Scenario Review: LoW 3 - Ka'lian under Attack

Feedback for the multiplayer campaign mode for Legend of Wesmere.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Content Feedback
Battle for Wesnoth

Scenario Review: LoW 3 - Ka'lian under Attack

Post by Content Feedback »

Below is a small 'survey'. It'd be greatly appreciated if people who have played the third scenario of The Legend of Wesmere would fill it out.

(1) What difficulty levels and what version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?
(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)
(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?
(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?
(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?
(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)
(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?
(9) If you know a bit of the Wesnoth Markup Language - do you think that the WML of this scenario is clear and well commented? If not which part would you like to be documented better?
Insinuator

Re: V1.9/1.10 MP - Scenario Review: LoW 3 - Ka'lian under At

Post by Insinuator »

(1) What difficulty levels and what version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?
Normal - 1.9.4

(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)

(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?
Not as clear as they could have been. It was the tiny amount of turns at the beginning that tipped us off it was a survival match.

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?
Fairly clear. It was your typical, over-the-top, Orc vs Elf dialog.

(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?
First, it was the poison of the Orcish Assassins. Having only two villages to heal made it difficult to cure them all. Second, and this one was HUGE, my partner got disconnected somehow. The first 7 turns played out as normal, with each of us assuming control of the Elvish lords. But when it switched back to Kalenz and his buddy, I got control of both leaders. My partner could still observe and had a large amount of gold, but he could not control units. This was obviously annoying to him, even though I won.

(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)
9 at first. After the bug, 3.

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
Fix the disconnect bug.

(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?
We tried saving and restarting but it did not solve the problem.

BUG:
I'm not sure where to report this, so... My partner lost control somehow. The first 7 turns played out as normal, with each of us assuming control of the Elvish lords. But when it switched back to Kalenz and his buddy, I got control of both leaders. My partner could still observe and had a large amount of gold, but he could not control units. Also, he was still connected to the server.
Romzes

Re: V1.9/1.10 MP - Scenario Review: LoW 3 - Ka'lian under At

Post by Romzes »

(1) Normal difficulty, ver. 1.12.5.
(2) 2.
(3) Very clear.
(4) Average.
(5) Do not lose high-level troops.
(6) 8.
(7) more challenging. I suppose not too much gold on start
(8) No such event was.

Is there a bug? I and my ally had huge amount of gold (wich we spent half of it) there were quick defence, and some time I and my all were bored - none attack, peacefully explored map