Wesnoth 1.15.14 (1.16 Beta 1)

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Re: Wesnoth 1.15.14 (1.16 Beta 1)

Post by Atreides »

Thanks all, I did afterwards look through all the changelog (again) and spotted what sounded like a new feature that disabled other eras. My hack was to load the other eras _main.cfg (which worked but spammed the error log with duplicate id errors : - ) I'll use the proper solution. BTW the #ifhave was not the problem, I know it works because else I would not have had the choice.

BTW is there a list yet of changes 1.14 to 1.16 as there is for 12 to 14 yet?

Addendum:
The proper solution does not apply since my era has no multiplayer tag, only multiplayer_side. I've gone back to the hack of loading the other eras main.cfg, it works.
Last edited by Atreides on July 6th, 2021, 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

For lua there's this.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

Celtic_Minstrel wrote: July 5th, 2021, 1:45 pm
Temuchin Khan wrote: July 5th, 2021, 12:37 pm Hello. I'm experiencing a bug that appears to prevent the experimental AI from recruiting any units at all. The king just sits there until he gets attacked. I'm attaching a screenshot:
Open data/ai/lua/generic_recruit_engine.lua and look at line 760. It should look like this:

Code: Select all

lawful_bonus = wesnoth.schedule.get_time_of_day(nil, wesnoth.current.turn + eta).lawful_bonus / eta^2
Thank you, but as far as I can tell that text is correct.
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

Hmm, okay. Maybe the bug was that it didn't accept valid input. As a possible quick-fix you can try replacing nil with {-99,-99} on that line. It'll be properly fixed in 1.15.15, of course.
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

I love the bigger font in the help/encyclopedia/description text. Also the compact 1 line way attacks are listed in the side panel now.
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

Celtic_Minstrel wrote: July 7th, 2021, 11:34 pm Hmm, okay. Maybe the bug was that it didn't accept valid input. As a possible quick-fix you can try replacing nil with {-99,-99} on that line. It'll be properly fixed in 1.15.15, of course.
Thank you.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

I'm getting logs with "unknown unit types" for units in the era I'm not using. That is I start bfw play era A then quit and check the log (fresh with every run) and it refers to era B's units in the aforementioned manner. Each era is a separate addon.

Bug? Or just a quirk of the log (there are many I know) that can be ignored?
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Atreides wrote: July 10th, 2021, 8:30 pm I'm getting logs with "unknown unit types" for units in the era I'm not using. That is I start bfw play era A then quit and check the log (fresh with every run) and it refers to era B's units in the aforementioned manner. Each era is a separate addon.
Yeah, it happens. Dummy log entries, TBH. Since it's not causing any crashing/segfaults, it seems okay-ish to me.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

changelog wrote: A warning is now displayed when the next scenario is unknown (issue #5530).
Is there a way to disable this? Through WML/Lua, not preferences.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

doofus-01 wrote: July 11th, 2021, 10:21 pm
changelog wrote: A warning is now displayed when the next scenario is unknown (issue #5530).
Is there a way to disable this? Through WML/Lua, not preferences.
Do you have a use-case that needs to disable it? If so, I'll have a look at how to avoid it triggering in that case.

Values that don't trigger it are:
  • an empty string or "null"
  • any known scenario (which can be the name of the current scenario),
  • anything with a dollar sign in (which is assumed to be a variable which will be set later).
This supports having a stub scenario with a message saying "You have reached the end of playable scenarios. The campaign is still under development and you can resume playing when the scenario becomes available in the near future with this start-of-scenario save". Just put the stub scenario's own id into its next_scenario.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

octalot wrote: July 11th, 2021, 11:49 pm Do you have a use-case that needs to disable it? If so, I'll have a look at how to avoid it triggering in that case.
Scenarios are generated via macro and next scenarios are generated via different macros. Not all possible generated "next scenarios" exist, but they can't be reached because of external conditions.

It will be hard to distill the relevant code (it's from the add-on Bad Moon Rising), creating a built-in check for this situation is probably not worth your time. But this feature is to protect players from careless UMC creators, a toggle to disable it wouldn't hurt that function.

I've got a parallel discussion in the PR https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/pull/5841

Thanks.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Would calling wesnoth.wml_actions.endlevel work as way to disable check?