhh... don't mind me, I'm just the annoying little modder who gets on peoples nerves. I'll just lurk till Someone says my name. :P

Oh, and also Creator of The War Of Terrador
Development Team
Battle for Wesnoth

Re: Roll 2 Dodge: The Forum Game Sensation!

Post by Development Team »

This topic was pruned on May 17th 2011 22:00 UTC around 2199 posts, ~147 pages. Please contact Dragonchampion if you need the archives.
[Edit: Dragonchampion is incommunicado, so if you’re interested in the archives, find them here instead. — 8680]
Dragonchampion

Re: Roll 2 Dodge: Wesnoth Forums Edition

Post by Dragonchampion »

Sur.nhm
Try as you might, your powers will not improve themselves. The only thing you manage to gain from practice is a slightly annoyed attitude.

Effects:
THOR class Armorsuit (Active)

Abilities:
Multiplication and Division of Objects (Can divide things by 3 max, and can multiply by 3 max)
Telekinesis
Master Vitakenisis (Can heal any wounds)
Master Regeneration (Can regenerate own limbs, heal cuts, and any wounds within 2 turns.)
Make Self Transparent
THOR Class Armorsuit (reacts to commands, abilities unknown)

Inventory:
Dual Energy Bolt Pistols (Infinite Ammo)

Creonto
Scientist Report 11D-575
The mutagenic properties of the mutagen are astounding. They can transform prisoners of war into deadly, efficient soldiers that fear nothing. However, after a few months of being subjected to the mutagen, they seem to... degenerate. They turn into mindless beasts... there is no other way to describe it. Their powers, however, triplefold, which makes me think that if I can find a way to remove the feral tendencies...

First tests are failures, at the very least. The people I subjected the enhanced mutagen to managed to turn feral in three days- three days! This is troubling... the only thing that I added into the mixture was an enhanced steroid. Still, the subjects that went feral, as with all of the others, was frozen in biosleep until removal. I hear that the Empire is willing to somehow use them as bioweapons... drop them into a country and let them wipe out the forces, and then follow with a mop up crew. Very interesting, they could indeed do that, but what if the soldiers cannot handle the beast when they go to "mop-up"?

I have done it! Test subject 00457D has managed to show no signs of turning feral after five weeks, well beyond the threshold of the feral tendencies. This is very good news- the subject has been put in biosleep in the Sleep Chambers in the next room. When we wake him up, we will begin to see how well he can learn skills that no human has been able to learn in centuries. Until then, me and my partners have some drinking to do!

-Arcturus Mynerlan
Head Research- Biogen Sector

Effects:
Amnesia (Lost all skills, memory, and past)

Abilities:
None

Inventory:
Force Field Generator Wristband
2 Energy Blades
1 Energy Bolt Assault Rifle (Infinite Ammo)
1 Energy Grenade Launcher (Infinite Ammo, Ammo can be used as grenades)
Energy Cannon

Zerovirus
You manage to learn basic Pyromancy quite easily, with a few tips and teaching from your golem. However, this process will take time to fully learn the ability to manipulate fire... the golem says you need to spend a few hours on it, at least, or else risk friendly "fire."

Effects:
Paralyzed Arm (Left Arm Paralyzed)
Golem Servant (Name: Aestival, Skills: Pyrokenisis)

Abilities:
Itrali Skills (Swordsmanship, Dodging, and Throwing are far above a normal person's)
Master Biomancy (Locate creatures within a 10 mile radius around yourself, can manipulate biology and cause mutations)
Cancer Needles (When shot at an organic enemy, will kill them within 2 turns. No cure. Naturally Immune from their cancer.)
Heat-Sense (Can see heat signatures from 5 feet away)
Chameleon Skin (Can turn invisible for 10 minutes out of combat or 1 minute in combat)
"Flesh Golem" (Sentient) (Can do everything a normal human can do, sentient, will give input on actions, and defend his master with his life.)

Inventory:
Energy Blade

Crunchtime
You wander down the hall until you reach the blue liquid. The liquid seems caustic, with bubbles forming within it. You also notice that there is a half-destroyed label on a piece of the container next to you:

"Mutagen X87. BIOHAZARD WARNING."

You also notice another barrel with a different label on it next to you, that has not been opened.

"Mutagen B04."

This barrel also has a shipping invoice attached to it. You take it and read it.

"Mutagen B04- Healing Elixir. Sipping to Medlab 03. Priority Delivery."

Effects:

Abilities:
Sniper (+2 to Sniper Rifle Shots)

Inventory:
Dual Energy Blades
Energy Rifle

Calypsa
You also read the papers when Creonto is done. He seems interested by your cloaking field, but says nothing about it.

Effects:
Size Level: 5.5 ( if it hits 0, Calypsa dies)
Cloak Field (Permanently On)

Abilities:
Spineshot (Can shoot spines of gel at enemies, spines become as hard as steel when they leave body)
Spine Blades on elbows (Sharp as a knife)
Gel-Absorption (Can absorb energy and creatures to gain size or heal)
Gel Body (immune to bullets)
Master Biomancy (Locate creatures within a 1 mile radius around yourself, can manipulate biology and cause mutations without harming yourself)

Inventory:
Energy Sniper Rifle (Infinite Ammo)

Jackbarber
You begin to examine the handle. It is very straneg, no handle of any weapon you have seen. It looks more like a sword handle than a gun handle, however, but with major differences, including what appears to be a large green button on the side, and a blue one underneath.

Effects:
Left Arm Torn Off (Cannot use arm, Blood blister stub (extremely painful))

Abilities:
Hawk Sight
Infrared Vision in one eye
Master Gyrokinisis (Control of gravity, cannot harm self with power.)
Martial Arts (+1 To dodging and hand to hand combat)
Martial Proficiency (Instead of just dodging, successful dodges also counterattack)
Simple Regeneration (Will heal a little faster than normal)
Mind Master (Can activate "Mind Master" mode which allows you to psychically influence things around you as if you had the following abilities: Master Telekenisis, Advanced Terra- Pyro- Aqua- and Airkenisis, and Metallokenisis (Influence metal). However, when you go out of this ability, you are stunned for 2 turns.

Inventory:
Hyser Bolt Pistol
4 Energy Blades

Wesfreak
You attempt to hack into the terminal. However, you suddenly receive massive feedback as a blast of retaliatory technokenisis hits you, and with no technokenisis to defend yourself, your systems are overwhelmed.

"WARNING. MAJOR MALFUNCTION."

You quickly disengage from the terminal, but the damage has been done. Your servomotors are disabled, preventing movement, and also your abilitys have been diabled as well. You are, essentially, trapped within your own mind.

Perhaps you shouldn't have tried to hack into a system controlled by a sentient AI...

You also notice that somehow, the Medibots have disappeared as well.

Effects:
Metal Body (Immune to normal bullets)
Disabled (Must be repaired by a Technokenisis user)
Technokenisis Jammed (Cannot use Technokenisis)
Shield Generator Overload (Overloaded; will not work without repairing. Will meltdown if used again.)

Abilities (DISABLED):
Technokenisis (Manipulation ability over robotics and mechanics.)
Technical Readouts (Can see detailed descriptions about anything in your databank, which includes most items made by the Empire)
Weapon Manufacturing Core (Can shut down systems to temporarily manufacture weapons from raw materials (Ores, metal sheets, scrap metal.) that you find. Can make any weapon in the above list of weapons.)
Reassembly Initiative (Will reassemble parts if dis-assembled. Will not occur if main processor is destroyed)
Force Field Proficiency (Less chance to harm self with generated shields, cannot harm self with basic shields (anti-melee or anti-laser or anti-bullet)

Inventory (INACCESSIBLE):
Energy Blades (Attached to wrists, perfect melee weapons)
Laser Cannon (Shoulder-Mounted)
Laser Turret (Shoulder-Mounted, medium damage laser blasts)
Desert Eagle (Arm-Mounted, infinite ammo)
Shoulder-Mounted Pierce Cannon (Can shoot flesh-based enemies in a straight line and hit all of them.)
Internal Force Field Generator (Can create Force Fields)
7 Desert Eagles
3 Laser Cannons
3 Piercing Assault Rifles
2 Laser Rifles
1 Energy Blades
Ehhhh... don't mind me, I'm just the annoying little modder who gets on peoples nerves. I'll just lurk till Someone says my name. :P

sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

Look around for useful equipment.
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.
ShadoWKilleR

Post by ShadoWKilleR »

> Look for more information about Test subject 00457D, preferably go to said "Next room" and release him.

Am I made FROM mutagen or am I like these mutagen experiments?
creonto

Post by creonto »

Go with ShadoWKiller into the next room and assist with the revival of Test subject 00457D
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

Guys... tell everyone you know about this. Spread the word.

****ing scum caring more about money than life...

http://technorati.com/lifestyle/article ... -has-been/

Moderator Emeritus

Post by 8680 »

Dragonchampion wrote:Guys... tell everyone you know about this. Spread the word.

****ing scum caring more about money than life...

http://technorati.com/lifestyle/article ... -has-been/
Read everything, and don't believe everything you read.
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

Agreed.

Dragon, my technokinesis is not blocked. It was unblocked about three rolls ago.

Nevermind, reread the last few rolls.

But what about my epic antivirus system that I made?
its_crunchtime

Post by its_crunchtime »

If the article is true, and not riddled with hyperbole, then that is despicable.

Back to the game...
Further examine both mutagen barrels, and search for a way to safely store some from each container in a portable container.
What would you attempt to do if you could not fail?
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

You really think that a sentient supercomputer that has the greatest mind of the century can be stopped by an antivirus? >.>

Oh, and I also received word that today, our thread is now 147 pages and needs to be culled. I have requested about a month to archive the thread, but after that, we will probably be starting a new thread. >.>

If anyone wants to do the archiving instead of me, PM me. That way I can continue to focus on the game itself. Otherwise... I have a lot of work to do. :P

JackBarber

Post by JackBarber »

1.. 2.. 3.. NOT IT!

Ok so...

Try and heal my arm.
"Do YOU know the muffin man?"
."Don't wake me if I'm dreaming."
.."Even words can drive a man to madness."
ShadoWKilleR

Post by ShadoWKilleR »

Not it only because I do not know how to archive.
And I don't have time.
And I don't have enough patience to do it.

Come on, 3 more people for a complete roll!
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

Thread has been archived and move is complete. =D

shakenspear

Post by shakenspear »

so where are like all those other pages that you just archived?