Mainline campaign inclusions?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

shevegen

Mainline campaign inclusions?

Post by shevegen »

I think I asked this, or a related question before.

A few add-ons I always thought could be included into the mainline campaigns, such
as the one with Grogg or whatever the name of the troll was. I assume it may not be
trivial to add more campaigns to the mainline, due to maintainers. Is there some kind
of "necessary pre-conditions" for campaigns to be considered for inclusion into the
mainline? Because the thing is that some of the add-ons are really epic, whereas the
mainline campaigns are not quite as interesting; but I also understand that not
all add-ons can be included either, due to lore-problems, or sheer size and volume
to maintain (especially when the authors are no longer active). I reckon smaller
and shorter campaigns should be more easily "integrable" though, so this thread
is sort of an attempt to get some feedback on what people would have to consider
for mainline inclusion.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: Mainline campaign inclusions?

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

You can read this and find out what the campaign needs to have to be of mainline quality: https://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=16233

Campaigns centered around Dunefolk and Drakes might be given higher preference.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: December 11th, 2020, 1:27 pm You can read this and find out what the campaign needs to have to be of mainline quality: https://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=16233

Weeell not to advertise my own campaigns, but Soldier of Wesnoth features the Dunefolk heavily - plus it weaves together a lot of other mainline campaigns and characters. I actually asked some folks what it'd need to be mainlined; I don't even remember what I was told, but then I went on a looong wesbreak so I can't complain it never got a chance at mainlining T.T

Soldier of Wesnoth sorely needs a little updating, though... Plus I need to speak with the guy who was maintaining it. Need to thank him for taking care of it while I was away ^^''
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
Computer_Player
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by Computer_Player »

revansurik wrote: February 4th, 2021, 6:33 am
Lord-Knightmare wrote: December 11th, 2020, 1:27 pm You can read this and find out what the campaign needs to have to be of mainline quality: https://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=16233

Weeell not to advertise my own campaigns, but Soldier of Wesnoth features the Dunefolk heavily - plus it weaves together a lot of other mainline campaigns and characters. I actually asked some folks what it'd need to be mainlined; I don't even remember what I was told, but then I went on a looong wesbreak so I can't complain it never got a chance at mainlining T.T

Soldier of Wesnoth sorely needs a little updating, though... Plus I need to speak with the guy who was maintaining it. Need to thank him for taking care of it while I was away ^^''

Neat I'll try this out. Does this use the 1.15 ish Dunefolk? or Khalifate?
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Computer_Player wrote: February 5th, 2021, 2:39 am
revansurik wrote: February 4th, 2021, 6:33 am

Neat I'll try this out. Does this use the 1.15 ish Dunefolk? or Khalifate?
It uses a rather old version of the Khalifate (like I said, it desperately needs updating ^^''), and they're antagonists rather than player faction...
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)