V1.5/1.6 - 11 - The Battle of the Book

Feedback for the mainline single-player campaign Legend of Wesmere.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

governor

V1.5/1.6 - 11 - The Battle of the Book

Post by governor »

(1) What difficulty levels and what version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?
Medium and Hard 1.5.6
(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)
(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?
Clear
(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?
Clear.
(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?
Mage gets himself killed.
(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)
(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
Add a few more drakes.
(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?
When the lvl3 ogres get close to the mage, he attacks (exposing himself) and gets himself killed.
taemyr

Re: Scenario Review: LoW 11 - The Battle of the Book

Post by taemyr »

(1) What difficulty levels and what version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?
medium 1.5.8
Clear. Although not readily apparent what castle is friendly.
(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?
Confusing. You get very little hints on what this scenario is about.
First scenario where you meet level 3 units in force.
(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
Some situation report in the start to show roughly what you are facing and where the ally you need to protect are. It's possible to guess that it's the middle castle, but...
(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?
No

Isn't it less than 11 year since the humans arrived? How can there be an eremite mage living here? (*)
(*) Edit, OK he's an exile from Haldrics court. You might want to lampshade the fact that the elves and dwarves are not really happy about other races walking through their land, this might be how Olurf knows of Crelanu.
taemyr

Post by taemyr »

Hard 1.5.8
3, I relied much more on sorceresses this time round, so the drakes died extremely quickly. I then had flying units to deal with the trolls.
Clear. Although not readily apparent what castle is friendly.
Confusing. You get very little hints on what this scenario is about.
None.
Some situation report in the start to show roughly what you are facing and where the ally you need to protect are. It's possible to guess that it's the middle castle, but...
No
Bircoph

Post by Bircoph »

1.5.10+svn-r32867.

Clear.

Some story at the beginning is highly welcome.

To save Elder Mage. He was half-dead when I arrived to aid him. Due to 100 starting gold it was not possible to split my forces in two parts and I concentrated on drakes first.

8. But drakes are weaklings indeed.

No idea.

Elder mage's death. Thanks God elvish sylphs are fast.
Per aspera ad astra!
axelotl

Post by axelotl »

1.6 easy; 1.6.2 hard

5. I found this scenario was actually easier on "hard" than on "easy".

Clear.

Why are the Trolls attacking the Mage? Do they want to eat the book? :wink: I think they need a little more motivation ...

Saving Crelanu from his suicidal tendencies (wandering up to a bunch of trolls at night).

6. Defeating the Drake wave is intense, but they all die during the first night. Holding off the trolls is fun
for a while too. However, once my main army reinforces Crelanu's bodyguard it's just shooting fish in a barrel.

Perhaps have some Troll reinforcements arrive on the third day?

The first time I played the scenario (on easy), I didn't give Crelanu a strong enough bodyguard, so he died.
Don't axe a little. Axe a lottle.