I will be developing new spites for the game

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mstrbld

I will be developing new spites for the game

Post by mstrbld »

i am a new member of this forum but i want to send out some new sprites to replace the old ones in the game. the game will still run on the same principles but the pictures will be replaced. i am still haveing trouble wondering what the general public will want the theme to be. :D

the way this process works is when i get a reply as to what themes people want i will chose the one people want most then i will edit the pictures and/or sounds of wesnoth and send them from my email address on msn. the game will look different on your pc but won't affect other pc's hopefully :?. i have a pretty good idea on how this works as i have done this to many games

but i need replies with themes to work with i will be making my decision in two weeks so hurry i will post these pictures on the forum

my email adress is deleted. please use the PM system

i will need your email address and the theme that you are voting for but when i am finished the theme will be ready for download on the forum the sprites will be for version 1.2
Last edited by mstrbld on January 7th, 2007, 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
a quick slice at the neck
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

well, that's interesting. Perhaps if we saw some examples of your artwork (sprite-wise or in general) we'd be interested.
Eleazar
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by Eleazar »

While you are free to make an alternate set of Wesnoth graphics, that would be a huge amount of work with relatively little exposure.
Why don't you join the team here, improving the regular game graphics, instead of trying to make an alternate theme. Take a look at the stickies in the art contributions forum: listed are things that still need work.
Feel free to PM me if you start a new terrain oriented thread. It's easy for me to miss them among all the other art threads.
-> What i might be working on
Attempting Lucidity
tokyo

Post by tokyo »

ya it be hard to make your own game just join to make this one better
:D
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

You will not be needing anyone's address.

Welcome to the forums. I am the Sith.

If what you are proposing is a simple graphical refit, it has been done. But it is very long, slow work. Spacenoth is one example, and is, in fact, the only non-fantasy/medieval mod available at this time, and is still under development.

Best post some examples before promising a total replacement. Be warned, if you did not create the graphics yourself, you will likely be banned.
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I really should push for Temuchin's brainstorming with all my might someday, when the skies are cloudy, the winds dance and the light is free to roam over the soil along the fog.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

This topic was posted a month ago, and this is the guy's only post. Rofflez that we discuss it so much.

Not out of penalty to him, or anyone, but to keep us (myself included) from wasting more time on this, I'm locking the thread. He (alone) is free to resurrect the topic.
Gus

Post by Gus »

Huh ? it was posted on thursday. (feel free to delete this message once you have taken notice of its contents ^^)

EDIT: that's Thursday GMT+1, of course ^^
Last edited by Gus on December 30th, 2006, 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hard work may pay off in the long run, but laziness always pays off right away.
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

The tag at the top wrote:osted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:31 pm Post subject: I will be developing new spites for the game
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I really should push for Temuchin's brainstorming with all my might someday, when the skies are cloudy, the winds dance and the light is free to roam over the soil along the fog.
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

It's still 2006, you know. :wink:
George Mason

Re: I will be developing new spites for the game

Post by George Mason »

mstrbld wrote:i am a new member of this forum but i want to send out some new sprites to replace the old ones in the game. the game will still run on the same principles but the pictures will be replaced. i am still haveing trouble wondering what the general public will want the theme to be. :D

the way this process works is when i get a reply as to what themes people want i will chose the one people want most then i will edit the pictures and/or sounds of wesnoth and send them from my email address on msn. the game will look different on your pc but won't affect other pc's hopefully :?. i have a pretty good idea on how this works as i have done this to many games

but i need replies with themes to work with i will be making my decision in two weeks so hurry i will post these pictures on the forum

my email adress is deleted. please use the PM system

i will need your email address and the theme that you are voting for but when i am finished the theme will be ready for download on the forum the sprites will be for version 1.2
Mr. manabuster, please submit all art you create into the "art contributions" forum. I'm sure you will revolutionize Wesnoth with your masterpieces.
Last edited by George Mason on January 7th, 2007, 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
I flew a nuclear bomb into a chasm to save all you punks, and this is the thanks I get?
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

Is it possible this guy was just trying to harvest e-mail addresses?
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Zhukov wrote:Is it possible this guy was just trying to harvest e-mail addresses?
Everything is possible.
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

Maeglin Dubh wrote:You will not be needing anyone's address.

Welcome to the forums. I am the Sith.
I suspected that. Thus my greeting.
Gus

Post by Gus »

Wow, bots become more intelligent every day. One day, they'll rule the world.
Hard work may pay off in the long run, but laziness always pays off right away.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

[sarcasm]Very intelligent, yes. Intelligent enough to be unable to write commas and uppercase I's.[/sarcasm]

It's painful for me to read texts (in any language) where there are no commas. Maybe it'd be possible to delete the thread, just in case, so no innocent is harmed by the e-mail address in question?