Mount & Blade : Battle for Wesnoth

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

HonzaCZ

Re: Mount & Blade : Battle for Wesnoth

Post by HonzaCZ »

Why WF&S?
DoDoCat

Post by DoDoCat »

HonzaCZ wrote: August 7th, 2020, 1:33 pm Why WF&S?
WFaS has Captain Coop mode, and I also have some warband mods, so I hope I can create one nice mod for WFaS
DoDoCat

Post by DoDoCat »

And I will create one version for Warband which will include the drawfs
DoDoCat

Post by DoDoCat »

20201008 Update:
Add Wesnoth Halberdier
Freem

Post by Freem »

I don't think about myself about "being part of the community" because, basically, I'm just a random player and whinner. But I may give some help (as a dev, and thus **IANAL** (means **I AM NOT A damn LAWYER**) on GPL stuff:

This licence is unclear because it relies on technical limitations, like "linking" (which makes sense for devs because it's a technical step, but outside of our world, it's irrelevant). But it also says, IIRC, that it's only "contagious" if the dependency is a *needs* it. So, I'd suppose for artworks, it just can't be applied. Well, at least, if you use the artwork, you need to provide the source code of the artwork. Or a link to it (you can require money to provide access to the source, IIRC).

And as a final phrase, let me say that: no file format is under GPL. So, there just can't be any meaningful good point to put graphical assets under GPL. Also, you'd need to define what's the source code, for an image.
DoDoCat

Post by DoDoCat »

Freem wrote: October 9th, 2020, 9:32 am I don't think about myself about "being part of the community" because, basically, I'm just a random player and whinner. But I may give some help (as a dev, and thus **IANAL** (means **I AM NOT A damn LAWYER**) on GPL stuff:

This licence is unclear because it relies on technical limitations, like "linking" (which makes sense for devs because it's a technical step, but outside of our world, it's irrelevant). But it also says, IIRC, that it's only "contagious" if the dependency is a *needs* it. So, I'd suppose for artworks, it just can't be applied. Well, at least, if you use the artwork, you need to provide the source code of the artwork. Or a link to it (you can require money to provide access to the source, IIRC).

And as a final phrase, let me say that: no file format is under GPL. So, there just can't be any meaningful good point to put graphical assets under GPL. Also, you'd need to define what's the source code, for an image.
I just want to use the music even sound, I will keep separated with the module.
I will create the 3d assets one by one
shevegen

Post by shevegen »

I like the idea. In general I like it when people are creative and try to explore new avenues.

For example there was another guy who tried to explore water-based scenarios / campaigns
and unit types. Here the rider / mount scenario. Undead cavalry for the win! Ride these
pesky human villages down!!!

I haven't yet tried it; I kind of play wesnoth intensively, then make a long break, then come
back again and see what is new. Would be great if the add-on interface could also have
some search-term functionality e. g. "mount" or something like that to find it (because I
tend to forget so quickly too ... too much multi-tasking, and getting too old as well ...)
DoDoCat

Post by DoDoCat »

shevegen wrote: December 11th, 2020, 11:41 am I like the idea. In general I like it when people are creative and try to explore new avenues.

For example there was another guy who tried to explore water-based scenarios / campaigns
and unit types. Here the rider / mount scenario. Undead cavalry for the win! Ride these
pesky human villages down!!!

I haven't yet tried it; I kind of play wesnoth intensively, then make a long break, then come
back again and see what is new. Would be great if the add-on interface could also have
some search-term functionality e. g. "mount" or something like that to find it (because I
tend to forget so quickly too ... too much multi-tasking, and getting too old as well ...)
Yeah!!!!
DoDoCat

Post by DoDoCat »

I have added the feature list and progress showcase:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/mount-blade- ... d-progress
DoDoCat

Post by DoDoCat »

Actually I want to make it as Bannerlord version, but my modelling skill is poor, so I just can make it as WB engine
DoDoCat

Post by DoDoCat »

New Progress:

Royal Guard Uniform:

Fencer Uniform
DoDoCat

Post by DoDoCat »

I have updated the thread!
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

As long as there's no conflict between your mod and the GPL (or the Creative Commons BY SA 4.0 for just Return to Wesnoth), then yes.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
DoDoCat

Post by DoDoCat »

Pentarctagon wrote: August 6th, 2021, 5:39 pm As long as there's no conflict between your mod and the GPL (or the Creative Commons BY SA 4.0 for just Return to Wesnoth), then yes.
OK, Thanks
DoDoCat

Post by DoDoCat »

Pentarctagon wrote: August 6th, 2021, 5:39 pm As long as there's no conflict between your mod and the GPL (or the Creative Commons BY SA 4.0 for just Return to Wesnoth), then yes.
What do you guys think of this mod? I think you guys talk about Wesnoth for Mount&Blade before