You've been playing Wesnoth too long when...

This is the place for forum games, not discussing games (Off-Topic), games development (Games Development), or Wesnoth (all other forums above).

Moderator: Forum Moderators

The_Gnat

Re: You've been playing Wesnoth too long when...

Post by The_Gnat »

ForestDragon wrote: December 9th, 2019, 12:36 pm Both actually happened to me back in the day :P seems like I have play wesnoth too long after all...
Yes, the first is definitely the hall mark of someone who spends too much time developing add-ons for wesnoth :lol: :D

Recently I have managed to clear off my desktop but not quite my documents folder... ;)
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

The_Gnat wrote: December 10th, 2019, 2:03 am Yes, the first is definitely the hall mark of someone who spends too much time developing add-ons for wesnoth :lol: :D
Indeed.
gaojicainiao

Post by gaojicainiao »

m1311: When finally you learn that some dreams you can see clearly are not attainable from wesnoth. :lol: :lol: :lol:
(An old picture from Chinese player, I don't know if this fixed.)
ForPeace

Post by ForPeace »

1312: you just come there to revive the thread
Polish BfW fansite | Polish BfW translation | My Ladder profile

"When I say I've been playing for 10 years people come saying they've played for 15 years and that I know nothing about this game because I didn't use to play when the TRUE pros were playing xD" ~Hejnewar
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

1313: When it's been 13 years since you first played this game, and you not only still play it, but still develops add-ons for it (and look, I'm post number 1313, how fitting) :P
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
gabe

Post by gabe »

You pop back in after an absence and realize this thread still exists in some form.
happy timezone traveler
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

1315: When you browse the wesnoth forum just for old times sake. And you've been playing wesnoth for as long as this thread has existed.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

gabe wrote: March 31st, 2021, 7:17 am You pop back in after an absence and realize this thread still exists in some form.
Damn gabe! 13 years later :D its like saying hi to the past!

Tbh when I look at the thousands of posts I have on this forum it does sometimes feel like I'm looking through a strange window into the past. :roll: 8)
Andvari

Post by Andvari »

1316: You are afraid of using public toilets because there's a sign warning you about walking corpses right next to them.
The weird thing about people is that they think it's good to be normal.
Danwar

Post by Danwar »

1317: When a bear approaches your tent while you're camping, you fight it from within your tent assuming that your injuries will be healed by the afternoon and 60% of its strikes will miss you completely.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Danwar wrote: November 2nd, 2021, 9:18 pm 1317: When a bear approaches your tent while you're camping, you fight it from within your tent assuming that your injuries will be healed by the afternoon and 60% of its strikes will miss you completely.
Hahaha :shock: :whistle: :lol:
Stereo

Post by Stereo »

Hello, I have 2; 1318: You can talk in various languages because you played the game in Chinese, English, Italian, etc.
1319: You put in your curriculum (CV) that you are a polyglot thanks to Wesnoth.
Tarcil

Post by Tarcil »

1320 when the latin translation of 1.10 actually saved your ass in the latin curriculum ^^
Creator of "In Defense of Kharos" viewtopic.php?t=56628
Stereo

Post by Stereo »

Jajaja good one.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

I have sadly not picked up any helpful languages from wesnoth! But I can speak a little bit of infernal now :P