Scenario Review: UtBS 7b - Talking with Trolls

Feedback for the mainline campaign Under the Burning Suns.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Content Feedback
Battle for Wesnoth

Scenario Review: UtBS 7b - Talking with Trolls

Post by Content Feedback »

1) What version and difficulty level did you play the scenario on? Please do not submit feedback from pre 1.4.
4) Do you like the storyline and the dialogues? If not what part/character lags behind or what would you like changed?
5) Do you think the scenario was fun? Please write down some thoughts about gameplay, mood etc.
Mainline Campaigns: Scenario FeedbackDevelopment & Overall Feedback
User-made Add-ons: Feedback
shadowblack

Re: Scenario Review: UtBS 7b - Talking with Trolls

Post by shadowblack »

1) What version and difficulty level did you play the scenario on? Please do not submit feedback from pre 1.4.
1.8.4, Desert Sentinel (Challenging)

4) Do you like the storyline and the dialogues? If not what part/character lags behind or what would you like changed?
Very good.

5) Do you think the scenario was fun? Please write down some thoughts about gameplay, mood etc.
Yes, it was. As far as characters and dialogue go I liked the trolls better than the dwarves.

6) Do you think the scenario's WML is clear and commented well enough? If not which part would you like to see improved?
Clear, but there could be a few more comments.
You are a Dark Adept: You immerse yourself in the dark arts... potentially with great rewards...
Pewskeepski

Post by Pewskeepski »

(1) Difficulty, version? Challenging, 1.9.4 (100 gold)
(2) How difficult? (1-10) 1
(3) How clear? :?:
(4) Dialog? Excellent (But I was bummed when I lost Elyssa, my silver mage :()
(5) Challenges? None (I picked my Desert Captain to wield the sword)
(6) How fun? (1-10) 9: Dialogue i great :D
(7) Changes? None
(8) Reloads or restarts? Nope
(9) WML? Fine
(10) Replay? Nah
(11) Map? I like how it's the dwarves castle smashed to bits
"Everything is better with penguins."
Creator of Burning Souls, The Fall of Wesnoth (abandoned) and Adventures of Knighthood (now available on BfW 1.15!)
Maiklas3000

Post by Maiklas3000 »

1) Version and difficulty? 1.9.7, nightmare
4) Storyline and dialogues? Super excellent!
5) Fun, gameplay, mood, etc.? Sometimes these trivial story-telling scenarios are a nuisance, but this one was really cool. One thing I wasn't clear on was whether I should try to recruit a lot or nothing. It turns out that you should spend all your gold. You don't keep it, and the price of recruits is about to go up again. Recruiting five 20 gold units is best.

Edit: M'kay, to avoid double-posting years apart, I'll edit my post. I'm now on 1.11.15, nightmare. I just wanted to note that you can't recruit five 20 gold units, because of the small keep and upkeep costs, but you get the idea: spend all your gold. In general, the gold is confusing here, because it keeps flashing back and forth between your carryover from the previous scenario and your allocated 100 gold here, and then as it turns out you don't get to keep the 100 gold.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

1) What version and difficulty level did you play the scenario on?
1.12.1, Medium

Yes, it's ok, maybe a bit lengthy. I would definitely edit out some details in Alyssa's lines: I made her a Great Mage (dealing more than twice the fire damage of a Shaman), so her being so impressed with the Shaman's fire magic is totally off. (For any Red Mage, actually.)

ok.
I have a cunning plan.
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

Recruited units should have full MP, so that you don't have to end turn in this talk-only scenario.
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
But perhaps 'maintainer' is too strong a word.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

1) What version and difficulty level did you play the scenario on?

1.15.7, Nightmare (Champion)

Cutscene scenario.
Attachments
UtBS-Talking with Trolls replay 20210920-161227.gz
(34.52 KiB) Downloaded 69 times