Who are...

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Jozrael

Who are...

Post by Jozrael »

Delurin, Uncle Somf, Ulfdain, Warven and Eonihar.

Has HttT been expanded recently or do I just have a terrible memory.
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Who are...

Post by Iris »

Delurin: outlaw that joins you in the Isle of the Damned. He was formerly called Olurf in version 0.9.x.
Uncle Somf: the smuggler that joins you in the Dwarven Doors. He is part of an easter-egg that has been around at least since 0.9.6 (the first version I played).
Ulfdain: easter-egg added in the 1.3.x series.
Warven: ???
Eonihar: the elvish rider that was sent to locate you in Home of the North elves. Around since at least 0.9.6.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Mythological
Inactive Developer

Post by Mythological »

Ulfdain: An ulfserker who can join you in The Lost General scenario. It has been recently made loyal. Tricky to find unless you know exactly where to look for it. As Shadow Master said, added in 1.3

Warven: A sergeant who can be rescued in The Cliffs of Thoria. Then it joins you as a loyal unit. Difficult to get, but it might be worth it since it is the only unit you can have which can get level 4 leadership. Also added in 1.3
Theoretically, love is great
but it is a little bit different in practice.

Riblja Čorba - "I'll break your wings, aeroplane"
Never say never
vicza

Post by vicza »

Mythological wrote:Ulfdain: An ulfserker who can join you in The Lost General scenario. It has been recently made loyal.
Has he? In both 1.4 and 1.5 he currently has "upkeep=1"
Warven: A sergeant who can be rescued in The Cliffs of Thoria. Then it joins you as a loyal unit. Difficult to get, but it might be worth it since it is the only unit you can have which can get level 4 leadership.
But has he enough time for it?
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

Delurn: I see, another reason to take the IotD route. I always do malal just cuz its so great for prepping you for Elensefar.

Somf: I see, I've never found him or heard about him XD. Any clues as to where <.<?

Ulfdain: At least what map is he from? Or if you're feeling generous where on which map <.< xD.

How do u get the Cliffs of Thoria map? If you go north you go to the snow plains, and if you go south you go to the swamps...how do you reach the cliffs =o?

I've never been able to keep control of the elvish riders that join me in Home of the North Elves. Unless, is it only the first one you keep? It has been awhile =o
vicza

Post by vicza »

Jozrael wrote:Delurn: I see, another reason to take the IotD route. I always do malal just cuz its so great for prepping you for Elensefar.
And I never played malal. IotD is more useful, because you get Delurin, Moremirmu, outlaws, advice about the right entrance to the cave...
Somf: I see, I've never found him or heard about him XD.
You won't unless you play IotD.
Ulfdain: At least what map is he from?
He said already: the lost general.
How do u get the Cliffs of Thoria map?
Don't worry. In it's current state I doubt anyone can win this scenario. :wink:
I've never been able to keep control of the elvish riders that join me in Home of the North Elves.
It was added in 1.3, too. The first rider stays on your side and is loyal.
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

I wouldn't say theres no reason to play Malals, it provides EXCELLENT XP and gold for the upcoming level, which is rather difficult. As a comparison: for virtually no effort I usually obtain about 8 levelups and an extra couple hundred gold entering Elensefar, as well as the ability to recruit thieves. I adore my lategame assassins >:D

Oops, I missed his comment, thanks for pointing that out ^^.

I see. Pity, a sergeant made my eyes bug out. Level 4 leadership? Insanity >:D

I remember now about the rider, thank you ^^;
sam_waz_here

Post by sam_waz_here »

Are there any other easter eggs in the game because if an easter egg is a unit how will I know I found an egg and not just a storyline specific unit like the white mage or the elvish rider.
Where is the love?
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

I think thats the point of easter eggs :\. We're not supposed to be told about em, just find em thru looking =o.

<.<

<-- (Wouldn't mind exact x,y coordinates of all of them, lol).
vicza

Post by vicza »

sam_waz_here wrote:Are there any other easter eggs in the game because if an easter egg is a unit how will I know I found an egg
Units can be different... For example, Hywyn in 14th scenario is a unit, too, but he's far from being loyal. :wink:

No, I was wrong. He is loyal. Not to Konrad, unfortunately.