01 - The Uprooting

Feedback for the mainline single-player campaign Legend of Wesmere.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Hestelvar

Re: V1.9/1.10 - 01 - The Uprooting

Post by Hestelvar »

(1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?
Solider (Easy)
Starting Gold 240
(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)
4. I found the difficulty nicely balanced whichever enemy leader I targeted.
(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?
Perfectly clear.
(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialogue and storyline of the scenario?
The introduction is excellent. The part when Velon says “...I and the remaining elders will cover your retreat as best we may.” would make much more sense if Velon started with some other aged level 2’s.
(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?
Absence of healers and lack of villages.
(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)
7. As fleeing opening scenarios go this is very good. Good characterisation and four enemy leaders to choose from. Choices, choices.
(7) What, if any, are the changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
Prevent Velon from recruiting until the orcs have rejected his surrender.
It would be nice - though obviously immensely difficult - to have the death of each orc leader lead it a different scenario.
(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?
None.
(9) If you know a bit of the Wesnoth Markup Language - do you think that the WML of this scenario is clear and well commented? If not which part would you like to be documented better?
I’ve read it, but don’t feel qualified to comment.
Remarks:
No mention is made of whether the elves had warning of the orcish force? If this is the main fastness in Lintanir I would have expected both warning and stronger defences.

I'd be grateful for direction to the appropriate feedback thread - I couldn't find one for V1.13/1.14.
Attachments
LoW-The Uprooting replay.bz2
(19.15 KiB) Downloaded 566 times
Xindage

Re: 01 - The Uprooting

Post by Xindage »

(1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?
Lord (Normal)
Version 1.14.4
8 - I find very dificult to target any other leader than T'Baran (Purple - East)
(3) What did you think about the dialog and story?
The orcs tell us to surrender or die but his intention was kill us since from the begging, so what is the reason to us surrender?
But this can be improved when Velon get attack and he decides to surrender and change the line followed by him.
Graur-Tan: Thinking better, we are going to take no prisoners! Die!
(4) What were the major challenges you faced?
Aside from the basic trying to not lose much units, I find dificult to find any viable ways to defeat any other enemy leader.
(5) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)
4 - This is not much fun at start, combat with purple is so much uninteresting and consint in more attack until it dies than strategically find a good way to kill him. About other tatics i have tried to win by killing the other leaders but I failed on all, while I can kill one unit he can recruit more 2.
(6) What suggestions do you have to make it more fun?
Expand more the map like 6-8 tiles horizontaly and 3-4 vertically, so enemys can take more time to reach the player and vice versa.
Since we can just recruit 2 units types, having some good variation of terrain near to the oponents keep can help in some tatical moves, ex: having more grass/dirt terrain near the keeps.
(7) Gameplay.
After 6 restart whitout turn return and RNG abuse i finnaly finished it, about the replay i just recruted few archers in the east of keep and send them all agains purple leader, so i used few meatshields units to get some xp later on them, and when i did all possible moves i finished him.
Attachments
LoW-The Uprooting replay.gz
Replay 1.14.4
(21.6 KiB) Downloaded 707 times
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

(1) What difficulty levels have you played the scenario on?

1.15.2, High Lord (Challenging), 180g

(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?

Clear.

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?

Clear.

(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?

Baiting the enemies in a way that ensures that I hit them first and hard, while minimizing the amount of poisoning they can inflict on me.

(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)

5, very slow.

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?

-

Scenario stats:
Spoiler:
Attachments
(22.49 KiB) Downloaded 361 times
Zrevnur

Post by Zrevnur »

Content Feedback wrote: September 8th, 2010, 4:27 pm (1) What difficulty levels and what version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?
Wesnoth 1.14.11, High Lord (Challenging), no reloading during campaign, played the scenario several times
Content Feedback wrote: September 8th, 2010, 4:27 pm (2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)
If I want to keep all loyal units and the AI leader alive:
this is hard in the sense that I dont know a >=99% strategy but its not overly hard in the sense that its usually relatively easy to beat; so I dont think a single number properly describes it
Content Feedback wrote: September 8th, 2010, 4:27 pm (3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?
Ok. But the AI elf behavior is weird.
Content Feedback wrote: September 8th, 2010, 4:27 pm (4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?
Ok.
Content Feedback wrote: September 8th, 2010, 4:27 pm (5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?
Time and RNG
Content Feedback wrote: September 8th, 2010, 4:27 pm (6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)
Content Feedback wrote: September 8th, 2010, 4:27 pm (7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
No idea.
Content Feedback wrote: September 8th, 2010, 4:27 pm (8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?
No.
Attachments
(24.07 KiB) Downloaded 240 times