Help find an addon

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Uncle_Sam

Help find an addon

Post by Uncle_Sam »

I remember playing in the past an addon/era where the magical units gained extended magical abilities on right click. At start you distributed points in your leader skillset and you gained more as you gained XP. Magic on right click was split into multiple schools, e.g. there was summoning magic (self-evident), druidic magic (revolving around controlling map by turning tiles into forest, summoning woses, healing), necromancy (revolving around poisoning tiles, summoning undead, you could eventually turn into a lich and become immortal - respawn from death as long as your phylactery remained intact), many other schools. Closest thing I've managed to find right now was "Leader Magic Mod" by Xara but this one is much more simplified. Another distinctive feature of the addon was mage customization where you could select color of robes, haircut etc. You could also get more than one unit with extended magic but it required getting a disciple or something like that, disciples were different from other adepts and mages.

I cant remember the name, but until today I was SURE it was Era of Magic, I even remember playing several times on EoMa zombie survival map with that addon, however I couldnt find anything about extended magic in the latest EoMa custom options and I distinctly remember that the addon worked irregardless of the recruits you had, it only affected leader and disciples while the recruits I played with were generally from default era.
Uncle_Sam

Re: Help find an addon

Post by Uncle_Sam »

Asked on IRC, people responded. Its https://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?p=629543 (Era of High Sorcery), remained unported since 1.12.
shevegen

Post by shevegen »

Glad you already got an answer. I constantly forget the names of addons ... wish there would be simpler
means to help people remember. :D

Like query the interface via more queries like "has unique abilities: yes/no" and such.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Uncle_Sam wrote: June 27th, 2021, 3:29 pm Asked on IRC, people responded. Its https://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?p=629543 (Era of High Sorcery), remained unported since 1.12.
you sort of got the author of that add-on to start the porting process for 1.16.x for EoHS. You can join the playtests if you want.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Locked at the author's request.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code