Most humorous factions/eras?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Most humorous factions/eras?

Post by Atreides »

Inspired by a recent thread re: Humor Campaign I wonder what the most humour filled factions/eras might be? In concept, descriptions, artwork, anything...

I'll start it off with a few factions that caught my eye:

Default Rats (Rajovites) - an all rat faction, pretty funny concept
Avian Tribes - an all bird faction with quite funny unit descriptions and names
patience_reloaded

Re: Most humorous factions/eras?

Post by patience_reloaded »

- Era of Worms, an era with 5 factions consisting of various kinds of worms. Can also be played together with default era, it has a feature for that. Says that default era is stronger.
- Era of Music (not sure about the name): A bunch of instruments from an orchestra fighting each other, 4 factions iirc.
- If you don't hate math: Era of Math. Funny idea maybe, but... it's only got three units in a single faction, so not a lot of content.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

patience_reloaded wrote: May 25th, 2021, 8:18 am - If you don't hate math: Era of Math. Funny idea maybe, but... it's only got three units in a single faction, so not a lot of content.
Is that a typo? Did you mean to write "in a single fraction,"?
patience_reloaded

Post by patience_reloaded »

Atreides wrote: May 25th, 2021, 4:33 pm
patience_reloaded wrote: May 25th, 2021, 8:18 am - If you don't hate math: Era of Math. Funny idea maybe, but... it's only got three units in a single faction, so not a lot of content.
Is that a typo? Did you mean to write "in a single fraction,"?
Err, let me check...

:shock: You seem to be actually right!
Era_of_Maths_Fractions.PNG
For the website admins: I made this screenshot with browser developer tools. There's not typo, don't worry.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

Oh no, the puns appear to be multiplying!
shevegen

Post by shevegen »

Hmm. I mostly think some sprites to be hilarious. In particular fat dragons that
stand on the ground! :D

The old orc grunt unit also looked hilarious. Of course many sprites improved a lot
and look awesome.

The mathematic fractions idea probably gets 10/10. So if that is era of math then
this probably gets the cake. I haven't checked it out... I tend to be too conservative
in what I want to play. :P