You've been playing Wesnoth too long when...

This is the place for forum games, not discussing games (Off-Topic), games development (Games Development), or Wesnoth (all other forums above).

Moderator: Forum Moderators

WTrawi
Location: My location is not public, but I know YOURS and I can use it against you.

Re: You've been playing Wesnoth too long when...

Post by WTrawi »

1249. When you get bored of this thread.
Not very active on the forum anymore, but I still read it, and I also still play Wesnoth and draw a bit.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

WTrawi wrote:1249. When you get bored of this thread.
Let me help with that.

1250:
plate.png
:whistle:
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Bitron
Developer

Post by Bitron »

1251. When you try to throw paper balls into a trash bin but you miss because the bin's defense is too high.
RolfDhew

Post by RolfDhew »

When you view orcs as intelligent beings instead of mind less savages lol
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

1253. When you see magenta objects as ones with TC issues.
Sudipta

Post by Sudipta »

1254: When u r afraid to go out at night because u fear shadows and nightgaunts will backstab u
1251. When you try to throw paper balls into a trash bin but you miss because the bin's defense is too high.
Lol. in that case,
1255: When u think NBA hoops have 0% defense coz players never seem to miss
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
Playing Wesnoth since 2010, still there is so much left to play
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

1256: When you've been out of the game for so long, but when you come back and starts listening to the soundtracks you feel so damn nostalgic you just can't let it go again ^_^

1257: Then, after your red mage misses 3 out of 4 fireballs against an opponent that only needs to be hit twice to be killed, you feel as angry at the RNG as ever :lol:
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
Krogen

Post by Krogen »

1258: When in paintball you tell your short, bearded friend to go to the hill, because dwarves have better defenses there.
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep." - Tywin Lannister
PastaSaucey

Post by PastaSaucey »

1259: You preform idle animations while waiting in the checkout line at a grocery store.
1260: You spell Conrad with a "K".
1261 You can't tell an internet troll apart from a Wesnoth troll.
1262: You are mad that you have so much experience at your job, and you still haven't leveled up yet …
1263: Someone stands in front of you, offering a handshake, and the 1st thing you do is check behind your back to make sure there are no backstabbers present.
1264: You're having a snowball fight, but instead of tossing chunks of snow at your friends, you are standing on the side, contemplating whether a snowball should do cold or impact damage …
1265: You step on a wallet lying on the floor and expect it's funds to be magically transferred to your bank account.
1266: You get ambushed by a little kid, and for the life of you, you just can't seem to take one step.
1267: You move closer to someone you find attractive. You get nervous, but can't seem to move away … you then blame it on his/her ZoC.

P.S. Haha, some of these follow-up posts are hilarious. And I thought no one would ever read mine. Let me know if you guys like my new ones
Last edited by PastaSaucey on December 19th, 2018, 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Think outside the quadrilateral parallelogram
josteph
Inactive Developer

Post by josteph »

1268: You try to answer the question in in 1264.
1269: You figure that you need to find a Skeleton and throw a snowball at it.
1270: You look for a skeleton in the snow.
1271: You don't find one, so you look for a drake instead.
1272: You find a drake.
Tad_Carlucci
Inactive Developer

Post by Tad_Carlucci »

1273: You realize the drake is vulnerable to snowballs but can't reach them any more due to the ZoC issue from 1267.
I forked real life and now I'm getting merge conflicts.
josteph
Inactive Developer

Post by josteph »

(skipping 1274 since PastaSaucey added a second 1268. PastaSaucey, they're good but please don't create collisions! :D )

1275: You wake up in the morning feeling dead and vacant. You move over land much faster than before, and cuts and bruises don't hurt half as much as they used to, so you start punching people so you'd feel better.
1276: Your friends don't have any meat on their bones... except that one guy who smells like he swallowed a Saurian village.
1277: You prefer punching one Grand Marshal to three fresh recruits.
1278: You punched everyone's lights out, and now it's night and nobody sees you.
1279: As the sun rises you go into a building. You won't leave the building until sunset, because that would spoil the effect.
1280: It's midday and the day has become foggy, so you go take three steps outside the building, one step sideways, and three steps back to the building.
Spoiler:
Shiki
Developer

Post by Shiki »

1273: You realize the drake is vulnerable to snowballs but can't reach them any more due to the ZoC issue from 1267.
You check the issue tracker for #1267
Try out the dark board theme.
PastaSaucey

Post by PastaSaucey »

josteph wrote: December 14th, 2018, 4:50 pm (skipping 1274 since PastaSaucey added a second 1268. PastaSaucey, they're good but please don't create collisions! :D )
Oops, sorry I wasn't paying a10tion :oops: . Fixed it!

1281: You let out a deep rolling laugh when you realize that the idiot that confronted you has no mele weapon.
1282: You catch a cold and all you can think is "Oh, if only I were an ancient lich, this wouldn't be a problem!"
1283: You want to marry an elf and move to Lintar.
1284: Your dating profile is as follows: "I have 6+ mp, 35+ hp, I am quick, intelligent, strong, resilient, and healthy and I am a master marksman."
1285: Someone cuts in front of you in line and you call him/her a Saurian Skirmisher.
1286: To test your theory in 1264, you take one Drake and one Skeleton and see which one does more damage.
Think outside the quadrilateral parallelogram
sunset

Post by sunset »

1287: You've been playing Wesnoth too long when... You start a Isar's cross and after some turns you already saw that situation