Scenario Review: DiD 5 - Orc War

Feedback for the mainline campaign Descent into Darkness.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: Scenario Review: DiD 5 - Schism

Post by Konrad2 »

(1) What difficulty levels have you played the scenario on?

1.15.6, Summoner (Challenging)

(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)

7, because you are pressed from all sides. I think I just got lucky this time.

(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?

Clear.

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?

Clear.

(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?

Taking down the enemy leaders, because having no Dark Adepts hurts my damage output.

(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)

7, unique in the context of this campaign as a fight scenario. :D

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?

-

Scenario stats:
Spoiler:
Attachments
DiD-Schism replay 20201118-202546.gz
(30.8 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
Mawmoocn

Re: Scenario Review: DiD 5 - Orc War

Post by Mawmoocn »

(1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?

1.14.13, Sumonner (Difficult)

(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)

(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?

Clear

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?

Err.... I prefer if he doesn't use undead.

(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?

Leveling units for a future scenario.
Keeping Dread Bats alive.

(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?

None?

Well I've looked at the 1.15.7 version and it looks easier? Haven't played though.
Because in reality, you just need Wraith tank or get lucky at Blue Orc Leader (Borth) recruits no Goblin Knight or Orcish Crossbowman and he attacks you so you can kill him fast.
Still unsure because I maximize earning experience on the scenario before this to get 2 Dread bats, 1 upgraded master (Necromancer) and 4 Blood Bats

(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?
  • I got tired on trying to save all Blood Bats that I just let them go become Dead Bats.
  • I tried to not kill Borth so he summons mobs for me to kill, but I can't kill all mobs that way so he had to perish.
  • I also tried not to kill Borth (again) but kill P'Gareth (Green Orc Leader) so it may get easier to farm mobs but......... well Borth is very aggresive and I lack the firepower to safely do that so ....
  • Orcish Assassin poisons living units and sometimes I restart if they poison enough damage dealing bats.
  • Any Dread Bat that dies and more than 2 Blood Bats.
  • When I somehow finished early, I had to restart this scenario to farm it :lol: ...
  • Sometimes P'Gareth summoned Goblin Pillagers and K'Vark got a Troll and Orcish Crossbowman army that I had to restart.... I forgot what to do once it got safe so my units died .... :lol:
  • Basically when I got overrun with Orcs because I wasn't able to "assassinate" Borth
I basically needed 2 Dread Bats that's already leveled and not 1 exp away because I needed their damage.
So I over leveled the 2 scenarios that you can summon bats.

I skip reviewing the other scenarios before this because it's nearly the same.

The replays for bat level up
Spoiler:
Attachments
DiD-Orc War replay.gz
(47.39 KiB) Downloaded 136 times