Scenario Review: (UTBS) 3. A Stirring in the Night

Feedback for the mainline campaign Under the Burning Suns.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Weeksy

Re: 1.3.7, Stirring in the Night won't work

Post by Weeksy »

1.3.x wrote:CAMPAIGN IS UNDER RECONSTRUCTION. SOME SCENARIOS MAY DIFFER FROM WHAT YOU REMEMBER, BE UNBALANCED, OR ALLTOGETHER UNPLAYABLE.
Emphasis mine.
If enough people bang their heads against a brick wall, The brick wall will fall down
cordobatim

Re: 1.3.7, Stirring in the Night won't work

Post by cordobatim »

Weeksy wrote:
1.3.x wrote:CAMPAIGN IS UNDER RECONSTRUCTION. SOME SCENARIOS MAY DIFFER FROM WHAT YOU REMEMBER, BE UNBALANCED, OR ALLTOGETHER UNPLAYABLE.
Emphasis mine.
True, and the following line says: "FEEDBACK IN THE FORUMS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED." Is this not the appropriate place?
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

IIRC technical support would be the place for that, as most bugs with campaigns are reported there.
If enough people bang their heads against a brick wall, The brick wall will fall down
a.ritthaler

WTF???

Post by a.ritthaler »

I have done the campaign twice, but in stirring in the night, with every move the blue team makes, an undead appears. By the start of the second turn, I lose, and there isn't anything I can do about it. It's INFURIATING![/u]
Rhuvaen
Inactive Developer

Post by Rhuvaen »

That has been fixed for a while now. Try the scenario on version 1.3.8 or later.

Better yet, restart the campaign completely when 1.3.10 comes out (I'm not saying that is going to happen soon).
a.ritthaler

Post by a.ritthaler »

Thanx, see you around
Clonkinator

Re: Scenario Review: (UTBS) 3. A Stirring in the Night

Post by Clonkinator »

quartex wrote:(1) What difficulty levels and game versions have you played the scenario on?
(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)
(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?
(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?
(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?
(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)
(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
(8) How much gold did you have at the start of the scenario?
1) 1.2.2 Challenging, 1.2.4 Normal
2) 1.2.2: 9, 1.2.4: 6
3) It was okay.
4) I played it with German language, and the dialogs partually were a little bit strange, but otherwise okay
5) Not losing more than 6 villages was easy. Not losing all my units was rather hard.
6) 6 if you have some well-leveled hunters; 4 otherwise
7) Hm... Don't really know.
8) I can't really remember, was something 300ish.
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

1: 1.3.11 - Nightmare :twisted:
2: 9. First real challenge of the campaign. I don't like giving up a village so I rush to the edge and then scramble to reinforce my failing lines.
3: Clear, but bugged, see later.
4: Excellent, but bugged, see later.
5: Finding the right balance of trying to conserve men (but wastes time, bringing the orcs' ownage upon thy heels) and bumrushing the enemy leaders but losing important units.
6: 7. Still an extremely fun scenario, especially if you can manage to get the 2 undead leaders to fight each other a bit.
7: Fix the later bug.

Alright, so this bug. I had Garak die in my game (got hit 4 times by a rev and then enough by some chocobones to bring him to dead from full :x). Guess what? Game didn't end.

So, I kept on playing, assuming that it had to do with his later reincarnation. However, when I slew the undead leader, the dialogue faltered a bit in (when the first undead leader should say that he will not let the sun rise, right before the second chimes in saying he will support him in this - this message did not appear. Caused a continuity break in the storyline).

More importantly, Garak did not appear :x.
So, fix it =). Ask me for any more info and I'll gladly give it.
miekka

Post by miekka »

1. 1.27 easiest
2. 6. The enemies weren't too eager to go in my open villages, for some reason.
3. Crystal.
4. Excellent. I was actually a little shocked when Garak turned undead.
5. Killing one of the bad guys.
6. 5.
7. nothing.
8. 342
Sly

Post by Sly »

miekka wrote:2. 6. The enemies weren't too eager to go in my open villages, for some reason.
It's not their objectives : they fight each other when they can. Your villages and unit are sidealong opportunities :wink:
delirium

Post by delirium »

What? This is weird. I killed everyone. Nothing is happening... Bug?
Mist
Inactive Developer

Post by Mist »

Yes. Bug. Mentioned in Technical Support, Senario and Campaign Development and on bug tracker. Apparently it had to be metioned here as well to make full set :P

Anyway. 1.3.14 was the relase bringing the Feature and String Freeze (tm) and I was rushing changes to make it before It(tm) happens. This and a dozen of other bugs, spelling mistakes in the code and ballancing issues that popped up are fixed in 1.3.15 that was just announced but is not yet relased.
Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep.
Disorder.
GekigangerIII

Post by GekigangerIII »

This and a dozen of other bugs, spelling mistakes in the code and ballancing issues that popped up are fixed in 1.3.15 that was just announced but is not yet relased.
I downloaded 1.3.15, played through the first two scenarios again, and still cannot beat this scenario. Dawn-time comes, the two undead leaders announce that the sun will not rise until one of them is dead, then the game freezes up.

I tried to kill one of the leaders before dawn-time, but the leaders are too tough now. Too many of the units will spawn with 30 experience, attack one of my units, and immediately gain a level.

This is on the medium difficulty level.
Mist
Inactive Developer

Post by Mist »

http://wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19760 for the fix.

And killing both leaders before dawn is supposed to be an outstanding feat, not expected scenario aim, that's why the scenario was toughened up. I'll tweak the experience of spawns a bit to stop them coming up with 1xp short of level up.
Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep.
Disorder.
052Hagen

Post by 052Hagen »

So, like someone mentioned above, I killed everything (easy difficulty), but nothing happens. Is there anything I can do, besides restarting the campaign?