Scenario Review: DiD 8 - A Small Favor - Part II

Feedback for the mainline campaign Descent into Darkness.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mawmoocn

Re: Scenario Review: DiD 8 - A Small Favor - Part II

Post by Mawmoocn »

(1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?

1.14.13, Summoner (Difficult)

(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)

(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?

Clear

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?

Interesting, his "master" probably killed his former colleague or ""master"".
I didn't get all easter eggs on this replay because mages are powerful. It's still fun!

(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?
  • Trying to get no Bat killed but that didn't work because I got unlucky on killing Lord Karres and some Dread Bats died.
    ...but at this replay I probably shouldn't sacrifice that intelligent Blood Bat because I messed up on planning my bat attack there. Malin sacrificed his intelligence
  • Killing Mages can be hard. I needed to lure on a spacious room to kill them quick.
  • Letting his "master" kill Karres so I have no blood in my hands.
  • Keeping Malin or his "master" at full hitpoints.
(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?

Bigger, better, extravagant rooms! (I'm joking :lol:)
None

(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?
  • Dread Bat and Blood Bat deaths.
  • Trying to make Lord Karres attack Malin or his "master" so I could easily kill him like I did before on 1.12.6. That didn't work.
  • Trying to view all easter eggs in one replay but .... didn't work because Lord Karres is hard to kill due to him killing my bats .....
  • Shock Trooper pursuers.... Swordsman is close because my damage is lower than what I can drain.
  • Saving that Walking Corpse.
The reason it got harder is because of no sacrifices.

It's also weird that the melee units inside the rooms don't move, unless your in their range.

I attached two replays and I think it's possible to just kill Lord Karres but that's really so hard without losses that I gave up due to the next scenario that made it impossible not to kill anyone.
Attachments
DiD-A Small Favor — Part 2 replay.gz
(24.58 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
DiD-A Small Favor — Part 2 replay the no kill possibillity.gz
Unused branch and how it may be possible to just kill Lord Karres
(20.02 KiB) Downloaded 106 times