Scenario Review: LoW 2 - Hostile Mountains

Feedback for the multiplayer campaign mode for Legend of Wesmere.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Content Feedback
Battle for Wesnoth

Scenario Review: LoW 2 - Hostile Mountains

Post by Content Feedback »

Hostile Mountains is the second scenario of The Legend of Wesmere. Feel free to reply to this thread and answer the following questions about it so that we know the opinion of the user base about the scenario.

(1) What difficulty levels and what version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?
(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)
(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?
(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?
(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?
(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)
(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?
(9) If you know a bit of the Wesnoth Markup Language - do you think that the WML of this scenario is clear and well commented? If not which part would you like to be documented better?
ozean

Re: V1.9/1.10 MP - Scenario Review: LoW 2 - Hostile Mountain

Post by ozean »

(1) What difficulty levels and what version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?

Normal, 2 players, 1.9.3

quite clear

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?

I always enjoy changing objectives - but maybe the dialogues could make the expected chain of events a bit clearer? Maybe I did not pay enough attention, but I did not really know which army would arrive at what point of time…

None.

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?

Make the eastern orc leader more active. Maybe make it possible to transfer one of the scouts to each leader when we arrive in the second half of the scenario. (Have them greet the incoming troop, for example.)

(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?

No. We finished quite early & with huge amounts of money even though we recruited tons of units just to get the right combinations of traits.
Insinuator

Post by Insinuator »

Normal - 1.9.4

Very.

Very clear. I thought there should have been more dialog for the Troll leader. After all, he is basically invading the Dwarves' land. Maybe some more challenging statements.

Honestly, none. This scenario was way harder when I played it singleplayer a year ago. I over-prepared this time.

8. I would say this because I like the unusual stipulation to stay off the Dwarves' land. It guides your strategy more than most campaign scenarios which tend to be glorified brawls.

As noted above, a bit more dialog for the Troll.

No.
Romzes

Post by Romzes »

(1) Normal difficulty, ver. 1.12.5.
(2) 2.
(3) Very clear.
(4) Average.
(5) Do not lose high-level troops.
(6) 7.
(7) More challenging, perhaps not so much gold from start, or less time to finish scenario.
(8) No such event was.

Is there a bug? I and my ally had huge amount of gold (wich we spent half of it) and finished this scenario by killing troll leader in half-time.