Gathering data for own/edit: name of arch mage.

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

SkyOne

Gathering data for own/edit: name of arch mage.

Post by SkyOne »

Hi, It is very nice to see a new forum. If I am posting wrong place, please move this. (edit: moved from Writer's Forum. Thanks, Turuk?)
To the east lie the Unaligned Tribes of the Wild Steppe, who fell out of the control of the Clannate, instead roaming with wild human barbarians and clashing with the High Elves of the North Plains (known as North Elves in human lands). The High Elves themselves reside further east, where it is rumored they rule a vast kingdom.
This line is from the Geography of Wesnoth at far north. If anybody knows where or how the rumor of the High Elves came from, I would like to know about it. I do not know much about the High Elves (according to Wikipedia, they are just from other video game(s).), but they are kinds of related to the campaign I am creating. I played all campaigns in the default, and more than fifteen of UMC; however, I have never hard about them.
Last edited by SkyOne on April 12th, 2009, 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
cool evil

Re: Gathering data for own/origin of the rumor

Post by cool evil »

You mean the north elves? I don't recall them in releases before 1.4 because i'm sure someone has edited the official wesnoth map to include a bunch of forest up in the north. That's why you haven't seen them much despite playing so much of the mainline stuff.

The north elves has a lot to do with Kalenz, who is a major character in several campaigns, including the Legend of Wesmere and Heir to the Throne. You can learn pretty much all there is to know about the north elves in campaigns that include Kalenz. Long story short, i think they are elves that moved from Wesmere and settled in the north, but they still retain the same characteristics and connection as with the common elves.

P.S: i don't know how they got the name "high elves", but it's probably because they're "high" up in the maps. Not sure how that would work, but i'm just someone who has played only since 0.9 so you're better off asking the more experienced players around here.
Have no fear, Vlad is here!
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Okay. Thanks, cool evil.
So the definition of High Elves in Wesnoth, including far north are equal to the north elves which are also equal to regular elves from Wesmere Forest. Considering this way is correct?

Is there nothing about origin of that rumor?
cool evil wrote:i'm just someone who has played only since 0.9 so you're better off asking the more experienced players around here.
Well, I think that you are experienced enough to tell me advise.:smile:
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

There used to be plans to add a "High Elves" faction, and they were tentatively placed on that part of the map of the Great Continent, but that plan fell by the wayside and I'm pretty sure that line on the WesnothGeography page is just something no one's bothered to remove yet.

(If you're interested in what ended up happening to the High Elven faction, they're still around; I stuck them in the Feudal Era which is set in an entirely different universe than the mainline Wesnoth campaigns.)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Turin wrote:There used to be plans to add a "High Elves" faction, and they were tentatively placed on that part of the map of the Great Continent, but that plan fell by the wayside and I'm pretty sure that line on the WesnothGeography page is just something no one's bothered to remove yet.
Ooh, this is the perfect answer regarding to my question. You make me so clear. :smile: Thanks, Turin.
Turin wrote:If you're interested in what ended up happening to the High Elven faction, they're still around; I stuck them in the Feudal Era which is set in an entirely different universe than the mainline Wesnoth campaigns.
Thanks, also. the High Elves appear just on the dialog in mine, right now. The leader unit after my fourth scenario used to be a quarter high elf in my first set up, but I made back to "elves-wood" because of a lack of information. So it will be all right.:smile: I am able to move on to a next question.

P.S. I, off course, played your imperial Era campaign, Alfhelm the Wise and The Fall of Silvium. Uniquie and well-made.:smile: Some of "elves frost" and "sidhe" suppose to be in my campaign.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a next question:
The grand army of Wesnoth, personally led by the High Council of Archmagi, destroyed all enemies residing within Wesnoth.
This line is from the History of Wesnoth in 161~164YW. Does anyone know the name the Arch-mage? or could anyone tell me that any campaigns exist for this matter?